Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Instant pot or crock pot?

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:15 pm
I'm trying to decide which one to buy for erev Yom tov and chol hamoad. I like my chometzdik Instant pot but they are not on sale now! I'm thinking I can accomplish the same with a crockpot, which is much cheaper.

Help me make a decision, please!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 3:17 pm
I like crockpot. Dump and leave to cook. Come home to cooked food.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 4:14 pm
FYI, Costco Business Center, on-line, has the Insta Pot 6 quart -$79.97.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 6:43 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm trying to decide which one to buy for erev Yom tov and chol hamoad. I like my chometzdik Instant pot but they are not on sale now! I'm thinking I can accomplish the same with a crockpot, which is much cheaper.

Help me make a decision, please!

I’d say crockpot. Find its much easier to follow recipes. Or I’d do a regular pressure cooker that you could heat up on the flame to warm up

devorah1231

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 8:51 pm
Instant pot has many uses besides slow cooking. If that is all you are using it for may as well get a crockpot and save money.

smss

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:10 pm
I only use my instant pot for chicken soup and hard boiled eggs. I happen to love it for those things, but not really worth the $$ it costs (it was a gift...)

I think crock pots are the way to go for dinners. Cheap and easy. I'd rather prep the night before, start the crockpot in the am and come home to a ready dinner than come home, start prepping dinner and then wait an hour for it to cook in the instant pot (well, including waiting for the pot to seal and then to release the pressure...)

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 16 2019, 9:16 pm
I do use the instant pot a lot during the year, as I make soups, meatballs, corned beef and one pot chicken dinners. But a crockpot does seem more practical for Pesach as I do have more time in the morning to prep.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help! Going to buy a crockpot tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen