Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Representation???

Seraph

Post Mon, Dec 17 2007, 12:39 pm
Situation:
Theres a [city] that is comprised of many kehillos- 2 big kehillos- lets call them A and B, and about 6 or 7 littler smaller kehillos, c,d,e,f,g,h,I.
Kehillos A and B are much bigger than c,d,e,f,g,h, and I. A is probably the size of c,d, and possibly f put together. And B is the size of g and h, approximately...
There is an election. One party running is comprised entirely of A and B people. The second party running is comprised of A, B, c,d,e,f,g,h,and I- one representative from each kehilla.
Who do you think is fair representation- the party that is all A and B representatives- because they are the biggest, so its only fair that they have the representation? Or the second party that has equal representations of all the "minority" kehillos, as well as the big kehillos?
I understand that dilema, because should the smaller kehillos get just as much of a say as the larger ones, when they are "minorities"? But should they be completely unrepresented because they are "minorities"?
I understand that in the US, the solution is that there is a house of representatives AND congress, (I may be mixing that up)- house of representatives being 2 representatives per state no matter their size, and congress, which has the amount of representatives in relation to population size.
But when there isn't that choice- what say you?
Who would you vote for?

ETA: Can you tell elections are on my mind?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics