Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What would you rather...?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:16 pm
Let's say a genie offered you one gift, and you had to choose. Would you rather
A) one million dollars (or equivalent in your currency)
or
B) one healthy child (or grandchild if you are past child-bearing years), but you cannot choose the gender?

Which would you choose and why? I'm purposely not putting a poll because the "why" to me is the more interesting part.

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:18 pm
Would that child be my only chance at having children, or my child’s only chance to have a baby? Then definitely I would choose to have a child. If I already had many children and was happy with the size of my family I would choose the money.

ectomorph

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:19 pm
One healthy child. Because money comesand goes

Last edited by ectomorph on Fri, May 17 2019, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:19 pm
Am I misunderstanding the question? I can't imagine anyone with a sick child would prefer a million dollars vs the health of that child. Do you think any will respond they'd rather a million dollars and have there child remain sick?

youngishbear

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:25 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Would that child be my only chance at having children, or my child’s only chance to have a baby? Then definitely I would choose to have a child. If I already had many children and was happy with the size of my family I would choose the money.

Same.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:26 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Same.

Same

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:41 pm
Money

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:48 pm
I would always choose another grandchild and I always tell them that they are worth more than a million dollars to me. I can live simply but want as many grandchildren as I can get.

giselle

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:52 pm
Personally I’d choose a child but it could be if I had many children I’d choose the money. I’m assuming you don’t mean healthy vs sick.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 6:54 pm
Child.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Zehava

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:08 pm
Money

Zehava

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:09 pm
Unless I had infertility and was dying for a child then obviously the child. But at this moment in time I’d choose the money so we can buy a house for our existing kids to live in.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:11 pm
Child
Bh we have enough money.
I think that makes a difference too. If someone was struggling with finances on a daily bases it would make sense to want the money.
It's very easy to say child if you are wealthy.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:17 pm
Money to help the children I already have.

Who needs a child when youre past childbearing age, unless you can become young again and relive your life, it makes no sense.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:19 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I would always choose another grandchild and I always tell them that they are worth more than a million dollars to me. I can live simply but want as many grandchildren as I can get.

Who will help with all the down payments needed?

Adult kids and grandkids paying rent for longer than they have to, is a big waste, and prices of homes always go up.

southernbubby

Post Fri, May 17 2019, 7:28 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Who will help with all the down payments needed?

Adult kids and grandkids paying rent for longer than they have to, is a big waste, and prices of homes always go up.

Some of them made it on their own.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 1:36 pm
If I could make my existing child healthy, I would chose the child.

If I could not make her healthy, I would take the money and set up a college fund for her. She will still have struggles, but at least she could go to the university she has her heart set on.

I don't want anything more for myself.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 1:58 pm
I have b" h two healthy children, want more but am young and don't expect problems, so I'd take the money.

BUT if I knew that if I took the money then I would never have another healthy child, then I'd take a child instead.

Basically, the chance of me having a healthy child without a genie is pretty high, and the chance of me getting a million dollars is pretty low, so I'd take the money.

Iymnok

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 3:57 pm
I’m sure that there are are some of us here with a large income and many healthy children. I guess if that were me, I’d take the money and pass it on. You just can’t pass on a child to your friend who’s suffering from infertility.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 18 2019, 4:51 pm
Iymnok wrote:
You just can’t pass on a child to your friend who’s suffering from infertility.

Not true. How do you think I adopted DD? Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics