Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Up to nude stockings yet or not til Pesach
1  2  3  Next

amother
Red

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:29 am
What's the rule? Wink

pizzapie

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:41 am
My personal opinion? If it's warm I wear nude. If it turns cold again two days later I'm back to black. The calendar does not predict the kind of clothing I wear.

sra

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:59 am
I wait until Pesach...

lucky14

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:19 am
It's all about the weather.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:25 am
Not yet... pesach

trixx

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 6:35 am
I stay in tights for as long as possible, one year I went to shavuos before I conceded lol (but it was an unusually cold pesach!)

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:07 am
It’s already getting warm so I think that by pesach it will look normal.

Last year pesach was a month earlier. Not everyone switched right away.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:25 am
As soon as its consistantly warmish, or if the day is just very very warm. I dont care if its "not pesach yet", if its 80 degrees outside im not wearing black tights!

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:30 am
I stay in tights for as looong as possible and then stick with stockings (or usually long skirts to avoid them).

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:32 am
amother wrote:
Not yet... pesach

Just curious what happens if a person flouts this and wears nude tights before Pesach?

Does she get shot by the fashion police? Is she reported on here? Are her Shidduchim doomed? 🤔

animeme

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:37 am
Wouldn't it match to what you're wearing that day? For people who stick to waiting for Pesach, what do you do of it's 80 in March? Do you wear the tights with your summer outfit?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:38 am
amother wrote:
Just curious what happens if a person flouts this and wears nude tights before Pesach?

Does she get shot by the fashion police? Is she reported on here? Are her Shidduchim doomed? 🤔

Its actually interesting to see the replies of "not til pesach" because I live in a pretty in town community (monsey) and I see plenty of fashion-conscious women wear nude stockings before pesach, if the weather is warm. Its not really such a "rule"...but I guess nothing is

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:38 am
Are we all taking about weekday?

I wear mostly stockings on Shabbos all year round (unless its wintry weather and what Im wearing looks better with tights), and tights only on weekdays, in cold weather and stockings only when temperature is over 70 degrees.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:07 am
little neshamala wrote:
Its actually interesting to see the replies of "not til pesach" because I live in a pretty in town community (monsey) and I see plenty of fashion-conscious women wear nude stockings before pesach, if the weather is warm. Its not really such a "rule"...but I guess nothing is

Where u live these “fashion conscious” women are probably chasidush and never wear black tights...

giselle

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Where u live these “fashion conscious” women are probably chasidush and never wear black tights...

Nope, many fashion conscious women wear nude on a nice day.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:11 am
amother wrote:

I wore nude this past shabbos, and I didn’t get shot. I also wasn't the only one. I was in Flatbush, if that makes a difference.

chestnut

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:16 am
Of course, it goes by the weather! If today will be in 70s, why wear thick tights??

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:32 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I wore nude this past shabbos, and I didn’t get shot. I also wasn't the only one. I was in Flatbush, if that makes a difference.
Me too. Uws. It will be mid 70s today so I assume everyone will be in nude legs.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:33 am
amother wrote:
Me too. Uws. It will be mid 70s today so I assume everyone will be in nude legs.

Here it will be 61 and cloudy

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:35 am
It looks like pesach will still be coldish. I think 70 and up is for nude stockings . I also have no problem switching back and forth based on the weather .
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics