Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Theoretical question:
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 10:22 am
sarahd wrote:
amother wrote:
happyone wrote:
amother wrote:
Can we all NOT play into these trollish threads please? Thank you.

not sure what's trollish about this. I think it's a great theoretical question.

sheindelnomi has a history of starting provocative threads and then disappearing to let everyone else fight. she isn't likely to participate in this one again - unless in response to this challenge! - or as various anonymous posters with provocative viewpoints. Click on her profile and read her past posts, especially the threads she started.

You might very well be right, but it would be easier to take you seriously if you posted under your screenname.

I was NOT the amother who posted that statement about her history, but if you need a screen name I'll use mine to say she is 100% right. This is getting so strange. Are a lot of people in on a prank or am I becoming seriously paranoid? Distinctly twilightzoney!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 10:26 am
So maybe this should be the question:

Sheindelnomi's 8 year old daughter is walking near a river and she suddenly sees two people drowning. She knows both - one is a non-Jewish person who is dressed very tsnius. You know, long sleeves, hair covered (not easy when you're drowning, by the way), long skirt and heavy stockings.

The other woman is Jewish but she's dressed very immodestly -- long slit in skirt, low cut shirt revealing cleavage, short sleeves and no hair-covering.

Now, Sheindelnomi's daughter is going to save just one person. Who is she going to save?

RedRuby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 10:32 am
Maybe SheindelNomi should answer...

Or has she riled us up enough to watch us go back and forth?

I agree with the posters who take issue with S.N. starting provocative threads and then leaving while everyone is fighting.

I think we call that an instigator.

SheindelNomi, are you still here? Do ya REALLY wanna know? Or do you find this fun?

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 10:36 am
her daughter would never dream of swimming in a river where any passersby could see her. She might yell mussar from the shore in the hope the woman will repent before her death.
Anyhow, I could see why the tznius woman is drowning with all that stuff weighing her down..but why can't the other lady swim? Maybe along with the mussar she can can yell chizuk to the tznius women not to remove any garment and be moser nefesh for tznius

sarahd

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:15 am
I like Clarissa's question better than Sheindelnomi's and I think we should make an exception to Imamother rules and let her 8 year old daughter post her thoughts...even though she's a single girl, and not even an older single at that. LOL

sarahd

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:15 am
RedRuby wrote:
I think we call that an instigator.

I believe that it's called a troll, hence the first response to the OP.

JewishMother18

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:28 am
isn't this pure loshon hora ladies?

please

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:23 pm
RedRuby wrote:
I agree with the posters who take issue with S.N. starting provocative threads and then leaving while everyone is fighting.

This is the amother who first questioned sheindelnomi's legitimacy. I am staying anonymous for (legitimate) personal reasons, but I'm a fairly frequent poster here.

I just wanted to say that it's "interesting" that S.N. stands for Sheindel Nomi and also for Screen Name.....

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:24 pm
Jewish Mother wrote:
isn't this pure loshon hora ladies?

please

How can it be loshon hara when S.N. is completely anonymous (as are most of us, even if we aren't posting as amother)?

sheindelnomi

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:38 pm
Clarissa wrote:
So maybe this should be the question:

Sheindelnomi's 8 year old daughter is walking near a river and she suddenly sees two people drowning. She knows both - one is a non-Jewish person who is dressed very tsnius. You know, long sleeves, hair covered (not easy when you're drowning, by the way), long skirt and heavy stockings.

The other woman is Jewish but she's dressed very immodestly -- long slit in skirt, low cut shirt revealing cleavage, short sleeves and no hair-covering.

Now, Sheindelnomi's daughter is going to save just one person. Who is she going to save?

Hi, this is Sheindelnomi's 8 year old daughter. I always long skirts and heavy stockings, and it would be pikuach nefesh for me to try to save anyone. Ok, enough with this Smile

Ladies, the answer to my question is simple. Hashem gave us the Torah, and in the Torah He says that we should save a Jew because we are obligated to do so. It is a mitzvah to save Jew ! Now your yetzer horoh says you have to save non-Jew, but you have to fight it. Even if you do not understand the reason. "Torah said so" should be more than enough for us.

RedRuby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:45 pm
So why did you ask the question?

To see if we knew the answer?

Question Question Question

sheindelnomi

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 12:48 pm
RedRuby wrote:
So why did you ask the question?

To see if we knew the answer?

Question Question Question

Well, it is so simple Smile I know the answer and I accept the answer. But there are answers you aren't going to offer to a person who, you know, started keeping kosher several months ago.

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 1:04 pm
I expressed doubt about sheindelnomi in a different thread, and this new one doesn't change my opinion at all. How do you spell TROLL? s-h-e-I-n-d-e-l-n-o-m-I-. Rolling Eyes Or someone prove me wrong!

Garden

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 1:35 pm
I don't see what's troll about this. She wanted to start a discussion and she did. Why is this any different than home birth versus hospital birth etc? Maybe I'm missing something but I totally don't get it

sheindelnomi

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 1:44 pm
yy wrote:
I expressed doubt about sheindelnomi in a different thread, and this new one doesn't change my opinion at all. How do you spell TROLL? s-h-e-I-n-d-e-l-n-o-m-I-. Rolling Eyes Or someone prove me wrong!

Very good. So next time I see this lady, this is what I am going to say: look, I wanted to find an answer acceptable to you, but I couldn't, because some ladies said I am a troll. So, she may stop being shomer shabbes, thanks partly to yy.

Purplehair

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 1:54 pm
I think that the women should ask a competant Rabbinical authority rather than waiting on an answer from the women on Imamother (with no disrespect meant to anyone here!)

leomom

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 2:02 pm
sheindelnomi wrote:
yy wrote:

Very good. So next time I see this lady, this is what I am going to say: look, I wanted to find an answer acceptable to you, but I couldn't, because some ladies said I am a troll. So, she may stop being shomer shabbes, thanks partly to yy.

Interesting cause and effect there. You have free choice, as does everyone else here.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 2:03 pm
swimmer wrote:
I don't see what's troll about this. She wanted to start a discussion and she did. Why is this any different than home birth versus hospital birth etc? Maybe I'm missing something but I totally don't get it

Read the other threads she has started. Also read about trolls in general.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 2:27 pm
I sense a familiar pattern...should I say welcome back? Wink

gonewiththewind

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 2:59 pm
tzena, I think you mean it is deja vu all over again!
Sheindelnomi, if you exist, how could you speak to someone with such weak emunah! Don't you know the hashpa'ah everything you hear and see has on you and you could never erase it from your soul? Doesn't the achrayus hang so heavily on you that if you don't correct all her mistakes you will be held responsible after 120 years!! And what are you doing on this site? There are so many questionable hashkofos here and insults to our chachomim. The gedolim said we must not use the internet and that should be enough to make you say away.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions