Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara for Chol Hamoed
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:09 pm
We’re considering going this year. Which hotels on the Canadian side usually have minyanim? Is it worth paying more for a falls view room? What were your favorite kid-friendly things to do?

Thanks!

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:11 pm
Do everything through Chabad Niagara in canada

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:22 pm
There are lots of minyanim in chabad which is close to most hotels. You can book your hotel through chabad, they'll give you all the info you need to know.

shanarishona

Post Sat, Mar 30 2019, 11:32 pm
There’s a website. Google Chabad Niagara chol hamoed pesach

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:09 am
Thanks everyone. I know about the Chabad website and activities. We’re not looking to spend a ton so probably won’t do those. DH is looking for non-Chabad minyanim if possible (nothing against Chabad). I heard there are a lot of Chassidim there Chol Hamoed and they make their own minyanim at the hotels?

Also just wondering what people’s opinions are about spending extra for a falls view room - worth it?

And would appreciate any tips about cheap kid-friendly activities. Thanks!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:25 am
Not sure why your not listening to sound advice. Chabad is there to help. Most attractions are cheaper through them.
The organized minyanim are all through Chabad. I can’t even imagine why someone would make a comment that they specifically don’t want a Chabad minyan. I’m not Chabad and it’s off putting even to me.
The minyanim of chassidish people that your talking about is just when randomly people see a group and they throw a minyan together.
Do you think that’s preferable then the Chabad minyanim?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:36 am
Most people, including chassidim , that go to Niagara chol hamoed daven at chabad. There's no proper shul at any hotel.

Gerbera

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 3:32 am
There is nothing cheap in Niagara Falls except viewing the Falls for free! That whole area is a tourist trap and worthwhile using Chabad for any discounted rates they are offering. Yes, I'd say it's worthwhile getting a Falls view room.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:34 am
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone. I know about the Chabad website and activities. We’re not looking to spend a ton so probably won’t do those. DH is looking for non-Chabad minyanim if possible (nothing against Chabad). I heard there are a lot of Chassidim there Chol Hamoed and they make their own minyanim at the hotels?

Also just wondering what people’s opinions are about spending extra for a falls view room - worth it?

Chabad is there to help they are not more expensive they maybe don’t give you the trashy hotels. The chassidish people go to chabad minyan no one makes there own. Whoever I know that went did it through chabad website and were really happy with all the advice they don’t sell you something you don’t want they are very honest

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 8:49 am
amother wrote:

I went two summers ago with my husband and three little kids. Falls view room was 100% worth every penny.
We did the stuff on the falls and also safari Niagara which was amazing.

1untamedgirl

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 9:35 am
There are some Pesach programs but not sure which side its on. You would need to research it yourself and see if it works for you--

https://www.upscale-getaways.com/niagara

https://pesachvacations.com/

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:42 pm
Which Hilton places are best for Chol Hamoed?

Are any of the above mentioned discounts and tips helpful if using Hilton points for the hotel?

If someone comes from Lakewood, wouldnt they want to be on the US side (dont have to bring passports)?

always.happy

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:51 pm
For tickets for attractions you can still buy through chabad of Niagara, will be cheaper.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:05 pm
If you don't have passports, you won't be able to cross into Canada, but that's where the minyan is, as well as many of the most popular attractions. Kids don't need passports, only an original birth certificate. If booking with Hilton points, the Embassy Suites Fallsview (on Canada side) is probably the nicest. Chabad discount only helps with paid bookings, not award.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:15 pm
Can one drive to Canada with an expired passport?

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:49 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Can one drive to Canada with an expired passport?

No

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:09 pm
doctorima wrote:
If booking with Hilton points, the Embassy Suites Fallsview (on Canada side) is probably the nicest.

Ive never been there, so Im not familiar with the area at all.

How about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, 10 Flint Rd, Amherst, NY 14226. Its close to the Marriott Pesach program (with Rabbi Krohn, etc). Its 1/2 hour drive from the falls, I think.

Whats the advantage of being on Canadian side?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:13 pm
Stillnewlywed, I looked it up. You don't need a passport. Drivers license is enough.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:19 pm
BUMP

Ive never been there, so Im not familiar with the area at all.

How about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Buffalo - Amherst, 10 Flint Rd, Amherst, NY 14226. Its close to the Marriott Pesach program (with Rabbi Krohn, etc). Its 1/2 hour drive from the falls, I think.

Whats the advantage of being on Canadian side? What can you do and see on the Canada side that you cant do or see on the NY side?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:21 pm
Most interesting attractions are on the Canadian side and the falls are nicer. For kids you need a birth certificate and adults a valid ID with birth certificate.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics