Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Who are your favorite frum Instagram influencers?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:02 am
I would've put this under "blogs and social media", but I want the thread to be anon enabled so I get a broader response.

I'm in the preliminary stages of launching a service targeting frum women and want to promote it on Instagram in a few months.

Who are your favorite Instagram accounts, whose recommendations you would trust? For this service, I believe I'd get a better bang for my buck promoting it on social media than in traditional print media.

Thanks!

Edited to add: With Yael's permission: I will IY"H be teaching a newborn photography workshop in Lakewood, November 3-4, and am researching ways to promote this course. All ideas are welcome! Smile

Last edited by TranquilityAndPeace on Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:13 am
I don't trust anything Instagram influencers promote. That's just my personal opinion, so don't mind me lol.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:14 am
I like syrian in israel but she doesn't promote anything lol.

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:30 am
asmileaday wrote:
I don't trust anything Instagram influencers promote. That's just my personal opinion, so don't mind me lol.

This

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:35 am
asmileaday wrote:

Very much this. They are, for lack of a better term, nogeah bdavar. And frankly, they are annoying and I don't follow any of them.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:36 am
asmileaday wrote:

I am pretty skeptical myself, so I hear you loud and clear!

Curious, are you an avid user of Instagram? If so, what is the appeal to you, if most of what you're seeing are lies?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:37 am
I really like raizycooking. she hardly does promotions and even if she does she offers so many cool ideas and content that I don't mind.
I follow a lot of "influencers" but I don't feel influenced. I sift thru for the parts that interest me.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:38 am
Im totally clueless about Instagram influencers.

What are they trying to influence?

Sebastian

I like following the smaller accounts that dont promote anything or post a zillion stories

mha3484

I follow actual stores, companies or recipe blogs etc. I like to see the products before I buy or make it myself. I dont follow anyone who is trying to sell me something indirectly.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:40 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Im totally clueless about Instagram influencers.

What are they trying to influence?

They get paid to promote a variety of products and services, and influence their followers to purchase those items.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:40 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I am pretty skeptical myself, so I hear you loud and clear!

Curious, are you an avid user of Instagram? If so, what is the appeal to you, if most of what you're seeing are lies?

I check instagram a couple times a day (I'm a photographer too, hi) but I don't follow anyone who "influences" this way. Even promoting your own product would very quickly garner an unfollow from me. It's very annoying. That being said, I do get why you would say it's more bang for your buck.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:45 am
The only instagram "influencer" I follow is PeasLoveandCarrots. She seems very "real" and says she doesn't promote anything for money and only recommends products she uses and likes.
I can't stand the other "Frum" influencers who all seem stuck-up, unrealistic, and really empty.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:53 am
Lol, of course we are all above that and would never care about influencers and if anything, it makes us less likely to follow Rolling Eyes There's a reason the being an Instagram Influencer is a big deal and makes the big bucks. It works. There are way more people who go for it than people proclaiming here that they would never. Personally, I don't use Instagram at all in my personal life, but I'm a professional social media coordinator, and yes, the company I work for pays influencers to work with us and it does help us meet our targets quite nicely. Influencing works, and there can be big money in it.

That said, I don't know much about the frum influencers. I think I heard Eitan Bernath (the kosher Chopped boy) is an influencer these days. Flatbush Girl is pretty big, although I think she's burned bridges with both MO and RW communities at this point, so if you're looking to market to frum people, I'd stay away from her.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:54 am
Favorite is an interesting adjective for this category of social media. These are some of the frum but not necessarily tsnius fashion accounts I find intriguing. Admittedly, I follow them in the same manner some watch the Kardashians, with a combination of amusement and "horror."

themommydictionary
thestylishmommy
esthersanter
chefchaya
halachicallyhaute
eishesstyle
sara.arielle
hassidic.hipster.girl
fashionbytamar

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:22 am
I find most of these influencers very fake, so I don’t follow them. I know one personally and her page is so inconsistent from her real life that I guess I got turned off. I also feel that if you need to show the world how perfect your life is, then there is likely something lacking. Although none of my business I guess. When I used to post on Instagram, of course I only posted the perfect pictures. I’m sure not all influencers are like that, especially if they’re focusing mostly on a service and not their personal lives, but I have no interest in following. I just follow friends.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:37 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I really like raizycooking. she hardly does promotions and even if she does she offers so many cool ideas and content that I don't mind.
I follow a lot of "influencers" but I don't feel influenced. I sift thru for the parts that interest me.

Lol! She does a TON of promotion.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:39 am
I don't trust any of the products they promote, and it's b come so over the top I now only follow ppl who don't do it.

But I know I am in the minority.

Most people lap up what they see.

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:42 am
I only follow some cooking ones, I won't buy a product bc they're hyping it but I do like finding out about new frum stuff and then doing my own research.

Chef chaya
Overtime cook
Peas love n carrots
Cooking _chic
No way that's healthy

A whole different area is photography like I know Chana blumes photo does tons of promo but honestly I don't like watching her or other stories unless I literally have time to kill

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 8:45 am
It seems that the Imamother folks of the smartest of them all!

Perhaps I should buy advertising here from Yael, and get a savvier audience than I would from Instagram!

I don't think it would be ethical to write about what I want to promote here, as its fairly unique.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media