Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
URG: Bnos melochim has 7speakers - list here -do U know them
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:25 pm
Who are Bnos Melochim exactly? What are their main usual points thruout the year. They organized a speach for tonight. My daughter has enough add on chumros already.
The speakers are:
R Meilech Biderman.
R Dovid Ashear (will it be a given that he will speak Emuna? ).
Rebezin Leah Kolodesky.
Rebezin Yemima Mizrachi - so far I liked her speaches.
Rebetzin Chavy Koenig?
And 2 others... Do you know which others? What's their style? Anyone is the type that makes you improve thru depressing first? (Many speakers I know are ) Any of them is repetitive like OCD?
Speach is in Williamsburg. Yes I get skeptical and research. After YR did cult damage 10 years ago I do research first -yeah I know he has improved recently.
Thanks a lot in advance, You can PM me if you prefer.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:40 am; edited 7 times in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:29 pm
Years ago I went to the first two Bnos Melochim events. The focus was on the pnimius of a woman and tznius. But it was in a positive light. Not a shiur with rules. It was basically divrei chizuk for woman and girls. But maybe it's different now.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, May 28 2019, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:44 pm
too tired wrote:
Who are Bnos Melochim exactly? What are their main usual points thruout the year. They organized a speach for tonight. My daughter has enough add on chumros already.
The speakers are:
R Meilech Biderman.
R Dovid Ashear (will it be a given that he will speak Emuna? ).
Rebezin Leah Kolodesky.
Rebezin Yemima Mizrachi - so far I liked her speaches.
Rebetzin Chavy Koenig?
And 2 others... Do you know which others? What's their style? Anyone is the type that makes you improve thru depressing first? (Many speakers I know are ) Any of them if repetitive like OCD?
Speach is in Williamsburg. Yes I get skeptical and research. After YR did cult damage 10 years ago I do research first -yeah I know he has improved recently.
Thanks a lot in advance, You can PM me if you prefer.

Who's YR?

Sorry, I can't help with the question but I'm curious.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:54 pm
I'll PM you about YR because it wi derail the question and I wamt to hear about any possible radicalism before I allow my daughter to go.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:57 pm
I’m also curious who YR is.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:59 pm
too tired wrote:
I'll PM you about YR because it wi derail the question and I wamt to hear about any possible radicalism before I allow my daughter to go.

There shouldn't be any radicalism . It should be inspirational. The ones I went to were headed by Mrs. Shaindy Kleinman who started shmiras halashon campaigns when I was young. And then I believe she was one of the pioneers to start Bnos Melochim.
Back in the day it went by Rabbi Falks Sefer. There were groups set up to learn a Halacha a day type of thing. But I'm sure it has changed over the years as the newer issues arise each year.

sequoia

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:59 pm
Is she just going to take everything she hears seriously and try to incorporate it in her own life without looking up sources or asking your advice?

seeker

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:03 pm
Pretty sure it's the positive chizuk type of idea.

Chava Koenig is a seminary principal and was my teacher before she started that. I knew her as highly intellectual and at times a little esoteric and always very fast-paced, so I imagine she has had to tweak her style to work with her current position - I was surprised to see she's branched out to this kind of forum but I'm excited to see what she comes out with here as I always enjoyed her classes immensely. She is brilliant.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:07 pm
I stay away from these things. Such events don't inspire a generation such as ours.
I always emphasize to my children that tznius is an inner compass, a sensitivity, an inner feeling where you just know if something is ok or not refined.
I have to keep gently reminding them to listen to their inner selves and trust what they feel is right, because they're getting the wrong messages from the outside. The whole 4 inches below the knee, skirt x above ankle, etc has no basis in halacha and squashes ones natural compasses within. I don't want my children to lose that sensitivity. I want them to follow tznius the way it is meant to be followed. I don't want it stuffed down their throats, especially ridiculous rules that have no basis in halacha and make people resentful and lose their true compass in the process.
ETA: We don't follow R Falk's book and these things are really not for us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:10 pm
Cnc, Ill PM you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:12 pm
I already told her that after 7 speakers and 2 main points of each she will have 14 new ideas and urges to implement and if she takes on herself one of 14 its the max. She already has from school the no drinking from a bottle only undressing in bathroom etc etc etc. I told her if she picks done bein odom lechavero and socializing Im OK (she needs a boost there) but that it's still pending opinion Im asking.

sequoia

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:18 pm
too tired wrote:
I already told her that after 7 speakers and 2 main points of each she will have 14 new ideas and urges to implement and if she takes on herself one of 14 its the max. She already has from school the no drinking from a bottle only undressing in bathroom etc etc etc. I told her if she picks done bein odom lechavero and socializing Im OK (she needs a boost there) but that it's still pending opinion Im asking.

Not drinking from a bottle... of water?

That sounds problematic when you’re out and about trying to stay hydrated. Especially with summer coming.

Any reason?

seeker

Yeah 7 speakers in one event sounds like major overkill, not sure what the idea is

amother
OP

But seeker, is she positive? Is she radical? Does she say more musar -negative - or more nice divrei torah and positive cute hashkofa? What is esotheric? TIA (its going to be 7 speakers in 2 hours)

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:25 pm
sequoia wrote:

That sounds problematic when you’re out and about trying to stay hydrated. Especially with summer coming.

Any reason?

They said drink only from a straw. This and other "great" tsnius undertakings were not part of official class. It was during lunch room assemblies. I always told the girls that these extra things are blineder things if they take on themselves.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:37 pm
too tired wrote:
But seeker, is she positive? Is she radical? Does she say more musar -negative - or more nice divrei torah and positive cute hashkofa? What is esotheric? TIA (its going to be 7 speakers in 2 hours)

Not radical and most importantly not "cute" or fluffy. More deep. That's what I recall about her seminary classes somethingteen years ago, so like I said I'm not sure how she tailors her style to large public chizuk gatherings as opposed to small academic classes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:41 pm
I wonder if it will be varied nice shiurim that dont bash down or push down teeanagers. What If I get the recordings later and hear one by one? She was part of plenty social events last 7 days and although some friends are going, Im skeptical.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:41 pm
sequoia wrote:

Any reason?

Yes. Sounds kooky to me. And why can’t she undress in her private bedroom.
Chava Koenig was my teacher and I highly doubt she’d say anything of this sort. I agree with seeker’s characterization of her. She does happen to be very influential/persuasive as I remember from sem.
Isn’t Rebbetzin Kolodetsky the daughter of Rav Chaim Kanievsky?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:46 pm
Mizrachi I would trust. She is humorous and the same time makes you feel like a queen

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:47 pm
Ashears 3 -4books on Emuna are OK

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 17 2019, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries