Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Silver Spoon cookbook

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 2:06 pm
does anyone have the Silver Spoon cookbook? Is it worth buying?

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 3:23 pm
yes, yes, yes

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 4:03 pm
what about the new cookbook 'dinning in'?

Momof2kiddies

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 4:31 pm
I just bought Dining In and it looks incredible! I am very excited!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 4:36 pm
thanx
I wanna buy a new cookbook but dunno which one I should buy, the heimish kitchen, balabusta choice or dinning in..(have silver spoon already...)
any advice?

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 4:40 pm
Momof2kiddies wrote:
I just bought Dining In and it looks incredible! I am very excited!
what do you like about it?

Momof2kiddies

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 6:42 pm
500 recipes...most look pretty uncomplicated with normal ingredients and they sound so good I don't even know where to begin trying them out. To the amother who has Silver Spoon- I was looking at that one too, are u happy with it? Anyone have Kosher Palette II?

theweddingplaner

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 7:47 pm
I have the new cook bbook Quick and Kosher Recipes from the bride who knew nothing by jamie geller it really nice cook book worth buying

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 8:04 pm
I have Kosher Palette 2, nothing special. I've made so far only one or two things from it, not much appeals from it. Maybe as I try other recipes I'll like it more.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 8:39 pm
Silver Spoon is the best cookbook I ever had. I use it all the time.

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 8:45 pm
What sort of a cookbook is it? Quick and simple, large quantities, fancy, unusual ingredients? I never heard of it before and I do love cookbooks.
Thanks

farmom

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 10:51 pm
I just bought Silver Spoon due to someone's recommendation here and I'm really happy with it.

The recipes are not too complicated but come out nice, and they tell you how to set the food up, so it's good for presentation (although there are really few pictures). The ingredients are mostly simple.

loveit

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 2:19 am
I have kosher palette II and I love it, I actually use it more than the first one. I also have dining in and I really like it, I think it's better than the balabusta book, which I haven't amde anything from yet, it just desn't seem as interesting to me. I also just got quick and kosher (cookbooks are a bad habt of mine, at least I do use them though!) and I'm not too impressed. I think it's great for someone just learning how to cook like a kallah, but other than that some of the recipes are not really recipes, although to be honest there are a few that look good, but we'll see if I end up using it.

EBC

Post Sun, Dec 23 2007, 4:20 pm
I just got the silver spoon cookbook. what are some good tried and true recipes?

MOM222

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 2:41 pm
try page 16

loveshoes

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Silver Spoon is the best cookbook I ever had. I use it all the time.

What recipes do you recommend from this cookbook?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 11 2010, 7:15 pm
I really did not like the Silver Spoon cookbook, and so I gave it away.
There is one recipe in there that I really like though. The grilled chicken salad.
Btw, the person I gave the cookbook to absolutely loves it. It's really not my style though.

risa

Post Sun, Jan 17 2010, 9:24 pm
I'm looking for one recipe from the Silver Spoon cookbook. Some sort of lemon frozen (pie?) dessert. I had it for shabbos at someone's house, a long time ago, in a different city. Is anyone willing to post that recipe from the book?

loveshoes

Post Mon, Jan 18 2010, 7:57 am
risa wrote:
I'm looking for one recipe from the Silver Spoon cookbook. Some sort of lemon frozen (pie?) dessert. I had it for shabbos at someone's house, a long time ago, in a different city. Is anyone willing to post that recipe from the book?

I think this is it. I have never made it. Is is worth trying??

Lemon PIe Mousse
1 stick margarine
3 T. sugar
1 cup flour

3 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
2 T. lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 10 oz non dairy whip topping (beaten)

Mix together margarine, sugar and flour. Bake 2/3 of dough in a 10 inch springform pan or in a Pyrex glass dish (2 1/2 inch high) for 20 minutes of 350. Bake the rest as a flat disk on baking paper and use for crumbs on top. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Add sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice. Add the beaten whip and mix together. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Freeze.

ef

Post Sat, Jun 12 2010, 7:36 pm
extremely happy with silver spoon. the salads and desserts are great. actually most of the recipes I have tried were a hit! not many pictures though. if u enjoy the recipes in the mishpacha, u shud enjoy this cookbook (both by L Shapira)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics