Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Up to nude stockings yet or not til Pesach
Previous  1  2  3  Next

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:38 am
I see lots of people in nude before Pesach if it’s warm out. If it’s chilly after Pesach people will wear black. It’s all about the weather...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:40 am
I’m wearing black stockings. Am I doing it wrong? embarrassed

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:42 am
giselle wrote:
Nope, many fashion conscious women wear nude on a nice day.

Most fashion conscious women wear nude year round. It's only in the frum world that women wear black tights. It looks weird to my eye unless it is a black skirt or denim. Black tights were a thing when I lived in Manhattan in my 20s. It was edgy.

I wear black tights, but it feels off to me. Many skirts especially non-black biased cut skirts scream for nude. I can't wear black tights in that situation. Anonymous because I am often the only one not in black tights.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 8:53 am
Here in Baltimore most everyone is in black leggings until it's warm enough to wear bare legs.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 9:01 am
I'm in Baltimore and I never wear leggings or bare legs. Black socks with long skirts during the week year round (sometimes leggings underneath for warmth, but they don't show), black tights on Shabbos in the winter and nude stockings on Shabbos in the summer. Right now varying based on the weather and what I'm wearing.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:16 am
At a wedding last night in Lakewood most people were still wearing black (including yours truly), but there were a few daring ladies in nude Very Happy

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:33 am
I wore sheer pantyhose last Shabbat (suburban NJ). It was too warm for winter clothes, and my "transitional" early-spring wardrobe doesn't go with black tights. I didn't feel out of place, and didn't see anyone really bundled up in black.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:47 am
amother wrote:
Just curious what happens if a person flouts this and wears nude tights before Pesach?

Does she get shot by the fashion police? Is she reported on here? Are her Shidduchim doomed? 🤔

Well, I wouldn't marry her!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:49 am
amother wrote:
At a wedding last night in Lakewood most people were still wearing black (including yours truly), but there were a few daring ladies in nude Very Happy

Were we at the same wedding??? I felt like I was the only one not wearing black.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
Most fashion conscious women wear nude year round. It's only in the frum world that women wear black tights. It looks weird to my eye unless it is a black skirt or denim. Black tights were a thing when I lived in Manhattan in my 20s. It was edgy.

I wear black tights, but it feels off to me. Many skirts especially non-black biased cut skirts scream for nude. I can't wear black tights in that situation. Anonymous because I am often the only one not in black tights.

I'm not sure where you live, but in NY, non-frum women wear black tights in winter all the time. Of course, they only do so when black tights match their outfits. Also of course, the frum women I know do the same -- they don't wear things that don't match.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 10:54 am
little neshamala wrote:
Its actually interesting to see the replies of "not til pesach" because I live in a pretty in town community (monsey) and I see plenty of fashion-conscious women wear nude stockings before pesach, if the weather is warm. Its not really such a "rule"...but I guess nothing is

I've noticed that the women in their twenties stick to the Pesach rule. The women in their thirties and above go by the weather.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
Where u live these “fashion conscious” women are probably chasidush and never wear black tights...

Lol totally not. I do live in monsey but the only time I see chassidish women is if I stupidly decide to brave the traffic and shop on rt 59.
Monsey is made of a zillion different communities. The fashion conscious women im observing are not chassidish, and do wear black tights during cold weather and nude during warmer weather

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:06 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Were we at the same wedding??? I felt like I was the only one not wearing black.

Oh so that was you in nude? Don’t worry if you stood out, you looked gorgeous. LOL You didn’t notice me, I was just swallowed up in a sea of black LOL

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
Oh so that was you in nude? Don’t worry if you stood out, you looked gorgeous. LOL You didn’t notice me, I was just swallowed up in a sea of black LOL

😂 I don’t care if I stood out. I mean, I definitely stood out, I showed up to the chupa wearing my snood!! I ran to the bathroom and changed, before the chupa actually started, but people were looking. Not that I care in the least bit.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 11:21 am
Is anyone wearing tights today???????????????????????????????

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:00 pm
I don't wear nude yet but I saw someone in nude and all white today. Smile

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is anyone wearing tights today???????????????????????????????

I am. It was sweater weather this morning and I’m not changing in the middle of the day.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 2:06 pm
all year

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
I’m wearing black stockings. Am I doing it wrong? embarrassed

Nope. Join me. I do what feels right for me and I'm wearing black because tis not the season for summer clothes yet in my mind.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Apr 08 2019, 7:42 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I wore nude this past shabbos, and I didn’t get shot. I also wasn't the only one. I was in Flatbush, if that makes a difference.

I also but I felt people staring. Didn’t care tho it was so nice I couldn’t put on black tights with that weather. I wore nude today too with a bright colored sweater to make it feel like I’m not completely violating the rules and colorful skirt I’ve worn all winter with boots. I’m not aware of the rules until I feel people staring at me. I dont think I’ll ever learn them or follow them lol
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics