Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Poll: Do you vaccinate? (read thread first)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Do you vaccinate?
Yes, on schedule.  
 73%  [ 379 ]
Selectively and/or delayed  
 7%  [ 37 ]
Only did because I was forced (want kids in school) or fined now  
 1%  [ 8 ]
No  
 3%  [ 19 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 1 ]
yes, but on a slower schedule  
 13%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 514

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 5:12 pm
Raisin wrote:
I do vaccinate on schedule. But the schedule where I live does not include chicken pox and it costs a ton of money to pay for it. Not covered by my insurance or the government. So none of my kids are vaccinated for chicken pox.

Also flu shots are not on the schedule so I have never done them. Only recommended for certain populations.

Off topic but, that's socialized medicine for you

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 5:38 pm
My4Jewels wrote:
Well I think we would all appreciate it if you could please let us know the town you live in and the school your kids go to. Because Im sure I’m not the only one but I don’t want my family anywhere near your family. I prefer not to get the measles thanks

I am not that amother but I surely wouldn't want my family associated with someone like you....such hatred is horrible to your fellow Jew NO MATTER if they got a darn shot or not. If Hashem wants you to get the measles YOU WILL GET IT even if you had every shot in the books and your immunity comes back a trillion percent. Sick of these hatred threads.

giselle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 5:43 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I am not that amother but I surely wouldn't want my family associated with someone like you....such hatred is horrible to your fellow Jew NO MATTER if they got a darn shot or not. If Hashem wants you to get the measles YOU WILL GET IT even if you had every shot in the books and your immunity comes back a trillion percent. Sick of these hatred threads.

So if I post that I text while driving, or hey maybe I drink and drive, and a poster writes that I should please never drive with her kid in the car (and preferably not anywhere she might drive), would you say that if Hashem wants you to die in a car accident YOU WILL DIE?

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 5:48 pm
giselle wrote:
So if I post that I text while driving, or hey maybe I drink and drive, and a poster writes that I should please never drive with her kid in the car (and preferably not anywhere she might drive), would you say that if Hashem wants you to die in a car accident YOU WILL DIE?

Your [removed] but yes, if God wants you to die in an accident you will.
There's a real and valid reason why ppl don't vaccinate whether you agree or not....get off your high horse and realize this.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:20 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Your such an idiot, but yes, if God wants you to die in an accident you will.
There's a real and valid reason why ppl don't vaccinate whether you agree or not....get off your high horse and realize this.

I don't think you got her point. Why does the Torah tell us Venishmartem Me'od Nafshosaychem? Why do we have to guard our bodies? If Hashem wants something to happen, it'll happen. So if it's as you say, then why is Hashem commanding us that?

It's our hishtadlus to do what's in our realm of possibility. We don't sit into cars with drunken drivers and we stay away from those we can possibly make us sick. So, yes, right now, the people who have the high possibility of spreading measles around should remove themselves from public places until the outbreak has passed. It's my Torah responsibility to guard myself and my kid's lives and contracting measles goes against that. - Regardless of what the anti-vaxxers think.

giselle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:32 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Again, if you feel so strongly that I’m an idiot, post it under your username. Stop hiding behind amother. Or are you embarrassed that you’re acting this way and don’t want people to think badly of you? Anyway I like horses.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:39 pm
Rabbi Doctor Tatz discusses hishtadlus in the context of refuah in that speech someone linked.

https://www.simpletoremember.c.....l-p1/

The relevant section is towards the end of this part of the speech:

https://www.simpletoremember.c.....h-p2/

It's worth listening to in full. It made my Pesach cleaning far more pleasant. Smile

polka dots

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:50 pm
Thank you so much for this thread. Sometimes I start to feel like I'm the only person still vaxxing on schedule. Its almost embarrassing and "ignorant" and so old fashioned. Thanks for putting it in perspective

giselle

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Out of curiosity, would you like it if I called you an idiot because you don’t know the difference between your and you’re? Because it does sound kind of dumb.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Apr 12 2019, 7:03 pm
This shouldn’t turn into a war of who’s smarter than whom. We should make sure it doesn’t. I can see both sides: I used to be somewhat skeptical of the full schedule of vaxxing myself, and I wasn’t stupider then than I am now; I just hadn’t read as much, and hadn’t been trained to evaluate research studies. That has changed. I’m totally and thoroughly pro-vax now.

I don’t have much time now to write, but just wanted to say: I am both a skeptic and an existentialist. My skepticism makes me question whatever I hear; my existentialism leads me to the conclusion that waiting and doing nothing — due to skepticism — is also an action -- a choice -- and often not a rational one. Moreover, the skepticism that is applied to what the medical establishment says must be applied to what the alternative-healing (or whatever) community says, if you are to be intellectually honest, and even more important, make wise choices for your children.

I will continue after Shabbat ends, which will be later than it ends for many of you.

I would like to write more, but I want if I can to alert you all to the escalating war of “you’re stupid!” which this thread seems to be becoming. We are better than this.

I hope this thread doesn’t get locked because I have a lot to say, just no time now to say it.

Shabbat Shalom, and good health to all.

essie14

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 1:27 pm
I vaccinate completely on schedule.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 3:48 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Because I don't delay or selectively vaccinate. I just spread out. I won't check off that option. Smile My kids are always fully vaccinated.

Same here. Is there any way to change my vote?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I reported you to the mods.

1. No name calling.
2. No being a jerk while hiding as amother.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 5:52 pm
momsrus wrote:
No, I spread out meaning I don’t give all required shots in one visit. However it’s given a month later or so.

People that delay literally give nothing until the kids start school.

This is not true. I delay, with permission from my children's doctor. He told me it was okay to push off until they're a year, so they don't get any vaccines at all until their first birthday at the earliest. And they don't start any kind of school/playgroup/daycare until 1.5-2 years, by which point they are mostly caught up.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 9:48 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Interesting. Can you name a few of the unreliable sources anti-vaxxers get their info from? Did you conduct a study on this? Did you find that most pro vaxxers get their info from reputable sources and most anti-vaxxers get their info from poor sources? I find that most non chaddidish anti-vaxxers genuinely look into it, and most vaxxers are simply following what their doctor said. I agree it is normally a good idea to follow what your doctor says, however be aware that your doctor, who went to medical school for many years, likely never took a gsingle course on vaccines.

Del Bigtree, for example.

My4Jewels

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 10:13 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Um you also called another poster an idiot also while amother soooo who is spewing hatred honey?

And also so we should all do nothing to ever protect ourselves?? That is not at all how we Jews actually conduct ourselves. We are obligated to do our best to protect ourselves from many things that may harm us. Otherwise why don’t we just run across a highway? Seems fun and besides if hashem wants us to die we will. Or let’s all drive while blindfolded that also seems like an adventure and if I die or kill others it’s was there time right?

I am honestly frightened that there are people who think like you.

Good luck

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 10:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I need an option for yes on basic schedule but spread out.

Curious do you have them give the one in the hospital or wait to give it by the pediatrician? (There’s just one they give them right?)

I feel like with all the anitvax stupidity it’s hard to get clear info/ recommendations about a spread out schedule, ppl jump to conclude that you won’t vaxx and shut it down.

I’m a FTM and my baby will be staying at home with me, I’m trying to find legit info about how to space and when to give each vaccine starting with the one they give in the hospital

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 10:49 pm
momsrus wrote:

People that delay literally give nothing until the kids start school.

It's not true.

I started my kids at age two and they are all caught up.

Why make these blanket statements?

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:03 pm
polka dots wrote:
Thank you so much for this thread. Sometimes I start to feel like I'm the only person still vaxxing on schedule. Its almost embarrassing and "ignorant" and so old fashioned. Thanks for putting it in perspective

Really?

I don’t know a single person irl who doesn’t vaccinate. Or even anyone that delays.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Apr 13 2019, 11:06 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Curious do you have them give the one in the hospital or wait to give it by the pediatrician? (There’s just one they give them right?)

I feel like with all the anitvax stupidity it’s hard to get clear info/ recommendations about a spread out schedule, ppl jump to conclude that you won’t vaxx and shut it down.

I’m a FTM and my baby will be staying at home with me, I’m trying to find legit info about how to space and when to give each vaccine starting with the one they give in the hospital

Have you decided on a pediatrician yet? I know that some will meet with you before the birth. My pediatrician recommends NOT doing it in the hospital for most of his patients. They do it eventually in the office, I don't remember when. The hospital here knows not to even ask if he's listed as the pediatrician for the baby.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics