Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you wear modest nightgowns?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
DH and I wear modest nightgowns. When we are on vacation without the kids we both wear pajamas lol.

Surprised

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:18 pm
Nightshirts always.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:23 pm
amother wrote:
I could have been more specific as to hashkafa, but it seems more inclusive to leave it open. I’m RW yeshivish.

I am RW yeshivish, as well. My children do see me in loose pajama pants and tshirts that cover me well. They are all pretty young, so I might change that once my sons are older.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:24 pm
RW yeshivish. The only time I wear anything purposely modest is when nida. Otherwise it ranges from cute sweatpants and tshirts/tanks (like victorias secret) to more s-xy tanks and night tops. If I need to walk through the house in front of my kids I throw on a hoodie and skirt/pants.
(Im not trying to be insensitive here but im genuinely trying to understand why you would purposely dress modest for the bedroom when you arent nida...just so your kids wont see?)

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:25 pm
I use nice nightgowns, but have some nightshirts too that I use only in bedroom.

When my oldest 2 were babies I used to sleep in a tee shirt sometimes. (oversized with a big mickey on the front) lol.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:26 pm
If I'm niddah, I wear a long sleeve, tznius neckline, floor length nightgown.
If I'm not niddah I wear whatever I want, depending on the weather. But I always put on a floor length robe and snood before leaving my bedroom.
(Chabadnikit)

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:28 pm
I wear snood and nightgown with almost proper neckline, long sleeve, almost down to my ankles.
I am not makpid on my feet being covered.
I walk around the house like that.
My oldest son is nine.

RW y eshivish

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:31 pm
Ditto

amother wrote:
I wear snood and nightgown with almost proper neckline, long sleeve, almost down to my ankles.
I am not makpid on my feet being covered.
I walk around the house like that.
My oldest son is nine.

RW y eshivish

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:36 pm
I sleep in DH’s clean undershirt and (my own Wink ) underwear and that is all. My kids are getting bigger and I know I need to be more modest but I’m so comfortable this way... I try to keep our door locked at night but somehow kids always make it to our room in the am. We are yeshivish/chassidish.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
RW yeshivish. The only time I wear anything purposely modest is when nida. Otherwise it ranges from cute sweatpants and tshirts/tanks (like victorias secret) to more s-xy tanks and night tops. If I need to walk through the house in front of my kids I throw on a hoodie and skirt/pants.
(Im not trying to be insensitive here but im genuinely trying to understand why you would purposely dress modest for the bedroom when you arent nida...just so your kids wont see?)

I wear pajamas during breakfast and sometimes in the evening while interacting with children other than sleeping. I wear lacey immodest nightgowns most of the time, then am always grabbing a robe and they sometimes don’t stay put so well while moving around. My oldest is 15 y/o.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:40 pm
(Im not trying to be insensitive here but im genuinely trying to understand why you would purposely dress modest for the bedroom when you arent nida...just so your kids wont see?)[/quote]

Some answers, as they come to mind... Not in any specific order:
A) my children (I don't have a master bathroom)
B) I don't feel comfortable in untznius clothing. I've been wearing nightgown since I was young-maybe 8/10 years old
C) tznius is not only when other see you. It's mehudar to try to be tznius as much as possible. The shechina is present.
D) the zohar says that women who are tznius in the home have good children

I really would feel uncomfortable in untznius clothing. I am someone who it's very makpid in tznius in general. (Only wear tights, wear a full slip, my sheitel is not long and I am 30 yo)

My son would be very uncomfortable seeing me in pjs.he doesn't like it when his younger sister wears knee socks and her skirt flies up.

My husband wouldn't want me walking around not covered in front of the kids.

Truthfully, I don't have special lingerie that I wear. as a kallah, I bought a beautiful satin sleeveless nightgown with a matching robe, but don't feel comfortable in it. I only wore it a few times during first few years of marriage. It is hidden in my closet.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:41 pm
I am chasidish- I wear night shirts. I get dressed when I wake up. I don’t walk around in night gear usually.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:45 pm
I wear pajamas pants and shirts with long sleeve or short sleeve but with good neckline. I never wear nightgown even when niddah.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:01 am
I wear nightgowns with matching morning robe and snood with matching slips and socks whenever we have guests. Otherwise, I wear a tshirt and shorts. The shorts come off when I go under the blanket.

Signed a women who gets too hot at night

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:02 am
Israeli_C wrote:
If I'm niddah, I wear a long sleeve, tznius neckline, floor length nightgown.
If I'm not niddah I wear whatever I want, depending on the weather. But I always put on a floor length robe and snood before leaving my bedroom.
(Chabadnikit)

Do you wear the wrap robes or the zip ones? The wrap ones don’t keep me covered.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:07 am
amother wrote:
I am chasidish- I wear night shirts. I get dressed when I wake up. I don’t walk around in night gear usually.

I always did things this way until some big life changes. I was dressed, makeup, sheitel and tights at breakfast. Learning how to navigate something new now.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:08 am
yksraya wrote:
And pink fuzzy socks? Wink

I’m pretty sure she meant pink as in Victoria’s Secret

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
What’s wrong with boys seeing their own mother in pajama pants?

Im not going to say right or wrong and I don’t want to derail the threat to Halacha. It’s similar to the scenario that some mothers cover the hair in the house and some don’t I suppose you could say.

sequoia

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:23 am
amother wrote:
I’m pretty sure she meant pink as in Victoria’s Secret

No Smile

I meant the color pink. Pjs, socks, undies, sheets, pillowcases, t-shirts, watch, ring, Magen David necklace... everything pink Smile

I just got a pale pink coat too.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:33 am
amother wrote:

Some answers, as they come to mind... Not in any specific order:
A) my children (I don't have a master bathroom)
B) I don't feel comfortable in untznius clothing. I've been wearing nightgown since I was young-maybe 8/10 years old
C) tznius is not only when other see you. It's mehudar to try to be tznius as much as possible. The shechina is present.
D) the zohar says that women who are tznius in the home have good children

I really would feel uncomfortable in untznius clothing. I am someone who it's very makpid in tznius in general. (Only wear tights, wear a full slip, my sheitel is not long and I am 30 yo)

My son would be very uncomfortable seeing me in pjs.he doesn't like it when his younger sister wears knee socks and her skirt flies up.

My husband wouldn't want me walking around not covered in front of the kids.

Truthfully, I don't have special lingerie that I wear. as a kallah, I bought a beautiful satin sleeveless nightgown with a matching robe, but don't feel comfortable in it. I only wore it a few times during first few years of marriage. It is hidden in my closet.[/quote]

Thank you for responding. I hear what you're saying, its just interesting because I purposely wear pretty, immodest night clothing because my (real yeshivish Rebetzin) kallah teacher years ago educated me that way. ..that we should always look beautiful and attractive, always invest in pretty lingerie and pajamas, that we are not looking to be tzniyusdik in front of our husbands.

Obviously we need to be covered in front of kids...I cover up when I leave the room
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics