Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Age Inappropriate Bathroom Assistance (TMI)
Previous  1  2  3

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 9:37 pm
This will only help for when you're home: Get a bidet! It's so easy to use, my 5 year old can do it herself. I have 2, a fancy electric one with warm water that we can't use on Shabbos, and a simple $30 one with only cold water that we can use on Shabbos, in another bathroom. I cannot understand why bidets are so uncommon in America!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:02 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
This will only help for when you're home: Get a bidet! It's so easy to use, my 5 year old can do it herself. I have 2, a fancy electric one with warm water that we can't use on Shabbos, and a simple $30 one with only cold water that we can use on Shabbos, in another bathroom. I cannot understand why bidets are so uncommon in America!

Lol I can just imagine the water flying everywhere! I would not at all encourage my kids that age to use that, but I have them use wipes. It works

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 10:08 pm
Wipes is a big lifesaver for my sensory son I taught him to flush after 2 used wipes and it works well .

justforfun87

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:19 am
...and to add to everyone else. My 7 year old helps himself but not very well!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:28 am
My dd is 8 and in the beginning of the year I decided enough was enough I was done wiping her it was a pain and just inappropriate. I showed her many times how to do it with flushable wipes and after that when she called me I just said no can do and let her wait it out. Also helpful maybe explain anatomy to him, my daughter had this idea that making a large bowel movement somehow meant she was dirtier. I would explain that there’s just one little hole to wipe every time regardless of the quantity dumped. Helps him know what he’s doing back there as he can’t see. Not such a big deal but definitely time to get him independent...

shirasingsalot

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:52 pm
In my house, we keep wipes next to the toilet so it is easier for them to learn to wipe themselves. You can offer to double check for awhile, but I definitely think it is time for your child to take the next step by himself.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children