Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need a hotel in Boro Park for a week (before Pesach)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:17 am
My mother is not well. She is presently at Boro Park Rehab and Nursing Center at 4915 10th Ave., across from Maimonides Hospital.
DH and I need to visit her for a few days before Pesach.
But we have nowhere to stay.
Any hotels, but it must be very close to the rehab because I do not feel well and cannot walk a long distance. Maybe a block if there are no stairs involved where we are staying.
Any suggestions?

sra

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:22 am
Only hotel I can think of is Avenue Plaza Hotel, (kosher lmehadrin) that is about a 10 min walk

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:25 am
There are people in that neighborhood who offer as a chessed people to stay by them near the hospital, maybe you could try Bikur Cholim for a list. Although it might be hard for people to offer that in the week before Pesach

ladYdI

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:27 am
Boro Park center has biker cholim rooms for families to stay over shabbos and Yom Tov
It’s not a hotel but if you want to be close and no charge Maybe you can ask about that

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:32 am
Here are your choices:
(I’ve been out of BP for 14 years so perhaps someone else will have more updated information)

1- bikur cholim apartment
2- Park house hotel- kosher hotel/ walking distance
3- avenue plaza hotel - kosher hotel within walking distance

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:33 am
Park house hotel. 12th avenue and 48th street

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:40 am
sra wrote:
Only hotel I can think of is Avenue Plaza Hotel, (kosher lmehadrin) that is about a 10 min walk

I guess on weekdays I could take a cab even if it's only a couple of blocks from the rehab...
...and I would try to find another place for Shabbos
It is so hard being that it is very close to pesach and people are busy cleaning and cooking and don't need guests hanging around. But sometimes Hashem puts us in these situations for reasons we don't understand...

I always wondered why people would travel so close to yomtov and take the risk of getting stuck in some strange place...

But now I see that we might have great intentions, but Hashem makes the ultimate plans...

Thanks for listening.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 10:43 am
Park house hotel and Avenue Plaza hotel are both not far. But park house is closer.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 09 2019, 12:30 pm
Park house hotel is 2 long blocks and one short one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries