Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara for Chol Hamoed
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:33 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Can one drive to Canada with an expired passport?

Yes you can I did it last year and didn't have any issue at all.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:34 pm
Stillnewlywed, I looked it up. You don't need a passport. Drivers license is enough.

Drivers license is NOT enough unless it is enhanced.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:36 pm
Stillnewlywed, I looked it up. You don't need a passport. Drivers license is enough.

https://travel.stackexchange.c.....sport

Sometimes they let people through, but don't bank on it.
Also getting back into the US is harder.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:36 pm
Amother sienna, did you have an issue getting back into the US with an expired passport?
And what is an enhanced license?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:39 pm
I've been traveling back and forth from Canada to the US with an expired passport for more than a year. I probably crossed the border more than ten times and never had a problem.
I do have dual citizenship, I don't know if that matters.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:42 pm
Amother sienna, did you have an issue getting back into the US with an expired passport?
And what is an enhanced license?

Dh passport was expired. We had zero issue at all crossing both directions. I called a passport place when I realized it was expired before I left and they told me that there was no issue with it.
Enhanced license is a license that costs more and can be used in certain places instead of a passport.

ETA. He is a US citizen not dual.

from dmv website.
Al
What is an enhanced driver license (EDL)?
An enhanced license (permit, or non-driver ID) is a New York State DMV issued document that you can use instead of a passport to return to the US by land or sea from Canada, Mexico and some countries in the Caribbean. New York's EDL is compliant with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). 1 It is not acceptable for air travel between these countries. We recommend you contact your travel agent, your cruise line or the specific countries of destination to verify your travel document requirements. An enhanced license, permit or non-driver ID is Federal REAL ID compliant and is accepted to board a domestic flight (within the US), enter military bases, and certain federal facilities.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:47 pm
You may well be able to get into Canada with an expired passport or even a driver's license and birth certificate, but you may not. It all depends on the mood of the agent you get that day. I'm not the type that feels comfortable risking an entire trip on something that's out of my control like that, so I would only go if I had the proper documentation, which means valid passport for an adult and original birth certificate for kids. Also, even if you get in, you may have problems getting back into the US.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 2:49 pm
Amother brunette - you can stay in Buffalo, but every trip to the falls - which is the reason you came - will take 30+ minutes, plus border crossing times, which can be long at peak hours. Compare that to being in a fallsview room where you can literally see the falls out your window.

If you can afford it and have the documentation to get into Canada, you will have a MUCH better visit staying on the Canadian side of the falls. The US side is somewhat run-down and not nearly as pleasant to visit.

You can do Maid of the Mist from the US side, and Cave of the Winds if it's open, but all the other fun stuff to do is all on the Canadian side, and that's where all the other frum visitors will be staying for a reason.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:22 pm
Has anyone tried calling the Pesach program at the Marriott to see if theyd allow people in for a supper, and if yes what they charge per person?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:35 pm
What’s the weather in Niagara this time of year? Was thinking of going but someone told me it’s too cold.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 5:46 pm
https://weather.com/weather/te.....:1:CA

50s and rainy. Not that great.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:52 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/CAXX0321:1:CA

50s and rainy. Not that great.

Thanks! Last year we did Washington, and the weather wasn’t nice. Felt like it was a waste.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 6:54 pm
we almost went last year. When we looked up the weather and saw that it was going to be cold we decided not to go. We decided to go to ocean City Maryland instead.

this year it's a whole month later than last year so the weather will probably be better than it was last year.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 7:27 pm
In April it's usually still chilly and rainy in Niagara.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:24 pm
Niagara is great even when it’s not so warm. Most attractions are indoors and we love the falls any weather.
Chabad sells meals as well, why would you need to go to the Pesach program. Just by from them. Rabbi Saltzman is a tzaddik and is totally lshem shamayim. You can trust him.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:35 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Niagara is great even when it’s not so warm. Most attractions are indoors and we love the falls any weather.
Chava’s sells meals as well, why would you need to go to the Pesach program. Just by from them. Rabbi Saltzman is a tzaddik and is totally lshem shamayim. You can trust him.

THIS.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 8:43 pm
We went last year when it was cold and still had a fabulous time. I highly recommend it!

It's for sure worth to pay for a fallsview room. The serenity of waking up and looking out your window at the falls is one of a kind.

Most activities are expensive. I think Fun zone had pretty cheap options like arcade games and hockey.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:29 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Chabad sells meals as well, why would you need to go to the Pesach program. Just by from them. Rabbi Saltzman is a tzaddik and is totally lshem shamayim. You can trust him.

I think I checked earlier and a supper is $40 a person, thats $240 for a family of 6, how much more can the hotel be, if they let people in for supper?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:31 pm
If a pesach program at a hotel let's you come just for dinner, I'm 99% sure it'll cost you way more than $40 a person.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 9:32 pm
You eat the Chabad meals in the Shul or you take it and eat elsewhere?
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics