Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So...How's your pesach hotel going???
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:07 am
Is it meeting your expectations?
How was the crowd, the food, the service...
Would you do it again?
Just curious....

dankbar

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 11:15 am
Yes after all scam warnings we hope people had a nice experience & didn't get ripped off for nothing

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 12:48 pm
My Pesach hotel is going wonderfully. The guests are super comfortable and being waited on hand and foot. All the food is delicious and everyone is really enjoying. There were not so many activities this morning, but the grumbling was kept to a minimum because everyone is overtired. Especially me after washing all of those dishes.

acemom

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 1:29 pm
chicco wrote:
My Pesach hotel is going wonderfully. The guests are super comfortable and being waited on hand and foot. All the food is delicious and everyone is really enjoying. There were not so many activities this morning, but the grumbling was kept to a minimum because everyone is overtired. Especially me after washing all of those dishes.

Will giving this a thumbs up be insensitive?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 1:31 pm
Personally was at a hotel with in-laws for the first days and happy to be out. The crowd was nice and low key. The mains by the meals were good but the rest of the food was really not, I’m pregnant and picky and just felt hungry a lot and ate more chocolate than I should have:/

chicco

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 1:37 pm
acemom wrote:
Will giving this a thumbs up be insensitive?

Surely not to me. I am more than happy to have this experience, BH.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 1:37 pm
Not at a hotel, but the food was excellent. I do wish I had a babysitter to help me with my kids.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 1:46 pm
I did the AirBnB thing for a change..

The house is a thousand times nicer than the cramped hotel room we always get.
My son gets a bed instead of a couch for a change..

We went to the shul's kiddush.. It was very nice, but no so insane over the top like the hotel we always go to that I puke.

Lunches were very nice....

Now we are going to Coco May.. Not some lame sushi making class in the hotel

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:06 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

We went to the shul's kiddush.. It was very nice, but no so insane over the top like the hotel we always go to that I puke.

You sound like you really didn’t enjoy going to a hotel.
You also have voiced your unhappiness with the community you live in.
I hope this new experience, in a new place will make you feel good.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:14 pm
Amazing! Decent food (ok maybe a bit too much meat and I’m a drop scared about the kashrus), nice diverse crowd, exotic location, fancy 5 star resort, amazing activities, babysitter avail (for a price).

jd1212

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:20 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Ooh! What location was this?

Fave

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:21 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Amazing! Decent food (ok maybe a bit too much meat and I’m a drop scared about the kashrus), nice diverse crowd, exotic location, fancy 5 star resort, amazing activities, babysitter avail (for a price).

What do you mean by the bolded?

yenny

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:27 pm
chicco wrote:

Well good luck to you. The guests that stay at your type of hotel are usually the biggest complainers.
All their neighbors will hear about the lack of privacy, no extra helping hands, on and on.
Oh and we'll definitely hear about it on imamother!

WastingTime

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:47 pm
Terrible!
Just noticing the mess all over the floor from the guests, including the flowers brought home from today's hike .

Also noticing the crazy mess in the kitchen that the chef left (food good but awfully standard).
As of this morning the laundry from before yontif was never folded, terrible cleaning crew.

PM for hotel name so you don't make the same mistake as we did!!

Last edited by WastingTime on Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:50 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

Which program?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:51 pm
Fave wrote:
What do you mean by the bolded?

We eat kitniyot but because there are ashkenaz guests they served no kitniyot. Lots of proteins and potatoes. I’m really not used to that!

Also the crowd is mostly MO to non religious and I was shocked that they don’t provide matzah, something very basic that many MO guests complained.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:52 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Which program?

Mazagan resort, Morocco

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 2:57 pm
It's great although a bit isolated. We're staying at a hotel in the Negev and it's our first time in Israel. It's a beautiful hotel though not really a Pesach hotel. There are some frum people here but majority of the people are secular Israelis or tourists from the US or Europe. There's a shul where we had the seder with the other frum families and there were 2 ravs who really made the seder special. Even some of the non-religious guests came to hear the haggadah which I thought was so amazing Smile I think that my family or maybe me, since I booked the trip underestimated just how isolated the hotel is. The scenery is gorgeous and the weather is perfect. However it's oddly claustrophobic since there's only so far around the hotel we can go. Chabad in the area has been a huge help especially for my food related inquiries. All-in-all it's been really great!

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 3:44 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
You sound like you really didn’t enjoy going to a hotel.
You also have voiced your unhappiness with the community you live in.
I hope this new experience, in a new place will make you feel good.

No I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE HOTELS
But all the food made me sick

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it meeting your expectations?
How was the crowd, the food, the service...
Would you do it again?
Just curious....

One thing that struck me and irritated me was, twice since last night, 2 litttle kids from different families were found in the hotel lobby crying unable to find their parents! Mothers, fathers, what is wrong with you? Stop being selfish and watch your kids properly! Anyone could walk off with a child and the parent wouldn’t know any better for who knows how long! What’s also striking is that it’s always a stranger posting a pic of the child and looking for their parents, before any of the parents post a pic and search for their own child! They’re too busy changing their outfit every 10 minutes and showing off to their friends, enjoying themsleves, stuffing their face.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics