Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
High lipids in toddler

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 3:28 am
It is due to a medication, so don’t know if dietary changes can necessarily help...
Has anyone heard of giving omega 3 to combat it? Not understanding how that works.

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:14 am
There is some information missing here.
Which medication?
Who prescribed it and why?
Have you asked them already about it?
I'd turn to the doctor who prescribed it or to a pediatrician rather than try things on your own, also to avoid side effects and interactions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:05 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
There is some information missing here.
Which medication?
Who prescribed it and why?
Have you asked them already about it?
I'd turn to the doctor who prescribed it or to a pediatrician rather than try things on your own, also to avoid side effects and interactions.

Knowing the name & reason prescribed of meds won’t help you. (Rare condition. Led doesn’t know anything about med btw)
Point is, meds caused high cholesterol. Dr says there’s nothing to do because it’s caused by Med. I did hear though that omega 3 can help so wondering if anyone knows more about it.
If after I know more Info seems like something worth trying- I will speak to Dr about it. But I need to come like an educated consumer as Dr is not into alternative stuff (even something like probiotics).
Also, it definitely won’t cause interactions or side effects with the med.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:39 am
Dietary cholesterol has very little bearing in cholesterol levels. There is also a school of thought that high cholesterol can be good for you because it seems as though for many years, researchers did not publish their results in entirety. apparently just as many or more people with low cholesterol die of cardiac events as people with high. Do some research about these emerging theories. You might feel less anxious if you learn about these things. And refuah shlemah to your child!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:41 am
andrea levy wrote:
Dietary cholesterol has very little bearing in cholesterol levels. There is also a school of thought that high cholesterol can be good for you because it seems as though for many years, researchers did not publish their results in entirety. apparently just as many or more people with low cholesterol die of cardiac events as people with high. Do some research about these emerging theories. You might feel less anxious if you learn about these things. And refuah shlemah to your child!

Thank you! That’s helpful! I’ll look into this.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:43 am
I give my older child Omega 3s for ADHD. The biggest issue is that the plant based omegas dont work as well (that is what is sold in my kosher aisle in chewable form) and the fish based is very hard to get a kid to take if they can not swallow pills. The liquid version tastes pretty gross.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics