Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Trip to Israel - Where to stay in the north

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 10:48 pm
I'm planning a family trip to Israel this summer and am looking for a vacation rental somewhere in the north for a shabbos and a couple of days before and after to base ourselves for trips around the Galil and Golan. We'd like a nice relaxing setting for shabbos and easy access to minyanim and mehadrin food. I've found vacation rentals in Yavne'el and Tzfat that look interesting - any pros/cons of one vs the other? Anyone have other places to suggest?

headabovewater

Post Sun, Mar 24 2019, 11:57 pm
Kibbutz Lavi

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:15 am
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/......html

I know nothing about it except that it exists! Enjoy researching!

2gether

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:19 am
Look into Tiberias too
they have hotels/rooms to rent and attractions

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:21 am
There are hundreds of zimmers in the Galili and Golan. Tzfat may be cooler than Yavne, so you may want to consider that. Both are excellent bases for hiking, exploring.

2gether

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 4:28 am
also if you're not renting a car only stay somewhere where there is public transportation

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 5:21 am
2gether wrote:
also if you're not renting a car only stay somewhere where there is public transportation

If you are going hiking in the Golan, I highly recommend that you rent a car, even if you are staying somewhere with decent public transportation. Hiking trails tend not to be close to public bus stops. And in the summer, you don't want to be waiting at a hot dusty bus stop for an hour in the midday sun.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:37 am
Thanks for the replies! We will be renting a car for our trip. Kibbutz Lavi would be ideal but it is significantly more expensive than the other options. If Tzfas is not as hot as Yavne then I’ll probably focus my search for a rental there.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 7:45 am
Check out Keshet Yehonatan. It's an upgraded youth hostel. They serve mehadrin meals. Have nice family rooms (more like apartments). They have activities on premises during summer vacation and can recommend tiyulim in the area.

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:43 am
Kibbutz Lavi is a hotel (as far as I know), not a vacation rental. It is quite pricey compared to a self-catering apartment or zimmer.

You could also look for an airbnb-type apartment. Check VRBO.com or similar sites. You can cook your own food or find a take-away place.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 8:53 am
DrMom wrote:
Kibbutz Lavi is a hotel (as far as I know), not a vacation rental. It is quite pricey compared to a self-catering apartment or zimmer.

That's why Kibbutz Lavi would have been ideal, like a vacation on my vacation Smile Our plan is to rent a place, stock up on groceries for breakfast and lunch, and takeout/restaurants for dinners and shabbos.

Any opinions on staying in the Galil for shabbos and then moving up to a place in the Golan for two nights? Not sure how to weigh the packing out/settling in of a family twice vs. shorter driving distances for trips in the Golan.

cbg

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:09 am
The Kinar Galilee
Had the best time
In the summer they have different entertainment
Shabbat food excellent

trixx

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:33 am
Stay in tzfat if you can, Shabbos there is like nothing else

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 9:46 am
amother wrote:
That's why Kibbutz Lavi would have been ideal, like a vacation on my vacation Smile Our plan is to rent a place, stock up on groceries for breakfast and lunch, and takeout/restaurants for dinners and shabbos.

Any opinions on staying in the Galil for shabbos and then moving up to a place in the Golan for two nights? Not sure how to weigh the packing out/settling in of a family twice vs. shorter driving distances for trips in the Golan.

I would just pick a place reasonably centrally located and use that as a base.

In summer, it's hot everywhere in Israel, but the area around the Kinneret is particularly hot and muggy. Just keep that in mind.

For example:
Yavniel Aug temp = 95F
Tiberias Aug temp = 96F
Beit Shean Aug temp = 97F
Tzfat Aug temp = 85F
Katzrin Aug temp = 81F

You can check this on Google of any other weather site.

doctorima

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 10:34 am
When we last visited the North (midweek), we rented a very affordable apartment in the heart of the Old City of Tzfas and loved it. The location was so authentic, and also central to everywhere we wanted to go - easy to explore Tzfas, and also a great base for the Golan region.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 25 2019, 12:51 pm
Thanks so much DrMom, you made my decision much easier! I hadn't thought about the difference in temperature. Tzfas is a much better option then for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics