Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Defrosting frozen cholent

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 12:04 pm
I made a big cholent last shabbos and we ended up not eating it because my DH had a stomach virus and I'm pregnant and can't stomach it. I didn't want to dump it so I froze the whole cholent in a 9x13. Any ideas how to defrost it and reheat so I can use it for this shabbos?

TIA

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:19 pm
Put in fridge right now. If you have a blech, put it on the blech early tomorrow and stir
It every so often as it softens. Once it softens, you can transfer to crockpot or saucepan. Next time, don’t freeze in a big flat pan; use several small pans or a freezer container of a size and shape that lets you push out the still-frozen contents into a saucepan for heating. Or plan ahead and thaw in fridge for a day or three, depending on volume and freezer and fridge temps.

renslet

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:22 pm
I did that once, my kids love cholent they will literally eat the leftovers all week. But nobody ate the defrosted and then reheated cholent. I'm not sure, maybe it comes out different
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen