Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Budget friendly kids clothing in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:07 am
My stepdaughter who lives in Lakewood near the Yeshivas, recently had her first baby. She is from OOT and not "in to" spending a fortune for baby clothing, nor can they afford it. She went shopping for her baby and got serious sticker shock. However, she values looking nice and put together. Where do you recommend she shop for cute children's clothes that don't cost a fortune? She doesn't have Internet.

Where do Lakewood moms bargain shop for kids clothes - Internet, or do they drive outside Lakewood? Because from what DD said, in Lakewood there are only the Frum expensive Jewish stores.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:42 am
I’ve seen very cute baby clothing on H&M’s website, I assume they have it in store too.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:52 am
Fashion wholesalers, clover kidichic.
I'm assuming that they are closed on chol hamoed

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 5:07 am
Tottini, Juvenile Planet outlet store has strechies for good prices

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:35 am
Serendipity sells nice clothes second hand. They are very cheap.

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:09 am
she is best off shopping online.

mamaleh

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:12 am
The outlets: Carters, osh kosh, children’s place, and there are others (I’m just blanking on the names). Also Target. I never shopped in frum stores for my kids when they were little. Serendipity also sometimes has nice baby stuff (even new stuff)

Last edited by mamaleh on Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:17 am
Target, Kohls, Childrens Place, Carters...

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:29 am
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Wal-Mart Smile. Then there's Burlington, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and if you are willing to travel a little bit there are two outlet malls just outside of Lakewood - Six Flags and Jersey Shore/Tinton Falls. Personally I think Burlington has really nice baby clothes with Kohls a close second. And now Children's Place and Carter's are both just over the Lakewood border. There are so many stores to choose from...

ETA: just reread the OP - ok, Wal-Mart is out. But Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Burlington and Carter's all have nice things.... she absolutely does not need the internet.

Last edited by Mommyg8 on Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:29 am
LOL. I remember when my DD was a baby and my sister was getting married....I went into a local store, and the owner showed me an outfit that she called classy and I thought was nothing special...for $125. That was 20 years ago, BTW.

I've generally shopped for baby clothes in the mall - whichever store had stuff I liked. Gymboree (sorry it's closed, I did so well there when DD was little), children's place, gap, old navy, etc....

I used to treat myself to something special from Benneton, when they would be at 70% off....I'm sure there are local stores that still have that, if you shop in advance....

SingALong

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:51 am
Juvenile planet has a store called off second with brand new clothing for a fraction of the price since its last year’s or older things. I always go there for stretchies

Another vote for Tottini, fashion wholesalers, clover.

SRB

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:28 am
Op here - thank you so much for all the suggestions! Sounds like there are several choices. Funny, I came on here to ask where she can budget shop for nice clothes and got caught up reading the long thread about the craziness in Lakewood with the expensive matching outfits. She was telling me about this yesterday and I had no idea how bad it is (I'm in LA where fashion is a thing but doesn't sound as bad, or it could be that I just don't put myself or kids in that race).

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:22 am
SRB wrote:
Op here - thank you so much for all the suggestions! Sounds like there are several choices. Funny, I came on here to ask where she can budget shop for nice clothes and got caught up reading the long thread about the craziness in Lakewood with the expensive matching outfits. She was telling me about this yesterday and I had no idea how bad it is (I'm in LA where fashion is a thing but doesn't sound as bad, or it could be that I just don't put myself or kids in that race).

Funny you mention LA. I know someone from Lakewood who moved to la for the kollel- she said her kids are the best dressed there... TMI

SRB

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 2:00 am
SuperWify- her kids maybe, but I don't think it's anything to be proud of. Sounds like pure gashmious to me, and very hypocritical... But I'll stop there, this is for the other thread.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 6:00 am
SRB wrote:
SuperWify- her kids maybe, but I don't think it's anything to be proud of. Sounds like pure gashmious to me, and very hypocritical... But I'll stop there, this is for the other thread.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

Yes and that is why I was hiding my face! TMI TMI TMI

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 1:31 pm
I went to a sale in Lakewood that sells great quality girls shabbos dresses for only 35 a piece! you can call for an appointment 732-664-3087.
I think many of us realize that we may need a 3rd dress for the upcoming holiday due to the 3 day yomtov.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics