Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What effect will NYT scandal have on Jews and non-Jews
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:33 pm
I think you are not supposed to believe l"h on a grand rabbi. One would really think that the Grand Rabbi is above wrongdoings like that. That said doesn't mean his helper people are innocent or guilty of the accusations. Many times the Rabbi in charge does not know the details of what goes on beneath him.

madys

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:39 pm
Clarissa wrote:
but you make it sound like those who collect WIC are doing something illegal!

Clarissa wrote:
I don't think this is really a response to anything I said -- I didn't talk about any programs in this thread.

I just wanted to make it clear that I do not think the people on these programs are doing anything wrong, just the people that cheat and lie to get into them.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:42 pm
Unfortunately, this type of money laundering is very wide spread in many Jewish institutions. (obviously, non Jewish too)

This is how it works: Mr. rich guy gives a $100,000 check to some Yeshiva. The Yeshiva gives him back $95,000 in cash. Mr. rich guy gets a $35,000 tax deduction, and the Yeshiva gets an easy $5000.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:43 pm
It is very unfortunate and very very sad that very many mosdos need to resort to money laundering to keep their heads above water. Been there, done that, but stopped B"H.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:47 pm
madys wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Clarissa wrote:
I don't think this is really a response to anything I said -- I didn't talk about any programs in this thread.

I just wanted to make it clear that I do not think the people on these programs are doing anything wrong, just the people that cheat and lie to get into them.

Just btw, it was not clarrissa who wrote that. You quoted incorrectly.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 2:55 pm
Definitely. I don't know what WIC is.

madys

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 9:29 am
My mistake - sorry... I was very tired yesterday, and must have misread the comments...

amother

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:38 am
These were federal charges. FBI. They have wires, paper trails, and all kinds of warrants signed by judges before they could make these arrests. No local yokel DA's office involved here. This is a terrible Chillul Hashem.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Dec 21 2007, 10:58 am
madys wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Clarissa wrote:

The first quote is mine Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics