Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Time Sensitive Best Place To Get Glasses in Brooklyn

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:57 pm
I have a very high Prescription
Need to get high index
Also my face is very petite.
What’s the best place
The complete pair with glass and everything no more than $200

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:08 pm
Diamond Vision will find the absolute best frame for your face. But the lenses will make the cost more than you quoted.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:44 pm
Eyeglasses 99 on coney island ave between I and J (closer to J). Will fill your request, and likely for less.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:50 pm
We had a great experience with MS Optical on 16'th Ave., great service, custom fitting, very accommodating, well priced.
I travel in to Brooklyn especially for their service and good fit for my special needs little one!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:04 pm
Try Minzer's. You'll have to look them up. I don't have the number. I'm sorry.
When I lived in the city, I used them. They make the glasses on the spot and for a quarter of the price you'll pay elsewhere.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:12 pm
With glasses, cheap isn’t usually good

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:36 pm
amother wrote:
Try Minzer's. You'll have to look them up. I don't have the number. I'm sorry.
When I lived in the city, I used them. They make the glasses on the spot and for a quarter of the price you'll pay elsewhere.

Yes I went to minzers today, but couldn’t find a frame I liked. The frames I did like they wouldn’t do them in my prescription.

The thing is that since I have a petite face all the frames are too large.
Also the smaller the frame the thinner the glass
My prescription is -13.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:42 pm
amother wrote:
With glasses, cheap isn’t usually good

Is $200 considered too cheap

sequoia

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:

My prescription is -13.

This is my situation exactly. Also looking for frames. It’s so hard to find the right ones, especially with such hideous styles popular nowadays. I’ve looked in optics stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Kiev, and Lviv, and I couldn’t find anything that fit my face properly.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:52 pm
sequoia wrote:
This is my situation exactly. Also looking for frames. It’s so hard to find the right ones, especially with such hideous styles popular nowadays. I’ve looked in optics stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Kiev, and Lviv, and I couldn’t find anything that fit my face properly.

If you're willing to spend, Diamond Vision has won awards for finding best fit. When our tiny 3 year old needed glasses we went all over and nothing fit. He gave us perfect frames. He does a great job picking out glasses for me too.

sweetart

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:55 pm
Another vote for Diamond Vision. He literally looks at your face and can pick out a few frames to choose from that are all a good fit. Caveat is he is pricey.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:17 pm
[quote="sweetart"]Another vote for Diamond Vision. He literally looks at your face and can pick out a few frames to choose from that are all a good fit. Caveat is he is pricey.[/quot

Just called the lenses alone will be $350.

newmother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I went to minzers today, but couldn’t find a frame I liked. The frames I did like they wouldn’t do them in my prescription.

My prescription is -13.

I have the same issue with a small petite face. I recently got glasses by Minzers, they had a section of women's glasses right next to the counter that had a bunch of smaller frames that I only noticed after being there for a while.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:33 pm
DH got glasses at diamond vision for 600 bux. Never saw such numbers in my life. Nothing complicated with his prescription.

They're good. But pricey.
If you're looking for better prices- I'm sure there are places that do a great job
For less.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 12:36 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Eyeglasses 99 on coney island ave between I and J (closer to J). Will fill your request, and likely for less.

Thanks this was the best advice
I got a pair $180, small like I like it.
They have a great selection and great prices

shanie5

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks this was the best advice
I got a pair $180, small like I like it.
They have a great selection and great prices

I'm glad! I travel 2.5 hours with my kids to get glasses from him. It's a great savings and worth the trip!

preempservices

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:49 pm
amother wrote:
We had a great experience with MS Optical on 16'th Ave., great service, custom fitting, very accommodating, well priced.
I travel in to Brooklyn especially for their service and good fit for my special needs little one!

Ditto Ditto!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries