Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey young neighborhoods
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:08 am
I am looking to move to Monsey and am looking for information regarding younger, up and coming neighborhoods. We really want a neighborhood that is very friendly (good neighbors, nice shul, solid crowd) and we would love a house with a backyard and pool under 600k. thats why we are looking for a new neighborhood. anyone know of such neighborhoods? where r the young ppl moving to nowadays

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:34 am
DH has a good friend who just moved there from Brooklyn with this exact checklist. He bought in Haverstraw and is extremely happy there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:44 am
the taxes in haverstraw are very high from what I heard

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:53 am
Try either Pomona or Pomona heights.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:24 pm
Haverstraw is not Monsey. It's not even in the Monsey area. It's a good 20-30 minute drive to main Monsey.
I've heard people are moving to Montebello, but I think the taxes are high.
There are young families in the New Hemstead area, Chestnut Ridge, Airmont, New City... basically in alk area's. Some have more families, some less. But many area's a quite far from main Monsey.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 12:25 pm
If you're worried about crazy high property taxes, Monsey may not be the right place for you. The whole area has some of the highest taxes of any frum community.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:40 pm
If youre ok living in a mixed-age neighborhood then forshay/wesley hills meets your criteria
Really nice people, very chilled and friendly, great shuls, well established etc. Some houses are way above your price range, but if you look you can find others that are in the range youre asking.
But its not exclusively young. We've got plenty of old, plenty of middle aged, and recently, quite a a nice ammount of young families too. I love it here.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:14 pm
Check out Dexter Park! It's a great place to live and about 12 minutes from Monsey.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:17 pm
Chestnut Ridge

ez-pass

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:18 pm
New city
Up the hill new Hempstead
Pomona
Pomona east
Pomona heights
Dexter park

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:25 pm
New City
Chestnut Ridge
Dexter Park

Lots of young families (20s 30s 40s range)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:46 pm
can someone give me updated info about new city and up the hill

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:42 pm
New city is nice friendly young crowd

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can someone give me updated info about new city and up the hill

What questions do u have?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:06 pm
cost of housing and taxes and conditions of houses
average ages of kids there
schools kids go to
how friendly these neighborhoods are in terms of community, neighbors etc, are people friends with their neighbors etc
the differences between these two communities
where is new city and where is up the hill exactly? which one is further out

1ofbillions

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:45 pm
Please make sure that your children are accepted to schools before making the move, OP. Countless families have had to move back to where they came from after spending a year with their kids at home.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:46 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Please make sure that your children are accepted to schools before making the move, OP. Countless families have had to move back to where they came from after spending a year with their kids at home.

This is so sad. The reason behind it is even sadder.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:50 pm
Honeymoon why is it sad? That many schools are in trailers or tiny houses and they don't have a spot for another kid???
It's sad that people don't understand this.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
cost of housing and taxes and conditions of houses- houses are going up! Probably on 500-600 range taxes aw anywhere from 13k and up. House conditions are generally pretty good.
average ages of kids there- we have every single age and a huge spectrum of schools from bobov to Ashar
schools kids go to- bycc, ysv, bas mikroh, bais mikroh, bais dovid, bais rochel, bais yaakov elementary, the cheder, ashar, bnos brocha, eitz Chaim, bobov.
how friendly these neighborhoods are in terms of community, neighbors etc, are people friends with their neighbors etc
new city is extremely friendly but there were many parts of the neighborhood. It spans a few miles.
the differences between these two communities
where is new city and where is up the hill exactly? Up the hill is green ridge area. The area right by new sauare. New city is the next neighborhood over, right by ext 11 on Palisades. New city is further
which one is further out

I live in New City I can answer for over there.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 6:05 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Honeymoon why is it sad? That many schools are in trailers or tiny houses and they don't have a spot for another kid???
It's sad that people don't understand this.

If only this was the only reason. It may be one of them but it is not the only one. It is sad that people insist on denying it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating