Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Neturei Karta opening Yeshiva PA Occupied Hebron
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:35 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
That's your issue with them?! If I had niturei karta on my block I would move away or at the very least forbid my kids from playing with them.

I can't believe I am defending them. I am amother because of my specific location.

They are on my block and are the nicest neighbors. They are kind and generous. They are the first ones to welcome me. When I was sitting Shiva, the wife helped me with all the things I couldn't do. No one else offered. Their kindness continues though the years.

Please note that I am not defending their politics. I am simply saying that they are wonderful neighbors which is what I told a film crew trying to stir up trouble on my block.

I feel bad for their kids who are treated like they are contaminated by supposedly open minded people. Their kids were attacked and threatened while playing on their lawn. You don't like the father's poltics, it fine, but don't attack children for what their father believes.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:36 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My basement neighbors are Neturei Karta and have an anti-Zionist sign on the door in several languages, including Arabic. They run back inside from playing if either me or my neighbors come outside because we're bad influences. The head of the group here lives in mansion while these people live in poverty. I am not impressed with the way that they teach their kids to treat other frum Jews as contaminated.

I heard yesterday that Beck's house had a suspicious fire. Did anyone else hear this?

Rappel

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:49 pm
Who cares why they're doing it? There are so many machinations every time a new Jewish building is bought in Hevron, that if all it takes to get in (and get photographed with the local Arab administrator) is to be neturei karta, then I'll put on peyot myself. After the summer, we stay.

The Civil Administration really didn't give them a problem?

Last edited by Rappel on Wed, May 08 2019, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

lkwdlady

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:53 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My basement neighbors are Neturei Karta and have an anti-Zionist sign on the door in several languages, including Arabic. They run back inside from playing if either me or my neighbors come outside because we're bad influences. The head of the group here lives in mansion while these people live in poverty. I am not impressed with the way that they teach their kids to treat other frum Jews as contaminated.

So where do they go to school??

Rappel

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:56 pm
For those whom divide between Israeli/PA controlled Hevron - it's not really a thing. The only reason any of it is under Israeli control is because of people whom moved in, and the army moved in after them. These residents are the only reason we have access to Me'arat Hamachpelah, and the city of Hevron, at all.

The new yeshiva seems to be only in communication with the PA, which means no Israeli control follows. I'm willing to bet that some youth are going to infiltrate the NK yeshiva, and not leave when they move to withdraw.

nchr

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 1:58 pm
lkwdlady wrote:

Usually some are home schooled and some go to Beis Chinuch HaYushin (which is not associated with Netruei Karta). I have such people over for Shabbos often.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 2:28 pm
Slightly off topic:

I really can't stand the word "occupied". Occupied by who? What part?
"PA controlled" is at least a more neutral, and more politically accurate, term.

IMHO, the Palestinians are occupying the land that Hashem gave to US.

gingertop

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 2:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Slightly off topic:

I really can't stand the word "occupied". Occupied by who? What part?
"PA controlled" is at least a more neutral, and more politically accurate, term.

IMHO, the Palestinians are occupying the land that Hashem gave to US.

That's what the title says. PA occupied Hebron

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 2:46 pm
lkwdlady wrote:

They go to strict chassish schools. Most of the chassidim, in my neighborhood, don't have a problem with them at all. It's the supposedly open minded ones or Israelis that have the issues and want to stir things up - NIMBY.

Again, I am only speaking of them being neighbors. They are quiet and mind their own business except to do neighborly things like dropoff food. All of them say hello and goodbye which I don't get from some of other my male neighbors and DH doesn't get from some of our female neighbors.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:01 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I can't believe I am defending them. I am amother because of my specific location.

They are on my block and are the nicest neighbors. They are kind and generous. They are the first ones to welcome me. When I was sitting Shiva, the wife helped me with all the things I couldn't do. No one else offered. Their kindness continues though the years.

Please note that I am not defending their politics. I am simply saying that they are wonderful neighbors which is what I told a film crew trying to stir up trouble on my block.

I feel bad for their kids who are treated like they are contaminated by supposedly open minded people. Their kids were attacked and threatened while playing on their lawn. You don't like the father's poltics, it fine, but don't attack children for what their father believes.

I couldn’t care less how nice they are to you, these are Reshaim! They side with the enemy, make huge chillul Hashem constantly and no Jew should accept any seeming kindness from them, as these are tamei and tainted people!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:02 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
They go to strict chassish schools. Most of the chassidim, in my neighborhood, don't have a problem with them at all. It's the supposedly open minded ones or Israelis that have the issues and want to stir things up - NIMBY.

Again, I am only speaking of them being neighbors. They are quiet and mind their own business except to do neighborly things like dropoff food. All of them say hello and goodbye which I don't get from some of other my male neighbors and DH doesn't get from some of our female neighbors.

So since they’re so fine would u let your kids marry into their fmamily?

dankbar

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:06 pm
To the outside world where they dont know all nuances & differences among us, all they see Jews hating other Jews so why should they like us if we can't like ourselves. That's the only thing these people are accomplishing.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:17 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I couldn’t care less how nice they are to you, these are Reshaim! They side with the enemy, make huge chillul Hashem constantly and no Jew should accept any seeming kindness from them, as these are tamei and tainted people!

And you know what? That's what the g○yim feel when orthodox Jews move in. It's no different when they shun us. They don't want to accept kindness from us and see us as tainted people. Jews move in. They move out because they don't want to be near the taint.

Imagine if grown g○yim bullied your kids just because they were your kids. Do you think that's right?

I liked them very much for a few years before I knew they were NK. I like living in peace with all my neighbors

Remember, I am not defending their politics nor their actions. I am simply saying they are great neighbors. I wish all were as clean and tidy and considerate.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:19 pm
I hope I am wrong but, I don't believe that it will be long before there is an attack- because the are still Jews and not Muslim. Then OUR BOYS will have to go in, endangering themselves to rescue.

ectomorph

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:26 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
And you know what? That's what the g○yim feel when orthodox Jews move in. It's no different when they shun us. They don't want to accept kindness from us and see us as tainted people. Jews move in. They move out because they don't want to be near the taint.

Imagine if grown g○yim bullied your kids just because they were your kids. Do you think that's right?

I liked them very much for a few years before I knew they were NK. I like living in peace with all my neighbors

Remember, I am not defending their politics nor their actions. I am simply saying they are great neighbors. I wish all were as clean and tidy and considerate.

Many Nazis were excellent neighbors to Jews before the war.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
So since they’re so fine would u let your kids marry into their fmamily?

My kids are brought up too different. I can't see it working because my kids have broader horizons.

Absent their politics, which I have never discussed for one moment with them, I think they are good neighbors. It's very hard to hate people who are nice to you because someone tell you to. In all the years they have lived here, there is absolutely nothing I can think of that they did to slight anyone.

My Rabbi feels the family is misguided rather than evil. The father's background seems to be MO based on his family. They seem educated and well spoken. His history would make a fascinating article. What makes someone MO embrace such beliefs?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:32 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Many Nazis were excellent neighbors to Jews before the war.

You are making my point; although, I don't think it is your intentions to support me.

We can't hate people for what they are. Many people would have me hate my neighbors because of what they are.

Look what going on in Northern NJ. The mayor is telling residents to call the cops because orthodox Jews are using the public parks.

gingertop

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:40 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

There's some territory between saying that bullying of their kids is ok (is anyone saying that? That's obviously wrong.) and actively coming out and praising them.

In every generation, there are those who rise against us and inevitably, there are Jewish people who are willing to prop up and excuse even the worst antisemites. One of the most painful things I ever read - unfortunately, I do not remember where- was of a German Jewish family in the 1930's. The daughter recounted how the Nazi campaign of terror made her own Jewish father view the Polish Jewish "greeners" with hatred and fear. He thought that they were dirty and made the Nazis hate them.

Let me turn your analogy on you. If there are a group of Orthodox Jews (I'll call them, Good Neighbors) who sat down with Rise Up Ocean County and claimed that Jews should not buy in certain areas because it manufactures anti-Semitism, who would go and daven outside the prison cell of someone who beat up a Chassid in Crown Heights, would you praise Good Neighbors for the neighborliness? I hope you wouldn't harass their children. But hopefully you would see them for what they are, a group that is הוציא עצמו מן הכלל and willing to throw their own brothers under the bus by standing with those who hate us.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:48 pm
Not sure why anyone is so scared to call a rasha a rasha. The Torah has no such hesitations. There are red lines that I can't accept someone crossing, as a frum Jew. And yes, their deeply held beliefs will absolutely affect my opinion on them.

I have no idea how this compares to what other nations think of me. That's not how I form opinions. I follow the Torah and use it as a guidebook in terms of right and wrong. Some behaviors are unquestionably wrong, and this is one of them. It's not a political belief, it's a form of anti semitism. Collaborating with the enemy to kill Jews.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 5:53 pm
gingertop wrote:
There's some territory between saying that bullying of their kids is ok (is anyone saying that? That's obviously wrong.) and actively coming out and praising them.

In every generation, there are those who rise against us and inevitably, there are Jewish people who are willing to prop up and excuse even the worst antisemites. One of the most painful things I ever read - unfortunately, I do not remember where- was of a German Jewish family in the 1930's. The daughter recounted how the Nazi campaign of terror made her own Jewish father view the Polish Jewish "greeners" with hatred and fear. He thought that they were dirty and made the Nazis hate them.

Let me turn your analogy on you. If there are a group of Orthodox Jews (I'll call them, Good Neighbors) who sat down with Rise Up Ocean County and claimed that Jews should not buy in certain areas because it manufactures anti-Semitism, who would go and daven outside the prison cell of someone who beat up a Chassid in Crown Heights, would you praise Good Neighbors for the neighborliness? I hope you wouldn't harass their children. But hopefully you would see them for what they are, a group that is הוציא עצמו מן הכלל and willing to throw their own brothers under the bus by standing with those who hate us.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THEIR POLITICS! IMO it's indefensible. I am merely speaking to what the poster said who told SB to move because they live on the same block.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics