Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Which alcoholic beverages do you like and why?
1  2  Next

crust

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:31 am
Not only on Purim. I'm curious what people like to drink and why. I never dared anything more than 1/2 cup of 15% Cabernet.

I wonder if there's anything better out there that I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

Last edited by crust on Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:32 am
DH drinks wine & bourbon every shabbos.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 12:35 am
amother wrote:
DH drinks wine & bourbon every shabbos.

You. Not your husband. Smile

But you're right. I'm asking what alcoholic beverage you drink. Not limited to wine Liquer or Vodka so I'm going to change my OP.
Thanks!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:02 am
I like a really good Cabernet.
Of course I also could drink half a bottle of moscato Wink
I love mixed drinks. I’ll order a cocktail whenever we’re at a nice restaurant or wedding. My husband recently found mojito in a bottle. It’s all mixed already and you just pour over ice. I’ve been enjoying it a lot!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:04 am
I like Bartenura blue (moscato).

I don't mind other sweet light wines, but don't really enjoy a heavy alcohol taste.

When I was a teen I tried vodka and strong wines, but enjoyed it more for the buzz and despised the taste. I am now more mature!

My mother really enjoys good quality chocolate liqueur, but not my speed.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:14 am
Chocolate or coffee flavored liquor...
Yummm!

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:39 am
I like a good wine or a bottle of beer.
I don't love Scotch or Bourbon but will drink it sometimes.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:40 am
None. Alcoholic beverages taste like medicine. I've tried apricot sours and piña coladas but just can't get used to the alcohol taste. I drink grape juice for kiddush. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you wanted to see.

smss

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 1:53 am
Love fizzy soda wine like Bartenura. Cranberry juice/orange juice with vodka. White Russians. Coffee liqueur.
(I don't really drink very often, mostly when we're visiting my parents, but I enjoy all of the above!)

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 3:29 am
crust wrote:
Not only on Purim. I'm curious what people like to drink and why. I never dared anything more than 1/2 cup of 15% Cabernet.

I wonder if there's anything better out there that I'm not aware of.

Thanks!

I love to drink. I've never gotten really drunk, because I'm too scared to. Because I know my limits, it disappoints me when I have to stop drinking, because I love the taste!

I love most cocktails. I like the sour ones more, though. Margaritas, whiskey sours, pomegranate martinis. I LOVE passion fruit. I don't love anything too sweet, or too minty. Those taste like medicine to me. So I don't love mojitos or pina coladas, or drinks with rum. I could do with strawberry daquiris.

I also could drink nearly an entire bottle of bartenura! I love it!

byisrael

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:08 am
good whiskey, scotch, bourbon
any dry wine- can't abide sweet or semi- sweet
I like sour cocktails as well.....

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:18 am
I love champagne. Recently, DH found cheap champagnes that taste good, and I don't feel bad leaving it over.

I love bellinis - champagne and fresh peach juice.

simba

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 6:37 am
I can drink a glass of dry red with dinner. I don’t every night but if/when I am eating in a restaurant I usually order a glass. Sometimes dh and I will pour a glass at home.

I also enjoy a nice Rose, late harvest or some of the nicer dessert wines. There’s s a new one by Dalton called Anna that is worth a try.

I don’t mind a sweet cocktail. Vodka and juice or sprite.. I’m a kid like that.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:09 am
Smirnoff Ice. Red's. Castille Rouge. They're like soda.

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:24 am
Any good wine besides sweet red (because it’s not good Wink). A select few very good bourbons. Tequila, esp anejo. I dislike vodka but can handle in mixed drinks. I like most mixed drinks.

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:32 am
Single malt scotch. I love the peaty stuff, that has a long finish, but I can't drink too much of it at once, it gives me a headache after a while. And I never shoot my scotch, I nurse it over a while... Unless I'm the designated driver at a wedding that I get there early enough to have a shot then I eat the meal and don't touch anymore alcohol for the next five or six hours till I go.

Also, I love vodka martini (although I admit it it's Gin don't notice the difference) and I have also created a "dirty vodka shot" when I don't want an entire martini. The Dirty Vodka Shot is a shot glass, filled with olives, about a spoon of olive juice and then pour cold vodka over it. The flavor the vodka gives the olives is yum and then the remaining vodka had an interesting olive flavor.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 7:39 am
Dessert wines. Appletini. Rum and Coke. Now I’m nursing so nothing too strong for me...

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:06 am
I'm not a fan of alcohol. I use it more in cooking and baking than as a drink.
I like the Bartenura Moscato wine in the blue bottle also known as "lady's wine"

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:12 am
Everything, lol. I like wines, and I don't have a preference for dry VS semi sweet VS sweet, it depends on what I'm pairing with it. I do like a good whiskey. I don't like vodka straight up, but I like it mixed with juice, particularly cranberry. I like some beers. Hard cider is really good, and an excellent replacement for beer during the chodosh season (for those who hold of yoshon).

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 20 2019, 8:14 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I'm not a fan of alcohol. I use it more in cooking and baking than as a drink.
I like the Bartenura Moscato wine in the blue bottle also known as "lady's wine"

Or as I call it, “soda” Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics