Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara for Chol Hamoed
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:57 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
You are making a lot of assumptions Scratching Head Are all Canadians this rude or only those who post under amother? Can't Believe It

What did I assume?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 10:58 pm
If the policy is that whoever wants to enter the dinning room has to have a ticket, why is it barbaric not to let in without a ticket???? I'm appalled by this attitude! Everyone can come and make up an excuse why they don't have a ticket.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:02 pm
gilamom wrote:
I found a mode of transportation that worked for us and called to book a ticket. Thought that's how it works.... Rolling Eyes

And they were sold out.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:09 pm
If people dont want to spend this kind of money on meals (they may not even like), what are they taking along to eat for (adults)

breakfast

lunch and

suppers,

and if they want to reheat supper how will they reheat?

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:13 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Oh wow. I missed that part. I was going to suggest that two of the kids share an adult meal but it looks like that is not even an option. That is expensive. But the rules are ridiculous that everyone needs a meal ticket, what if someone doesn't want to eat but still wants to sit with his/her family? What if the young kids dont need the full meal as they can just eat a little bit from the parents plate? Can the family get tickets for seating without purchasing a meal?

You mean like when people did that at my breakfast buffet which was $10 a person and paid for three, and EIGHT ate? No. Everyone must have a ticket. People suck.

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:17 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If the policy is that whoever wants to enter the dinning room has to have a ticket, why is it barbaric not to let in without a ticket???? I'm appalled by this attitude! Everyone can come and make up an excuse why they don't have a ticket.

The ticket is for the meal, there is no reason why someone should not be able to sit with his/her family just because s/he can't afford the extra money or is allergic or on restricted diet etc. Anyway, the meal plan is expensive especially for kids when the menu is not even kid friendly so not even sure why anyone would want to waste this much money on food when they are already paying tons to go to Niagara Falls in the first place.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:22 pm
Obviously, the reason why one can't just go into the dinning room to sit with family us because they have been ripped off. Why should they believe anyone that they won't take food?
Many hotels have this policy and I never found it strange. If you don't like, don't go. No one owes you anything.
I don't think these meal prices are expensive at all. It's not their problem that you're spending enough already for attractions. You're welcome to bring your own food, a convenience costs money.
Again, I'm appalled by this attitude.

doctorima

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:23 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
for kids under 12 is a birth certificate enough to cross the border from U.S. to Canada and Canada to the U.S.?

Yes, as long as you're driving. If flying, I believe even kids need a passport. Also, the birth certificate must be an original, not a photocopy.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:25 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
The ticket is for the meal, there is no reason why someone should not be able to sit with his/her family just because s/he can't afford the extra money or is allergic or on restricted diet etc. Anyway, the meal plan is expensive especially for kids when the menu is not even kid friendly so not even sure why anyone would want to waste this much money on food when they are already paying tons to go to Niagara Falls in the first place.

Yeah. The reason is the stealing. He’s sold out? Don’t worry then, he appears to be hosting many people who’ll be very happy. Better take ALL your food. There’s literally nothing available for an hour in either direction that’s klp, chalav yisrael or kosher meat. Or even a can of tuna. Nothing. He has to ship EVERYTHING IN SPECIAL. So don’t forget anything because you won’t be able to get it otherwise.

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:26 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You mean like when people did that at my breakfast buffet which was $10 a person and paid for three, and EIGHT ate? No. Everyone must have a ticket. People suck.

My understanding is that it is not buffet style but actual plated meal plans so not sure how people can take advantage of that. And I've been to restaurants that allows people to share the food without forcing each person to order individually (and some restaurants may add a small fee for sharing food which is fine as well). But to exclude people altogether because they didn't have a ticket for food may be grounds for a lawsuit (but not sure about Canada).

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:29 pm
Amother brunette, we take along on pesach overnights:
Matzo
Hard boiled eggs
Raw eggs
Fruits n veggies
Leben
Yogurt
Cottage cheese
American cheese
Butter
Cheese blintzes
Cheese latkes
Potato latkes
Chicken cutlets
A small George forman
An electric burner
1 pot to make scrambled eggs
1 good knife
2 good forks

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:29 pm
doctorima wrote:
Yes, as long as you're driving. If flying, I believe even kids need a passport. Also, the birth certificate must be an original, not a photocopy.

thank you

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:31 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
My understanding is that it is not buffet style but actual plated meal plans so not sure how people can take advantage of that. And I've been to restaurants that allows people to share the food without forcing each person to order individually (and some restaurants may add a small fee for sharing food which is fine as well). But to exclude people altogether because they didn't have a ticket for food may be grounds for a lawsuit (but not sure about Canada).

After running my restaurant for three years there I understand exactly why it’s done this way. Exactly. And they do a good job. And yes, it’s legal to require tickets to enter a private event. Ever heard of a movie theatre? Oh! No! I’m not going to watch! I’m just going to sit here!

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:32 pm
1untamedgirl, any hotel or restaurant can make any policy they wish. It's absolutely not grunds for a lawsuit. No one is forcing you to eat there. If you don't like the policy, don't go.
Many resteraunts have a policy that you must order for a certain amount. If you can't adhere to the policy, eat elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to their policies.
No one is EXCLUDING you, by not having a ticket you're excluding yourself!

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:34 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
If people dont want to spend this kind of money on meals (they may not even like), what are they taking along to eat for (adults)

breakfast

lunch and

suppers,

and if they want to reheat supper how will they reheat?

You can take canned tuna, sardines, salmon and matzah (and other non-perishable items you can get at your local supermarket) and buy fruit and veggies along the way. (take along a pot with a burner to cook eggs and potatos you can get there as well)

Or you can try calling the Chabad of Buffalo or Young Israel of Buffalo to see if there is Kosher for Pesach food that you can buy in Buffalo--

http://yibuffalo.org/yibuffalo.....p.pdf

https://www.chabadofbuffalo.com/

https://buffalokosher.com/

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:38 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:

The ballroom has capacity for 200 seated guests. He sells 200 meals/seats. End.

This is not a restaurant, nor a meal plan.

1untamedgirl

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 11:58 pm
andrea levy wrote:
After running my restaurant for three years there I understand exactly why it’s done this way. Exactly. And they do a good job. And yes, it’s legal to require tickets to enter a private event. Ever heard of a movie theatre? Oh! No! I’m not going to watch! I’m just going to sit here!

Not comparable. Person having food restrictions and/or allergies has a disability so not being allowed into the venue because they don't have a food ticket on food they can't eat in the first place is discrimination based on a disability. What kind of allergies or restrictions would they have at a movie theater (provided that there is an elevator to get to the theater on the upper levels if necessary)?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:06 am
Instead of badmouthing Rabbi Zaltzman based on a hypothetical situation, why not call him and ask, if you indeed have children with food restrictions or allergies? It is quite likely that he would find a way to work with you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 12:20 am
1untamedgirl - username def makes sense. You sound untamed alright.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 1:19 am
1untamedgirl wrote:
Not comparable. Person having food restrictions and/or allergies has a disability so not being allowed into the venue because they don't have a food ticket on food they can't eat in the first place is discrimination based on a disability. What kind of allergies or restrictions would they have at a movie theater (provided that there is an elevator to get to the theater on the upper levels if necessary)?

The price of admission is the price of admission. No matter what you eat. I eat super low carb. I don’t eat yuck oil. I bring my own food. And if I go to a buffet I don’t overeat or get my moneys worth. But I’d still buy the ticket. Because that’s the price of admission. Period.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics