Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Things that made this pesach easier or more enjoyable
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 9:36 pm
What new things did you do this pesach that made the preparation or the yom to itself go more smoothly or just more pleasantly? Doesn't need to be groundbreaking, just things that helped.

I'll start.

1. I got disposable hot cups so that we could continue using the "chometz" coffee right up to the last morning, despite turning over kitchen 5 days earlier.

2. Made my cauliflower leek kugel, which is yummy but falls to pieces when cut, in muffin pans. Also, we are a family that loves kugel edges, and when you make it in muffin pans there are way more of those.

3. Served a big, beautiful cut up fruit platter at the end of every seuda. We ate less cake and also it was helpful for matza-related "digestive woes".

4. Origins pinch your cheeks blush gel lasted two whole days and feels as if you aren't wearing makeup.

Ok, your turn.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 9:40 pm
I cooked everything in disposable pans.
I served in fancy disposable dishes, down to cups and utensils. It was such an amazing simchas yom tov to not have to do dishes after every meal.
I did not make fancy dessert, fruit & applesauce were just enough.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 9:56 pm
1. Bought desserts (and no one minded!)
2. Made no kugels, only seasoned vegetables.
3. No salads for Seder nights as people get their leafy fix from romaine lettuce and parsley.
4. BH was in a position to hire cleaning help, and I didn’t go crazy checking the house for miniscule crumbs.
5. Used a clothing rental service to save time and stress shopping for clothes.
6. Chose relaxed, low-key chol hamoed trips that worked for us.
7. Made less charoset (I usually make way more than necessary).

Dina2018

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:12 pm
Bought countertop dishwasher - best investment ever! I could use real cups and cutlery and pots and just stick it into my pesachdik dishwasher!

Dina2018

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:15 pm
Another thing - very cheap but genius- electric potato peeler! Its magic! It can peel potatoes very quickly, no mess, highly recommend it!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:19 pm
Staying home!

sneakermom

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:37 pm
1. I took a week off from work before pesach.
2. I buy a case of 9x13 pans and use them for everything. Mixing bowls etc.
3. I bake almost everything before pesach. And cook mostly before. This allows me to put away my hand blender, mixer, and food processor and bowls before the second days.
4. I use beautiful plastic cutlery and paper goods.
5. I only use disposable containers

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:41 pm
I also used disposable for some yom tov meals.

I barely baked; for snacks, we ate lady fingers and chocolate.

Cooked simple, wholesome food. Made veggie kugels instead of potato kugels so less work involved.

Used a hot plate with a timer on yom tov, so I wasn't worried about an oven or flame.

Cooked and froze Chol Hamoed dinner before yom tov so after our trips, I put dinner straight into the oven.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:57 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
Another thing - very cheap but genius- electric potato peeler! Its magic! It can peel potatoes very quickly, no mess, highly recommend it!

Can you post a link? Cuz many versions don't work well.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:00 pm
Going away honestly.

ectomorph

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:02 pm
New dvds for the kids

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:14 pm
Used real glasses, nice plastic plates and containers. I purchased new chometz silverware and used it for pesach first. Clean up was a breeze and we were ready for pizza within 45 min of the zeman.

All pots and glasses are drying on my dining room table now. I will put everything away I the morning, I am not wiping them dry.

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:16 pm
Staying home and having gracious guests who want me to enjoy Yom Tov too and helped around with cleaning, cooking and taking care of my baby. My guests also pushed me to go out with them on Chol Hamoed so that I got some fun time too. I loved every minute of yom Tov this year...even the chaotic parts.

Dina2018

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:27 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Can you post a link? Cuz many versions don't work well.

dear ra_mom, I bought it on european amazon, closest that I can find on american amazon is called „starfrit rotato express“. BTW huge thank you for all your beautiful recipes, ideas and shortcuts that helped me enormously this Pesach!!!

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:29 pm
I love my pesach china but I did use disposable when needed.

Rappel

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:47 pm
Disposable for the casual meals, and we went out for many more meals then usual. A bottle of wine as a gift cost me a lot less in stress than keeping my home in tip top shape for guests.

renslet

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 11:48 pm
A lot of help. Seriously, was very simple, ( helps that chabad uses very little ingredients) but spent a lot of money on cleaning help and every cent was worth it.

ladYdI

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:57 am
Had cleaning girl come in every day to wash the dishes

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:01 am
No baking. (Bought ice cream for dessert.)

Made a ton of food in my crockpot while away during the day, and while I was sleeping (overnight)!

Had my cleaning lady do most of the cleaning in advance while I worked from home.

Ordered almost all kids clothing online, down to raincoats, underwear and hosiery. (So grateful for the awesome stores that have great selections and service.)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:06 am
Dina2018 wrote:
dear ra_mom, I bought it on european amazon, closest that I can find on american amazon is called „starfrit rotato express“. BTW huge thank you for all your beautiful recipes, ideas and shortcuts that helped me enormously this Pesach!!!

Thanks for the information Dina, and I'm so happy I was able to help a bit!
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics