Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your deep, dark, secret ambition?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:18 am
To see what its like to live alone
(Hope my anon button is working!)

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:23 am
not so secret, not so deep, and not so dark. I want to be a stay at home mom again. I daven for the ability and parnassa every day.

If I cant do that, my other ambition is to open a Jewish Children's Library (like the one in Cedarhurst, NY), and make my parnassa that way, but have someone else manage the fundraising.

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:24 am
To win the world championship of What? Where? When?.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:28 am
Go back to my profession which I gave up when I had kids.

Get medical clearence to go to Peru.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:31 am
Not deep n dark. But real wants,hopes and dreams that will come true one day beezras hashem.

I'd love to be a midwife one day.

Have a home birth at my next birth beh..

Have my own beautiful art studio. Perhaps in a barn... And paint in denim overalls.

Cut my hair to a cool boycut...

Play the guitar...

Artist/hippie in my soul. Loving my chasidish life bh.... Just need to find away to express these deep emotions+live the life I'm living..

I'm sure there are more. I'll be back as they come up....

sky

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:34 am
Become a stay at home mother
Run summer camp for my kids
Enjoy winter break

I also Wish I could sing, play a musical instrument, and paint.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
To see what its like to live alone
(Hope my anon button is working!)

I send you a bracha that you should never have to find out what it’s like to live alone!

nchr

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:37 am
Become an astronaut. Yes, I know being in space is full of serious dangers and astronauts suffer many physical consequences as a result of their job, but this is a deep, dark dream. I've even experienced water training and other courses to get a taste of this dream. Of course, I know that this dream will stay: a dream.

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:40 am
Hey mistyrose, I am chassidish too! As are many other posters. You can totally be yourself, no matter what. And remember—every society has rules, and social standards that some people find doesn’t allow them to be their authentic selves. If you were born into Manhattan socialites and loved street art and cool sneakers (converse? Jordans? What are they called again?) you would feel out of place. If you grew up in the ghetto and wanted to play the cello you would feel out of place. If you were from a family of lawyers and wanted to be a hippie artist you would feel rejected... and vice versa.
Nothing to do with which culture you were born into, just how to find the confidence to be yourself in it.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:41 am
Have anough money and extra to be the nice lady who can give nice amounts of tzeduka to poor and low income families.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:47 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Hey mistyrose, I am chassidish too! As are many other posters. You can totally be yourself, no matter what. And remember—every society has rules, and social standards that some people find doesn’t allow them to be their authentic selves. If you were born into Manhattan socialites and loved street art and cool sneakers (converse? Jordans? What are they called again?) you would feel out of place. If you grew up in the ghetto and wanted to play the cello you would feel out of place. If you were from a family of lawyers and wanted to be a hippie artist you would feel rejected... and vice versa.
Nothing to do with which culture you were born into, just how to find the confidence to be yourself in it.

100%
I sometimes wonder if I know you:)

I do paint... And don't plan on giving up on my dreams of becoming a midwife. And some other dreams ...
And having that art studio..

My DH is super supportive, open minded and accepting.

I am very aware of certain limitations I do have. And standards I must stick to if I choose the lifestyle I'm living. And if I want that for my kids. Which I accept graciously.

There are things I cant wear. And things I cant/wont do. And that's ok.
I'm not denying the pangs I feel at times. But it's all about prioritizing....

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:52 am
To be a midwife.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:54 am
Open a school program for frum kids who are really bright and have really deficient social and life skills. It will teach them on grade level or above, with help as needed to accomodate for deficiencies and to build in study skills, and have resources to connect them to accelerated practical and research opportunities in their fields of interest (and provide support as needed). And it will also teach them practical skills like executive functioning, how to deal with different types of people in different settings, and general life and planning skills. And of course therapy for anxiety, and practical training for how to deal with bullying.

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:59 am
I don't have any dark ambitions, but I want to fly. Really fly. I don't care if it would be the last thing I ever did.

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:05 pm
Rappel wrote:
I don't have any dark ambitions, but I want to fly. Really fly. I don't care if it would be the last thing I ever did.

That sounds ominous.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:08 pm
Oak:
I’ll volunteer for your school- I’m looking for something like this!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:10 pm
What is holding all of you back from opening your schools and libraries and becoming midwives? These are noble ambitions, not dark ones.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:12 pm
not previous posters but I'm guessing time and money.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:14 pm
I'd love to live on a ranch with farm animals where I can be me, without any judgement. Where my children can play with the animals, feed them, care for them and develop a part of them which they can't develop as city kids.
Where I can plant my own produce and play the clarinet on a hill during sunset.
Where I can develop my relationships without the hubbub of city in the background.
Where I can live my life like it was meant to be lived.

Rappel

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 12:16 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
That sounds ominous.

It does, but it's not. It's just a very dear wish.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics