Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
S/o new mishpacha jr serial
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 11:53 am
imasoftov wrote:
that, too

I gave an excerpt a few pages ago of a harry potter fanfiction rated for kids that used a similar literary device.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:00 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Being overly gashmius is against the Torah, whether the desire in question is food or relations.

Huge pet peeve of mine with frum serials.

It's the spiritual equivalent of replacing fat with sugar. It's no healthier, wont help you lose weight, and ultimately causes diabetes.

The serials place too much of an emphasis on gashmius? oh please. Only when trying to point out why its wrong.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:32 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I gave an excerpt a few pages ago of a harry potter fanfiction rated for kids that used a similar literary device.

That does not relate to my post.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:52 pm
These two girls were not originally attracted to each other s-xually, when they became friends. They had a certain emotional connection.

It appears that they became closer and closer, kinda like a crush. I think at this point they are unhealthy, not because they are in it for s-xual reasons, but because the nature of their relationship can lead to s-xual feelings at this point. Not so much as in wanting to get into bed together, but enough to cause arousal. There are too many indicators in the articles that can lend an arousing air to them.

As so many of us know, and as someone pointed out, in a healthy relationship where two friends 'get' each other so well, it's okay to love a female friend and to enjoy a hug. After all, Hashem created us in a way that we enjoy hugging our female friends, we get a comforting from it.

However, sometimes even in a healthy relationship, and for sure in an unhealthy relationship, some can become aroused from the 'emotional connection'. Someone quoted arousal nonconcordance. It's a very real, common thing.

As adults we can certainly be intuned to that. I don't know if teens have these issues because I have no experience, but I'm sure there are.

However, would I want my teen reading this? I don't think so. I think this would trigger her if she was having these kind of issues.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 12:55 pm
Did anyone contact Mishpacha? I'm super curious.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 21 2019, 1:54 pm
I don't think the story was deliberately intended to have the implications that it seems to have, and I think that if the writers and readers are innocent enough to miss it, it shouldn't be a problem. But why should the story be there if it is about such a specific situation, and about adults, not young teens?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 10:43 pm
This story alone isn't evidence that Mishpacha Magazine's office has been invaded by lesbians, but if you turn the page, there's a story called The Rainbow Girl?

Seashell

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 10:47 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
This story alone isn't evidence that Mishpacha Magazine's office has been invaded by lesbians, but if you turn the page, there's a story called The Rainbow Girl?

What’s wrong with this one? I dont want to see

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 10:49 pm
Seashell wrote:
What’s wrong with this one? I dont want to see

The name.

Seashell

Post Sat, Jun 22 2019, 10:56 pm
The name.

Ouch. Just googled it. I guess I’m pretty sheltered. This is BAD. Although I’m sure it was a mistake. Confused

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jun 23 2019, 7:55 pm
I emailed them. No response.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:13 am

I like rainbows.
Speaking of which, isn't it ironic rainbows is the sign for LGBTQ pride when it was the sign Hashem used to show he destroyed them all once?

It's a bit pathetic I cannot wear, like, or use rainbows because I'll "look" gay.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:34 am
Seashell wrote:
Ouch. Just googled it. I guess I’m pretty sheltered. This is BAD. Although I’m sure it was a mistake. Confused

The name has nothing to do with this serial that's being discussed. It's the title of the next serial, which seems to be about an out-of-the-box artistic girl with teacher issues. It's coincidence.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 7:40 am
LovesHashem wrote:
I like rainbows.
Speaking of which, isn't it ironic rainbows is the sign for LGBTQ pride when it was the sign Hashem used to show he destroyed them all once?

It's a bit pathetic I cannot wear, like, or use rainbows because I'll "look" gay.

There are other ironies, like the Israeli Olympics being called the Maccabi games.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 9:58 am
Rainbows are considered a bad omen.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:45 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I emailed them. No response.

They responded that it's about teens, which is plainly false. It says explicitly that it's her first job out of seminary.

I can only conclude that no one at Mishpacha has read it.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:22 pm
Just read a chapter of the infamous serial- this week's didn't sound ANYTHING like what was discussed in this thread. Just sayin'.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:24 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Just read a chapter of the infamous serial- this week's didn't sound ANYTHING like what was discussed in this thread. Just sayin'.

The story is winding down and the problem is being resolved, with the protagonist realizing the unhealthiness of the relationship.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:24 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Yeah- I think they read this thread cuz since we discussed it its been pretty blah

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 30 2019, 1:51 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
yeah, they cleaned it up
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room