Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Question for scrapbookers/album makers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:30 pm
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to put this but I hope someone here can help me.

I have never in a bunch of years of marriage and kids made an album of family pictures. I really want to. But at this point I'm even more overwhelmed by what it would entail than I was years ago, when I never started because I didn't know where to begin.

So I decided the best way for me is just to get an actual physical old-fashioned album, and put in actual physical old-fashioned prints. That way I can always change things around and don't need to get overwhelmed with decisions that are "final" the way I would with a photobook.

Just print and put in as I go.

So I went to Hobby Lobby and got a refillable album (so that I could retain flexibility and ease and not feel like anything is set in stone) and oh my the choices of inserts. There are ones with three 4x6 slots. Or four 4.25X5.25 slots. Or five 3.5x5.25 slots.

What do I want? I would go with just a variety, but then I have to be all planned out again--to know what size to order my prints in. And are these all even standard size prints?

Someone please help Smile

And yes this is totally part of Pesach cleaning.... right?

Thanks in advance!

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 12:59 pm
I hear you!!!
I go with 4x6, as that is standard for printing pictures. I personally like when there is room next to the pictures for writing. This way I can pretend that I will (eventually) label things.

I find this is the easiest. Slide them in the sleeves in chronological order and consider yourself done.

I theoretically scrapbook, but other than buying stuff from amazing savings, I haven't done any in years.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Wed, Apr 10 2019, 1:59 pm
I don't do scrapbooks but I do what you are doing- I have many albums of old-fashioned slide in pictures. I print everything 4x6 so I never have any issues with planning ahead.
I'm also doing this now instead of pesach cleaning Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2019, 12:14 pm
Thank you both!

For the advice and for the company (in doing things this way, and at this time of year... Smile)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics