Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Who are your favorite frum Instagram influencers?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:22 pm
FYI - all the big influencers get results. I don't think you even need to filter for the "trustworthy" ones. When BusyInBrooklyn recommends a product, the stores sell out, and she's one of the least reliable. Doesn't matter if it's actually good. As long as they give it the enthusiasm, the masses of sheep will follow.

solo

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:02 pm
Raizy’s cooking just did a series with a photographer. Maybe it’s saved in her highlights

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:08 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
There are laws about this, about being transparent about being paid or receiving something for promotion, etc.

There are some very popular frum accounts who have not followed this, and when I messaged them to ask what they think about this, said they're busy now and they'll get back to me... another one explained to me why it's not good for her business to do that (I actually disagree, but that's not the point, that's why the law is there).

@overtimecook, Miriam Pascal, for example, is super transparent and will hashtag "sponsored" or "client" very clearly on the stories where she uses those products. She is passionate about this. There are such accounts. She says she values her followers' trust above all, and while they all say that, they don't all follow through.

Some of the accounts have gotten slightly better, if you look carefully, will now hashtag sponsored in the first of their multiple hashtags at the end of the post. And I am pretty sure one of them at least edited now to add that to old posts.

It bothers me a lot, not sure why. I guess I feel if the Bachelorette influencers make it clear, why aren't the frum accounts?

I’m actually a lawyer and spoke to a few of these influencers about it and showed them the law. Like you said they responded well and write sponsored on their hashtags

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:33 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I just got permission from Yael (thanks, Yael!) to post the subject of what I would like to promote.

IY"H November 3rd and 4th, I will be teaching a newborn photography course in Lakewood.

The course will be 9-5 for 2 consecutive days, and further support for Q&A, photo critique, etc.

We will have 4 newborn babies on each day, and learn how to run a successful newborn photography business.

My target audience is women who have beginner or intermediate photography skills, and would like to specialize in newborn photography, add the newborn genre to their existing photography business, or improve their newborn photos.

Since I don't follow the recipe bloggers or beauty bloggers, what I'm wondering is this: Who are the frum Instagram accounts who have the trust of their followers? I'd like to pay some of these "influencers" to promote my course.

Will Yael let you start a new post? I think a lot of amothers might miss this if they don't care about frum instagramers, or already checked out this thread.

If you want to go with a print ad you should probably do The Voice. You may also want to put on The Lakewood Scoop, pretty much everyone checks it out.

Yael

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:17 pm
Tranquility and Peace has paid in advance for a sponsored post that will be put up when she is ready.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:35 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
This changes things. I think you'll find your target audience on your own page. You shouldn't need to post about it more than 3-4 times spread out over a month to fill up your class. Also do a written ad, in addition to talking about it, because as much as I love your page I never listen to any of the talks (not specifically you, I don't listen to anyone talk on their stories). I do read written ads/captions though.

So you only look at Instagram posts, but not the stories?

I'll definitely give myself a good deal promoting my course on my page LOL! I'm also looking to promote it elsewhere!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:38 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Hey, I may be interested. Pricing?

I haven't decided precisely yet, somewhere around $2k for the 2 day workshop plus access to an online support group for questions, constructive criticism on your photos, etc.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
FYI - all the big influencers get results. I don't think you even need to filter for the "trustworthy" ones. When BusyInBrooklyn recommends a product, the stores sell out, and she's one of the least reliable. Doesn't matter if it's actually good. As long as they give it the enthusiasm, the masses of sheep will follow.

Interesting perspective!

However, you're probably referring to food ingredients or cookware. Is that correct?

I would be promoting an educational course for around $2,000. Consumer sheep don't drop $2K because an influencer suggested it! At least the sheep I know, LOL!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:45 pm

I'll definitely give myself a good deal promoting my course on my page LOL! I'm also looking to promote it elsewhere!

I do look at stories, but I never listen to people talking. Ever. I'll stop if I see a nice picture, or a written "post".

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:55 pm
Dash n whisk is my fav!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:16 pm
Hey! I'm Homegrown Kosher
I see a couple of you mentioned you like my page and I'm blushing!
I've been on Imamother loooong before Instagram so that actually really means a lot to me Smile

I am an influencer, I guess, but I don't make my living on it, that's my what my Bakery is for.
I don't promote many brands, though. One of the reasons is that I'm up front that I won't do it without very clearly indicating it in every story. I lost one brand after they got mad at me for doing that Can't Believe It The other is that I won't promote any brands I don't believe in and stand behind. So it ends up that I turn away more than I accept.

When you see me talking about another account or business without saying anything (just did that a couple days ago) then I'm doing it for free. I love promoting other frum women in business gratis because I believe we all should support each other!

There are some really sweet "big" influencers out there. I've met them in person and I'm actually friends with a couple of them of them. One person I highly recommend is Naomi Nachman. She is one of the nicest and most genuine women I know. She has helped me out so many times. She was a big influence for me in helping and promoting other frum women business owners. I'd definitely recommend her if you're looking for a "big" one.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:43 am
I'm a thread killer LOL
And this isn't the first time I've done this. What is it? Do I have spinach stuck between my teeth or something?
Tongue Out

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:07 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Hey! I'm Homegrown Kosher
I see a couple of you mentioned you like my page and I'm blushing!
I've been on Imamother loooong before Instagram so that actually really means a lot to me Smile

I am an influencer, I guess, but I don't make my living on it, that's my what my Bakery is for.
I don't promote many brands, though. One of the reasons is that I'm up front that I won't do it without very clearly indicating it in every story. I lost one brand after they got mad at me for doing that Can't Believe It The other is that I won't promote any brands I don't believe in and stand behind. So it ends up that I turn away more than I accept.

When you see me talking about another account or business without saying anything (just did that a couple days ago) then I'm doing it for free. I love promoting other frum women in business gratis because I believe we all should support each other!

There are some really sweet "big" influencers out there. I've met them in person and I'm actually friends with a couple of them of them. One person I highly recommend is Naomi Nachman. She is one of the nicest and most genuine women I know. She has helped me out so many times. She was a big influence for me in helping and promoting other frum women business owners. I'd definitely recommend her if you're looking for a "big" one.

Hi!

I need to buy some bread from your bakery next time I'm in Monsey! Sourdough is so intriguing, but I can't see myself making it at this point!

And I truly appreciate your approach to promotion - that's exactly my style: Only promote what I believe in, tell my audience when an ad is an ad, and promote friends:)

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:40 am

I think she means to "caption" your story, as in write what your promoting. I don't really listen to the stories, but I watch them..

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:49 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I'm a thread killer LOL
And this isn't the first time I've done this. What is it? Do I have spinach stuck between my teeth or something?
Tongue Out

Such an “influencer” 🙄

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:01 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Such an “influencer” 🙄

I'm not sure what you mean but I'm going to take it as a joke on my joke lol

I'm a very long time poster here so if you'd see my screen name you might understand what I'm talking about. I have a history of killing threads, being the last post on a thread... LOL

And I'm going anon because I don't remember what I've shared under my screen name over my long time on Imamother and I've told everyone who I am by revealing my Instagram handle.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:33 pm
Interesting perspective!

However, you're probably referring to food ingredients or cookware. Is that correct?

I would be promoting an educational course for around $2,000. Consumer sheep don't drop $2K because an influencer suggested it! At least the sheep I know, LOL!

So there are a bunch of photographers who promote each other and share this kind of info! I wouldn't call them sheep, but they would definitely go to a course "together". And post it on their stories. However, I don't feel comfortable posting it here. I'll message you. But I'd definitely feel like this is your target audience! What your looking for is out there! I love your work, I'm not looking to invest 2k into a newborn course right now, however I have spent that in the past, and there is a demand for it if it's someone who's wokr is amazing who is doing it, and you definitely qualify!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:38 pm
Thank you!

What are the popular Lakewood papers?

I'm thinking that I'll be promoting this from the angle; "this is an awesome career option" rather than "I take great photos and you can too!"

However, I suppose both angles are valid.

Actually, I think you should go for the "I take great photos and you can too".
That's what we want, to take great photos. The career part is the Cherry on top

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:26 pm
I am an "influencer" on instagram.
I don't really promote products at all, ocasionally a company will reach out and if they send me something I will write #freestuff or #ad
#sponsored/#ad is usually when they pay you to post it which they don't for me so I just write #freestuff because that is what it is.

I am also extremely honest and will say straight out if I like the product or not.

Reading what you wrote about what you are looking to promote, your best bet in the insta world is probably to reach out to another photographer or two and offer them a discount to your course if they promote it on their stories. Perhaps someone who follows you that you know has a decent following but would like your course.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:29 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Actually, I think you should go for the "I take great photos and you can too".
That's what we want, to take great photos. The career part is the Cherry on top

Really??!!

I've been thinking that Lakewood women are primarily interested in having a home business and making money! Would a significant amount of women invest the time and money for a hobby??
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media