Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais dovid
1  2  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:13 pm
looking into this school for a new move. we didnt get into bais mikroh so this is the other option- we are yeshivish litvish. can you tell me about the school policies?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:18 pm
What specifics do you want to know?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:21 pm
Go ask the senior Rabbi Bodenheimer guide you into which school he thinks is correct for you. He will help you.

I sent to Bais Mikroh. I wouldn't have considered bais dovid an alternate.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
Go ask the senior Rabbi Bodenheimer guide you into which school he thinks is correct for you. He will help you.

I sent to Bais Mikroh. I wouldn't have considered bais dovid an alternate.

Many yeshivish people start off in Bais Dovid from K- kitah daled and then switch their kids to Bais Mikroh.
Bais Dovid is very Chasidish geshtimt when it comes to certain things . Also I bet the secular studies dept is on at least a better level in Bais Mikroh even though it's not great either.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:04 pm
Bais Dovid is pretty chassidish. It's not really a comprison to Bais Bais Mikroh. Have you looked into Degel Hatorah?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:06 pm
I send to bais mikroh. Bais dovid is more chassidish. I would never have considered bais dovid.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Many yeshivish people start off in Bais Dovid from K- kitah daled and then switch their kids to Bais Mikroh.
Bais Dovid is very Chasidish geshtimt when it comes to certain things . Also I bet the secular studies dept is on at least a better level in Bais Mikroh even though it's not great either.

Bais Mikroh has the best secular studies department even better than YSV.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
Bais Mikroh has the best secular studies department even better than YSV.

I am super happy with the education my son is getting there. I am not particularly yeshivish and we love the school.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:34 pm
Quote:

I am super happy with the education my son is getting there. I am not particularly yeshivish and we love the school.

What grade is your oldest in? I wouldn't say that about the secular studies department if you havent sent kids past 4th or maybe 5th grade.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

What grade is your oldest in? I wouldn't say that about the secular studies department if you havent sent kids past 4th or maybe 5th grade.

I say it as a boys English HS teacher.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:36 pm
Bais Dovid definitely has lots of yeshivish boys . The last few years it has become even more yeshivish than before. One of my sons has a majority of yeshivish kids in his class. The rebbeim are all Chasidish and so are the menahelim. They are a Yiddish speaking school and teitch in Yiddish .
Mothers are not allowed to wear pony sheitels, and they expect mothers to follow tznius based on Rabbi Falks defer. They do mention in their rule book that for kavod hatorah a mother should not wear a snood into the school building . They have internet rules based on the Vaad Haishur which only Chasidish schools are affiliated .
Boys can only wear shirts with collars , no light colored shoes, no words on clothing.
The menahel in the older grades walks around and measures yarmulkas and makes the boys get new ones if he feels they are too small.

esuss

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:42 pm
You may want to look into the Cheder or its new affiliate that is just being opened by Rabbi Eisgrau. Look into Degel also.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:58 pm
does bais dovid hit kids?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:

My DS said that sometimes rebbeim hit but my other DS said that it's not true. My kids themselves have never been hit. But the boys hit each other and hurt each other and nobody seems to stop .

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:

I have a neighbor that complained constantly that he was scared of his rebbe. His rebbe threw things across the room and out the window. Another neighbor admitted that her son's get petch in yeshiva, and she seemed ok with it Crying

I know someone that walked into the building for an interview. He saw an adult hit a child. He walked right out and sent his kid elsewhere.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:10 pm
Quote:
I say it as a boys English HS teacher.

You are woman teaching in a boys high school in Monsey that Bais Mikroh boys attend? Now you've got me curious.
I asked that because my experience is that it's a good education up until 5th grade and then it goes downhill. You teach high school boys and find that YBM boys have a good education?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:11 pm
No way does a women teach boys HS in Bais Dovid!!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
I have a neighbor that complained constantly that he was scared of his rebbe. His rebbe threw things across the room and out the window. Another neighbor admitted that her son's get petch in yeshiva, and she seemed ok with it Crying

I know someone that walked into the building for an interview. He saw an adult hit a child. He walked right out and sent his kid elsewhere.

what does petch mean? like across the face by the rebbe in a classroom?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:

Was this recent or many years ago? They definitely have changed over the years . They layed off a Rebbe this past June who was there for 30 years because of his angry and old school approach.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 5:48 pm
amother wrote:
what does petch mean? like across the face by the rebbe in a classroom?

DH went there- he was hit on his face, behind, and everything in between Can't Believe It
That said, overall he still thinks it was a great chinuch with a Yiddishe Taam, albeit old school..

But this was years ago, from what I’ve heard they have cracked down on the hitting in recent years. But I think it’s still a relatively old school atmosphere- for some that’s specifically why they go there, for others it’s a reason to avoid. Really depends on your background and what you’re looking for..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics