Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Meaning of the name Ita?
Previous  1  2  3  4

GAMZu

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 12:06 am
OP, I want to commend you for not resorting to nastiness, but keeping your cool and posting diplomatically.

Your posts are pleasant to read, especially in light of some other post(er)s.

A note to some other posters: as someone on imamother mentioned before, she has a hard time being civil during hormonal times. That is understandable. May I suggest you refrain from posting at those times? One suggestion would be to unplug the keyboard while browsing imamother.

The name Ita is nice. I have heard Yita, also. I know a few people named Yitty.

Just for the record, "amother at 2:10" didn't make a negative comment at all. She didn't say she didn't like the name Ita. She said she didn't like the nickname Itty. Not even near the same orbit as saying "the name Ita is disgusting and you'll subject your daughter to a lifetime of suffering."

amother

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 3:28 am
I hate my name but I haven't had a life tiem of suffering Wink

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:37 am
GAMZu wrote:
A note to some other posters: as someone on Imamother mentioned before, she has a hard time being civil during hormonal times.

Actually, I was joking. If I was NOT, it's pretty meanof you to say that in front of the whole board. Your PMs work, don't they?

GAMZu wrote:
Not even near the same orbit as saying "the name Ita is disgusting and you'll subject your daughter to a lifetime of suffering."

I didn't say that b'feirush, but I DO have a flair for the dramatic. Sue me.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 11:03 am
necha can be from nechama or menucha

shanie5

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 1:06 pm
Ruchel wrote:
necha can be from nechama or menucha

now u tell me............
my dd named after necha is chana (as I previously posted), but my next dd is menucha!!! (does this mean I have 2 girls named for my grandmother shock LOL

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 1:11 pm
lol!!! could be!

amother

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 1:51 pm
I hate my given name, I have always hated it and always will. I won't say it has ruined my life but I will say it has caused me a good deal of anguish. Not true--the name is innocent and has done nothing to hurt me, but the stupid, insensitive clods who think they're soooooo witty have me dancing perilously close to committing justifiable homicide.

When ds was born were very careful to pick nice-sounding names that didn't have negative meanings in any language we were familiar with (we had no way of knowing it means "indigestion" in Bantu LOL ), easy to pronounce, hard to distort (loved the name Eli but you just know they'll make it Jelly Belly one day), hard to misspell--or so we thought. Since then we've learned that there is no such thing as a name that people can't corrupt, misspell or mispronounce--and not just because they're Japanese so Leizer becomes Razor.

To top it off, the names we thought were so beautiful, and still do, ds hates with a passion. "UUUUUGH, what were you thinking?????" Rolling Eyes
As a parent, you can't win.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 3:03 pm
My parents always said, if they wanted me to be called by my Jewish name, they would have named me that. Sad

amother

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 3:38 pm
I think I posted this once before. My daughters middle name is Itta. We wanted a more "modern" hebrew name & one from Tanach. DD simply asked "what's wrong with Itta?"

amother

Post Sat, Dec 22 2007, 1:24 pm
I've head that ita comes from itla but dont ask me what that means ;-) Maybe someone here knows?
btw. I love the name! Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 22 2007, 2:41 pm
Names start "simple". Ita, Gitta... came first. Then came nicknames: Itka, Itla, Ittel, Itty... and Gittel, Gittla, Gitty...
Actually Gitta came from Gutta, from German "gut". Contrary to Itta, it's not of Jewish origin, but got integrated.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 3:02 pm
nechama is a great name I think I might use it.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 25 2007, 3:37 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

anyway, I know who you are, OP.

I cannot STAND when you say this cm, can someone say intimidation?

Stop being a bully, and think about your posts. If someone doesn't want to hear what you have to say, why continue to post?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
anyway, I know who you are, OP.I cannot STAND when you say this cm, can someone say intimidation?

I don't say it for intimidation. I say it so OP knows to disguise herself better.

amother wrote:
Stop being a bully, and think about your posts.

You obviously don't know what a bully is, if you think "I'm" one.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 12:27 pm
Is it possible that Itta is a feminine version of the name Itamar?

My uncle's mother was named Ita but with 2 of the 5 married children having MILs named Ita and KA"H only boys being born, my uncle went almost 3 years (with KA"H a number of grandchildren being born) before one of my cousins (after talking to their Rav) named their son Itamar.

gryp

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 12:32 pm
I don't think so, Kmelion, because Ita is with a Tes, and Itamar is with a Taf/Saf, depending on how you pronounce it.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:39 pm
ita with the name ita. {I totally agree }

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 4:42 pm
I actually like the name a lot. but then again, I also love all the "ita"s in my life. could be an association thing.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names