Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby has pnemonia 😥
Previous  1  2

sneakermom

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:49 pm
Will daven for him by Lecha tzinden

crust

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He was doing great all day but now he's starting his his coughing again. Hope we won't need to go to hosp on shbbs. Please daven for ahron Ben fruma

Please take him to an urgent care. Please. Hashem doesn't want you to prepare for Shabbos now. This can escalate to pikuach nefesh in minutes.

Good Shabbos

tweety1

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He was doing great all day but now he's starting his his coughing again. Hope we won't need to go to hosp on shbbs. Please daven for ahron Ben fruma

The coughing doesn't necessarily mean a big deal. It's really how his breathing is after he calms down. Monitor his breathing closely. I find with bronchitis, that once the nebulizer meds kick in the coughing gets stronger, in a way for the body to get rid of all the mucus. Don't get me wrong, I'm petrified every time cuz it sounds very scary, but in reality it's actually a good thing. I dunno abt your case, but maybe it's the same idea.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 6:56 pm
crust wrote:
Please take him to an urgent care. Please. Hashem doesn't want you to prepare for Shabbos now. This can escalate to pikuach nefesh in minutes.

Good Shabbos

My pediatrician told me to give him another dose of prednisone. If that doesn't work within 2-4 hiurs, then I'll brrijf him now

applesbananas

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 7:12 pm
Zithromax is only effective against certain organisms and will not help for anything viral. If the fever persists I would suggest seeing an infectious disease doctor to make sure the correct antibiotic is being used. Monitor the child closely. Refua shlaima

crust

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 7:26 pm
tweety1 wrote:
The coughing doesn't necessarily mean a big deal. It's really how his breathing is after he calms down. Monitor his breathing closely. I find with bronchitis, that once the nebulizer meds kick in the coughing gets stronger, in a way for the body to get rid of all the mucus. Don't get me wrong, I'm petrified every time cuz it sounds very scary, but in reality it's actually a good thing. I dunno abt your case, but maybe it's the same idea.

But if its a pneumonia the child may need oxygen to have the strength to be able to cough up that mucus.

crust

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 10:31 pm
How's your baby OP? I'm concerned.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 10:45 pm
crust wrote:
How's your baby OP? I'm concerned.

Thanks for your concern! He's def doing better. The extra dose of prednisone really kicked in 2 hours later and made his breathing way better. We set the nebulizer on a Shabbos clock so we used it every 4 hours. (Can't use Albuterol more often than that).
His fever went away on Friday BH. I made another appt at pediatrician cuz his eyes now are full of green discharge.

crust

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 10:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for your concern! He's def doing better. The extra dose of prednisone really kicked in 2 hours later and made his breathing way better. We set the nebulizer on a Shabbos clock so we used it every 4 hours. (Can't use Albuterol more often than that).
His fever went away on Friday BH. I made another appt at pediatrician cuz his eyes now are full of green discharge.

Bh! Thanks for the update.
I'm very nervous when something is breathing related.
Wishing your baby a Refuah shliema soon
And a few peacefull nights for you!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 10:52 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Zithromax is only effective against certain organisms and will not help for anything viral. If the fever persists I would suggest seeing an infectious disease doctor to make sure the correct antibiotic is being used. Monitor the child closely. Refua shlaima

Theres nothing to take for viral pnemonia. He was already on omnicef for a ear infection... while he got pnemonia,so ped switched him to zithromax. Going back to Dr Tom to recheck him out

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 01 2019, 10:54 pm
crust wrote:
Bh! Thanks for the update.
I'm very nervous when something is breathing related.
Wishing your baby a Refuah shliema soon
And a few peacefull nights for you!

I have asthma myself so I'm pretty familiar with nebluizers, wheezing and coughing!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics