Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your deep, dark, secret ambition?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 1:57 pm
I really really want to be a foster parent to Jewish kids
Have a bunch of my own little ones now so not so fair to them...
But who knows one day
I should start a thread about that ,I would love to hear from people who foster.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:03 pm
I want to run a huge moshav, and take in every unwanted child in the world. There will be a village for at risk youth, a nursery, and everything in between. There will be doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, activities directors, social workers, and people who can volunteer as big brother/big sister.

Teens who want to get chessed hours will be especially welcome. Elderly people can come visit and snuggle the little babies, making sure that the babies get lots of touch, rocking, etc. while they wait to be adopted by forever families.

I fantasize about this a lot. It really would be a dream come true. Unfortunately, most days I barely have the energy to get from the bed to the sofa. It just makes me happy to plan it out in my head.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
But who knows one day
I should start a thread about that ,I would love to hear from people who foster.

Hey, we cross posted!

DD does not want to have children. She says when she gets older she will foster at risk teens.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:14 pm
Work with smallpox virus in a lab. Only for the good guys of course.

Fox

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:28 pm
Write romance novels.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:44 pm
Be a well known blogger.
Write a best seller
Open a seminary.

I already do some ghostwriting and blogging on the side. So maybe one day it will happen. People always tell me to write a book.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 2:49 pm
aricelli wrote:
Open a childrens therapy center in brooklyn like the one I saw in Colorado: where the therapy is child-led and playful, the parents are welcomed in and encouraged to join, beautiful equipment....and for sure no therapists on cel- phones!
No money, no degree

Can you share the name of the therapy center in Colorado? Thanks!

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
But who knows one day

I also dream of this.

aricelli

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:12 pm
Anonymrs:
Its a sensory based center, I wasnt clear. Star Center run by Lucy Jane Miller who was “talmidah” of Jean Ayres... its something we dont have here, with all due respect to the wonderful therapists here in Brooklyn
The closest I’ve gotten to replicating this experience is working with therapists trained in floortime: an lcsw and a PT

Aylat

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
Another lighter post.

What's something you've always wanted to do but aren't sure if you will be able to?

For me, I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. We always camped and day-hiked as kids but I've never gone backpacking. DH likes hiking but hates bugs. We don't have kids yet (fertility issues on my end Banging head ), so why not? I want to hike all 2,200 miles of the Appalachian trail. There, I said it.

That sounds so cool! I've dreamed for ages of doing the West Highland Way, but that's small beer compared to the Appalachian trail.

Aylat

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:27 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Wow soooo many. Some are more practical, some less so, but I hope/wish/aim to accomplish at least most of them at some point in my life.

Learn to fence.

Write a bestseller.

Backpack around the world.

Learn to play the harp.

Take a Great American Road Trip.

Find an excuse to dress up like a bow and arrow wielding elf.

Open a Jewish library that’s as big as a public library, with programs and cute children’s play/reading area, etc.

Get a horse and learn to ride it.

Serve on jury. (I know, I know, most people try getting out of it... go figure)

For maximum effect, I just have to imagine doing a few at once. Imagine myself dressed up in a medieval princess dress, racing through the mountains of Peru on my majestic steed, my sword drawn... oh gosh, it gives me chills. But that’s probably not gonna happen.

Love these Ravenclaw! You know, there are things like fandom conventions and medieval fairs where people dress up and role play. You could see if there's an event in your area and try it out!

Aylat

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:28 pm
I want to get a PhD. My husband is an MD and we always say one day we'll be Dr and Dr. Meanwhile, I've stalled on my Master's and don't know if I'll ever finish it.

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:36 pm
Attaining fame and fortune (by honest means, so I can sleep at night) and the Herculean strength to stay nice, helpful, and compassionate, with absolutely no social climbing, despite the fame and fortune.

Its existent but very rare.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:40 pm
amother wrote:
But who knows one day

I've done this. The need is GREAT. Whomever can should be in touch with Ohel (NY)
It is such an incredible chessed!

youngishbear

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 3:58 pm
To read every book ever published, starting from our holy seforim and including every English book ever written.

To write some books, too.

To get a PHD.

To remember all the lyrics to songs I like.

To be able to sing well.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:07 pm
to star in a frum women production. I always wanted to do that and for many reasons it didnt happen.
to have more style and to know what clothes to get to make me look good

giselle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:13 pm
Eat whatever I want and not gain weight.

Lesia

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:49 pm
amother wrote:
Another lighter post.

What's something you've always wanted to do but aren't sure if you will be able to?

For me, I want to hike the Appalachian Trail. We always camped and day-hiked as kids but I've never gone backpacking. DH likes hiking but hates bugs. We don't have kids yet (fertility issues on my end Banging head ), so why not? I want to hike all 2,200 miles of the Appalachian trail. There, I said it.

Me too. But I don’t like to backpack so I have to be content with section hiking. And distance walking as a substitute.

levlongnprosper

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:55 pm
giselle wrote:
Eat whatever I want and not gain weight.

I feel this so hard. Eat everything and not gain weight or have an allergic reaction or whatever. Also for free.

I want to have a hobby farm with goats and chickens and a big vegetable patch and some fruit trees and a big, big herb garden.

Study herbalism or massage and go into business for myself as a wellness coach or provider of sorts OR retrain in a health field that doesn't involve needles haha

Write a novel and a memoir and several cookbooks that earn enough to live off of.

Retire early!!!!!

Foster children

Speak 10 languages

Own and operate a small bed & breakfast, hostel, and/or retreat center.

Plan a big, well-received conference/retreat focussing on self development, introspection, and personal growth.

Have a career as a public speaker.

Move OOT with DH.

Own land, area and acres of it in a beautiful wooded, partially cleared area with water rights, River/stream/lake access, and more.

Master a great gluten free kugel recipe.

Solve some massive world problem like hunger or peace or something.

Obviously some of these are more likely than others LOL

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:00 pm
Just saw this and thought it’s a great chance for all of you who said you want to live on a farm
https://macherusa.com/jewish-j.....n%3d1
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics