Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO new chicken recipes/ideas

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 1:26 pm
I want to make a new chicken recipe for shabbos. DH doesn't especially like sweet chicken though. He really enjoys chicken with olive oil, garlic, salt, paprika, etc. but I'm a bit bored of that and I think he is too. Any suggestions?

smile

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 1:42 pm
how about with mushroom? I got one for on the stove.

cook 1 tin of mushroom with 1 cup of water and 1 one cup of white wine.( I usually do 2 cups of water and no wine) +1 tbsp mushroom soup mix and 1 tbsp chicken soupmix and a dash of pepper. when hot put in the chicken which you already sprinkled garlic powder on.
cook for 1 hour. and eat

yentaof8

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 1:53 pm
I've got a great recipe but it is on the sweet side but it's delicious. In fact it's called Million Dollar chicken:
4 oz. french dressing
8 oz. apricot preserves
2 Tbsp onion soup mix
onion powder
garlic powder
sliced onion

Place sliced onion on bottom of 9x13 pan. place chicken on top of onions.Sprinkle onion powder and garlic powder on chicken. Mix 1st 3 ingredients together and pour over chicken. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 1 hour.

ENJOY!

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 1:53 pm
Thanks, Smile. That sounds like a good idea. DH loves mushrooms. I always have a dilemma when it comes to cooking chicken for shabbos, though. There are so many more options for chickens with sauces, but then I can't serve it shabbos day because its liquid. Maybe I'll try this chicken for Friday night and make something dry for shabbos day. Thanks again Smile

EsaEinai

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 1:55 pm
Lol yentaof8, thats a catchy name for a chicken recipe! It sounds delicious, I'll run the ingredients by DH and see whether or not they appeal to him (as he generally doesn't crave sweet, but there are always exceptions).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey