Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Stores that will give me goods if I show my childs condition
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:00 am
Any store in boro park that will give me goods like food for pesach or clothing and dry goods, shoes (for teanagers) if I lower myself and show them on paper documentation my childs condition he has that started almost a year ago? 10 percent coupons will not help me this year I still need to pay 90percent. Williamsburg or Flatbush or Queens might also be Ok

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:03 am
I am so sorry that you are struggling.

Can you get a letter from your rabbi, stating that you are genuinely in need? People are wary about helping others without someone to verify the information.

I hope your son has a refuah sheleimah, and all your needs are met for a happy Pesach.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:24 am
I doubt a store would give you free stuff. Most stores will be wary to give away things, unless the owner knows your family. What type of condition does your kid have that stores should give you free things? Maybe sign yourself up for tomchei shabbos & go get food from masbia's pantry.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:27 am
I’m afraid the experience will be too humiliating for you.
You’re better off reaching out to organizations who have connections with wealthy individuals who can assist you.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:30 am
There are plenty organizations that can help you. If he has a medical condition there are org that help with those.
There are also plenty food handouts for pesach from orginazations, kehilla or even from govt for pesach without having to show your need.
Contact your Jewish council to get vouchers for pesach food

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:32 am
amother wrote:
I’m afraid the experience will be too humiliating for you.
You’re better off reaching out to organizations who have connections with wealthy individuals who can assist you.

that Ive been doing throuout the year for his medical expenses and its hard to say the least . We did not pull thru. It helped a bit. Plus frazeled nerves and lots of humiliation.

simba

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:41 am
It would be a difficult precedent for a store owner to establish.
Why don’t you post sizes and what you need. Maybe some of us can help out.
Please ask Yael to post a verification of you on this thread.

Sorry for your difficult situation.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:44 am
the mitzvah man.org

toll free 866 355-1825

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:49 am
1-866-355-1825

meyerlemon44

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:49 am
I am so sorry you're dealing with this. Can you post the sort of things he needs? Someone here might know someone who runs a gemach or is generous with discounts at their store.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
that Ive been doing throuout the year for his medical expenses and its hard to say the least . We did not pull thru. It helped a bit. Plus frazeled nerves and lots of humiliation.

I’m so sorry.
I don’t want you to have to endure any more humiliation.
There are shuls that fundraise for kimcha d’pischa.
Can you speak to your Rav and find out if this exists in your shul?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
I’m so sorry.
I don’t want you to have to endure any more humiliation.
There are shuls that fundraise for kimcha d’pischa.
Can you speak to your Rav and find out if this exists in your shul?

DH does not cooperate so it makes very dificult. Maibe he thinks Hashem will send him an envelope straight. Can I call his Rabbi behind his back. He might be furious

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:13 pm
Please post sizes that you need and maybe someone can help.
Also please reach out to your children's school and sign up for the children's new YT clothes program.
Wishing you all a yeshua!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:
DH does not cooperate so it makes very dificult. Maibe he thinks Hashem will send him an envelope straight. Can I call his Rabbi behind his back. He might be furious

Yes! No reason for him to know it’s coming from u.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:

These fundraising campaigns are supposed to be confidential.
One idea would be to ask the Rav not to mention your request to your husband as it will hurt his pride.
Ask him if the money could be sent directly to your supermarket or other store and applied to your account.
If your husband asks where the money came from, tell him it must have come from an organization or anonymous benefactor.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:35 pm
No tell him check came straight from Hashem

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 12:36 pm
dankbar wrote:
No tell him check came straight from Hashem

It will come from Hashem in an indirect way.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 1:04 pm
confidential my foot but im too desperate anyway

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:04 pm
masbia 866 9 masbia
inof@mabia.org
www.masbia.org for food

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 31 2019, 2:06 pm
simba wrote:
It would be a difficult precedent for a store owner to establish.
Why don’t you post sizes and what you need. Maybe some of us can help out.
Please ask Yael to post a verification of you on this thread.

Sorry for your difficult situation.

Sizes:

Tzitzis size 24 wool. Regular old fashioned.( not with the new style and no nots style etc) . tzitzis size 26 cotton.
A 3 Piece suit chasidish.
(long rekel type). I know that G & G size 42 M is ok on one of them Also bekecha only this brand and size so I know it fits. If you are throwing out, The following skirts if you are throwing out anyway Aline and straigh chasidish lenght in any of the following collors black navy gray beige tan. Size 18 teen or medium adult.

For me skirt beige tan navy black straight size xxl. chasidish lenght. I gained from a medium to xxl and exploded the existing ones.

2 night gowns good condition high school girl size: Medium till the floor and tznius neck. One nightgown for me size xxl till the floor and tznius neck.

Mens shirts only 100 Percent cotton and only size 18 and sleeve 32 33 and only company "orient super" because he is sensory or something similar and will not wear others. Mens undershitrs size medium and extra large. It should be VCut short sleeve. Shoe for mens size 8 black the type chasidish wear -(not rebbish-just plain black chasidish) (with shoes its only if brand new. All other clothes can be used). soks for mens shoe size 8 and socks for mens shoe size 11. plain black. Its unbeliavable things get worn out and torn. All other stuff can be used but decent.

Shell basic colors modal Or lyra adult size small . her are streched and Trasparent from usage. for me adullt size xxl anything cotton or lycra or modal xxl. basic color colors modal Or lcyra adult size small . her are streched and Trasparent from usage. for me adullt size xxl anything cotton or lycra or modal xxl. basic everyday colors. Shabbes coat for girl for next year for 12th grade girl that usually wears clothing size small. Shabbes and weekday coat for me for next year size xxl. to fix mine will cost 150 dollars. So if you plan to renew your collection Ill take. All coats please very traditional or very recent style. A one time trend from 5 years ago will not do-as you can imagine.
I dont need any other things besides for the above. I dont have room for any extras. It was a real miracle how the stuff did not get bad in midbar after matan torah!

If you found these in your closet or want to buy please put your screen name and We will see how to do this. TIA
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries