Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Winter blues

Wife1

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 6:36 pm
I'm a wahm and in the winter I don't get to leave my house for days on end any ideas?

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:17 pm
no errands, shopping, lunch or coffee out with friends, meetings, doc appts, gym, etc?

I make sure to get out every day. I only work at home part time (work at a friend's house part time too) but I've got stuff every day.

If you can't adjust your schedule enough to really leave during work hours, you can play music or jog in place for a bit or read a good book or call a friend...... change up your laundry or chore schedule, etc.....

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:37 pm
Go out at night!

nameless

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 2:19 am
I started taking a half hour walk before I sit down to work in the morning. It does wonders for my mood!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 2:53 am
Bundle up comfortably and take a brisk walk with headphones. Either early before the kids get up, or in the evening once they've settled down.

Make sure that you keep the window shades OPEN during the day all over the house. That daylight is so important, especially for someone who suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder. If you don't have access to sunlight, you can buy an artificial light that can help.

You need to take vitamin D too.

Beyla

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 2:55 am
Such good advices! I work and am a stay at home mom and my mood is so much better when I go out (and it’s sunny outside😬)!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 3:06 am
Can you not take even a 10, 15 minute break to take a walk around the block?
I work full time from 8-5 from home and thankfully have a dog to walk, so I take a break in the early afternoon, literally 15 minutes, walk the dog around the block and then come back to my work.

Wife1

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:15 am
Thanks Yes I ALWAYS leave windows open... that's a must I know!

fulltimemommy

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:58 am
Definitely take a walk, even if it's just around the corner. Find reasons to go outside (take out the garbage, go shopping for dinner, return a package, take out money from the ATM etc) Once you go out, you'll feel different. And yes, it is good to get out every single day. Make it a priority. Use your "lunch break".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers