Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anyone worried about Shabbosbrushups product safety?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 25 2019, 11:22 pm
Shabbosbrushups is a small company that probably has their products made for them alone. Who else wants powder lipstick?

How do we know the ingredients arent carcinogenic or toxic?

Those who buy it, have you thought about that there are no safety ratings?

NYX is a well known company that makes a Powder lipstick, and much more likely tests their products to prevent lawsuits.

Is this product permissible on Shabbos?

https://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p......html

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 25 2019, 11:54 pm
NYX is a lip cream with a powder look finish, not powder. Also only certain pigments are allowed halachikly even when it is a full powder product.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, May 25 2019, 11:59 pm
Check out 7th day shine, another shabbos makeup company. She seems very knowledgeable about the ingredients she uses and in general into using safety in her products.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:17 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Check out 7th day shine, another shabbos makeup company. She seems very knowledgeable about the ingredients she uses and in general into using safety in her products.

No matter what I do, the Contact Us form says I havent put an @ in my email address. Something is wrong. Maybe someone else can ask, and post the answer here.

Id like to ask:

Have these products been tested for safety (do they have carcinogenic or toxic ingredients)?

Thank you.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:15 am
Bare Minerals is vegan, cruelty free, and safe to wear. The loose powders all comply with Shabbos rules.

I don't understand why people go out of their way to buy "Shabbos make-up", when there are so many other loose mineral brands out there that are just as good or better, and often at better prices.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:54 am
I have all the options for Shabbos makeup but does anyone have the issue that they need moisturizer and primer before to make the makeup look normal? Any solution for that? I feel like I'm the only one with this problem!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:16 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Bare Minerals is vegan, cruelty free, and safe to wear. The loose powders all comply with Shabbos rules.

I don't understand why people go out of their way to buy "Shabbos make-up", when there are so many other loose mineral brands out there that are just as good or better, and often at better prices.

Interesting.

Does Bare Minerals make a Lip Powder, or another powder, such as a a blush powder, usable for lips?

Is there a Rav who gave the Psak that Bare Minerals powders are good for use on Shabbos?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No matter what I do, the Contact Us form says I havent put an @ in my email address. Something is wrong. Maybe someone else can ask, and post the answer here.

Id like to ask:

Have these products been tested for safety (do they have carcinogenic or toxic ingredients)?

Thank you.

You can email them 7thdayshine@gmail.com.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 2:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shabbosbrushups is a small company that probably has their products made for them alone. Who else wants powder lipstick?

How do we know the ingredients arent carcinogenic or toxic?

Those who buy it, have you thought about that there are no safety ratings?

NYX is a well known company that makes a Powder lipstick, and much more likely tests their products to prevent lawsuits.

Is this product permissible on Shabbos?

https://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p......html

Does the product have FDA approval?

Does it only contain ingredients that other FDA-approved products contain?

chanatron1000

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:24 pm
Cosmetic products don't need FDA approval, but the ingredients need to be approved. However, there is probably no reason to suspect a particular company of not following the rules, unless you have seen evidence of wrongdoing. What would be their motive?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 1:50 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
Cosmetic products don't need FDA approval, but the ingredients need to be approved. However, there is probably no reason to suspect a particular company of not following the rules, unless you have seen evidence of wrongdoing. What would be their motive?

Brand name cosmetics are rated on EWG from a 1 to a 10, 1 being the least toxic, 10 being the most toxic/carcinogenic.

I would imagine the toxic ingredients are easier and cheaper to get, so a company thats not a brand name, with no testing, would more likely use because no one is looking down their shoulder.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 2:17 am
On the other hand, big companies have big lawyers, and small companies have small lawyers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics