Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your deep, dark, secret ambition?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 9:56 am
Another lighter post.

What's something you've always wanted to do but aren't sure if you will be able to?

For me, I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. We always camped and day-hiked as kids but I've never gone backpacking. DH likes hiking but hates bugs. We don't have kids yet (fertility issues on my end Banging head ), so why not? I want to hike all 2,200 miles of the Appalachian trail. There, I said it.

simba

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:00 am
Become a Dr.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:01 am
Why limit it to just one, there are 3 north/south trails. I’d love to do the Pacific Crest. I’ve backpacked a couple parts only in Washington.

Zehava

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:02 am
Live on a farm

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:03 am
Go on vacations with my family. Unfortunately no means for that.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:09 am
Zehava wrote:
Live on a farm

Same! But for me it might end up becoming a reality one day.

I also would love to be a nurse . I wish it would be something I could volunteer as instead of having to go to school for it.

I want to run a used clothing gemach

I have wanted to open a scrapbooking store and hold get togethers for women to craft together, learn new techiniques and have fun while preserving memories.

I want to have a food truck that travels throughout the US to destinations where Kosher food is not easy to get but still has frum travelers.

I want to make aliya

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:16 am
To open a school that accepts all frum children.

An organization that pays for therapy sessions for those in need who cannot afford it.
Would also love to pay for tutoring for girls who struggle academically.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:25 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Same! But for me it might end up becoming a reality one day.

I also would love to be a nurse . I wish it would be something I could volunteer as instead of having to go to school for it.

I want to run a used clothing gemach

I have wanted to open a scrapbooking store and hold get togethers for women to craft together, learn new techiniques and have fun while preserving memories.

I want to have a food truck that travels throughout the US to destinations where Kosher food is not easy to get but still has frum travelers.

I want to make aliya

That food truck idea is brilliant. And don’t limit it to the U.S. You should have franchises and fleets in every overseas country where Jews travel. There can be an online booking system so that travellers know where to meet the food truck. You might need to also be a generic ice cream truck to get the kids excited too lol. 🍦

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:29 am
I want to travel the world. I want to make aliyah. I want to write a bestselling novel. I want head an organization that will tackle the tuition crisis.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:32 am
1. Serve in ( Israely ) army - so not realistic , age , medical issues , work etc.
2. To become a CT surgeon - I am in the same field but not MD and not in CT surgery .
3. To have more kids - not realistic due to age and medical issues

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:35 am
Win the lottery (which would be complicated, being as I have never purchased a ticket in my life.)

momsrus

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:37 am
Be in an underwater hotel and be part of ocean experience.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:41 am
I want to get my true personality back and then help others in this unique situation!

At age 40 I had a cultic (unlicensed) therapist for 2 years who completely brain washed me. It's been years later and still trying to find a way to get ny "self" back.

For example, I was an enneagram type 3 and I now have no traces of that left in me.

I'm actually hoping that I get back the ability to want and hope and dream to desire for something.. but he made me into a shmate that can't think for oneself.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:45 am
amother wrote:
I want to get my true personality back and then help others in this unique situation!

At age 40 I had a cultic (unlicensed) therapist for 2 years who completely brain washed me. It's been years later and still trying to find a way to get ny "self" back.

For example, I was an enneagram type 3 and I now have no traces of that left in me.

I'm actually hoping that I get back the ability to want and hope and dream to desire for something.. but he made me into a shmate that can't think for oneself.

Hug

I hope you succeed in your ambitions. I wish this thread was hug enabled.

aricelli

Open a childrens therapy center in brooklyn like the one I saw in Colorado: where the therapy is child-led and playful, the parents are welcomed in and encouraged to join, beautiful equipment....and for sure no therapists on cel- phones!
No money, no degree

amother
Green

To star in a Broadway musical comedy, which would be a miracle because I sing like a frog. (Rex Harrison managed in My Fair Lady so it can be done.) Or maybe just a plain comedy, no singing. I’m a bit mature to play the ingenue, but Arsenic and Old Lace is due for a revival.

aricelli

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:47 am
Amother crimson:
When I open my center I’ll for sure see some for free/ at low cost!

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 10:49 am
Wow soooo many. Some are more practical, some less so, but I hope/wish/aim to accomplish at least most of them at some point in my life.

Learn to fence.

Write a bestseller.

Backpack around the world.

Learn to play the harp.

Take a Great American Road Trip.

Find an excuse to dress up like a bow and arrow wielding elf.

Open a Jewish library that’s as big as a public library, with programs and cute children’s play/reading area, etc.

Get a horse and learn to ride it.

Serve on jury. (I know, I know, most people try getting out of it... go figure)

For maximum effect, I just have to imagine doing a few at once. Imagine myself dressed up in a medieval princess dress, racing through the mountains of Peru on my majestic steed, my sword drawn... oh gosh, it gives me chills. But that’s probably not gonna happen.

aricelli

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:09 am
Ravenclaw- please please please such a library! I mean you could get a horse too, I’d be happy for you as well but the library?! How awesome would that be?!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:16 am
I want to be a rock star. Sigh.

I also want to publish the many floating stories in my head, and while I’m at it, I want them to be wildly successful. This ambition needs attention and time from me because it’s actually achievable.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics