Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Who are your favorite frum Instagram influencers?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

gilamom

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:39 pm
My friend owns a company that sells moderately expensive items and last week she sent out a big shipment to an influencer for free so yes, I'd totally believe raizyscooking's kitchen is free. She explained that to her, it's an advertisement fee, she'd be paying the same to advertise in different newspapers, magazines, etc. but she feels this directly reaches the clientele she's looking to attract.

I look at all the instagram influencers/models/chefs and think of a quote I saw that said something along the lines of, 'Imagine Instagram was deleted tomorrow, and BOOM you're not a model anymore'.

FWIW, there's a couple of insta accounts that I do look forward to seeing posts from and busyinbrooklyn is at the top of that list.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:18 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
the only things that come to mind are the blintzes and most recently her new kitchen. she talks about enough random and creative ideas to drown that out.

She mentioned so much about the company that made her kitchen that I’m wondering if she got it for free... LOL

madys

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:20 am
I'm relatively new to instagram and I follow mostly women chefs for inspiration in the kitchen.

I don't really mind the sponsored posts, I just tap my way through the stories if it doesn't interest me, or I just skip the whole story for that day and pick it up the next day.

The thing that bothers me is when all the women I follow get together for an event and then it's the same stories over and over again on every different page. Again, I'll just tap my way through or skip it totally.

One time, an influencer was posting about an appliance store just when I was redoing my kitchen and buying all new appliances. I mentioned the influencer at the store, and saved $100 (this was after getting the original quote) So I really appreciated it.

I also really like watching them on their vacations. For example, Naomi Nachman was in India, and I found it fascinating to follow along the trip with her. I'll probably never make it there myself, but I felt like I was there too.

Bottom line, it's your time. If you don't like something, just pass it by

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:36 pm
madys wrote:

Bottom line, it's your time. If you don't like something, just pass it by

Exactly!

If most stories are 15 seconds, once an Instagrammer has more than 8 stories a day (which is a total of 2 minutes of my time), IMHO the content had better be spectacular; very informative or very beautiful! Otherwise, I stop watching them!

Who has time to watch 10 minutes of stories a day from multiple Insta-people?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:43 pm
I just got permission from Yael (thanks, Yael!) to post the subject of what I would like to promote.

IY"H November 3rd and 4th, I will be teaching a newborn photography course in Lakewood.

The course will be 9-5 for 2 consecutive days, and further support for Q&A, photo critique, etc.

We will have 4 newborn babies on each day, and learn how to run a successful newborn photography business.

My target audience is women who have beginner or intermediate photography skills, and would like to specialize in newborn photography, add the newborn genre to their existing photography business, or improve their newborn photos.

Since I don't follow the recipe bloggers or beauty bloggers, what I'm wondering is this: Who are the frum Instagram accounts who have the trust of their followers? I'd like to pay some of these "influencers" to promote my course.

Beyla

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:57 pm
Ok I’m loving this conversation as I’m following all those women and find it entertaining (coffee break or nursing session on Instagram or imamother 😉)! I liked reading what you all think about them and I kind of agree. I’ve never bought anything from their swipe up and don’t plan to. I like some of the stuff they advertise for and enjoy watching it as I would like reading a magazine with ads in it. But don’t plan to buy. 🙂

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:58 pm
I would do between carpools and write a post for their site about newborn photography. I would also look into putting something in the Lakewood voice.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:00 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I would do between carpools and write a post for their site about newborn photography. I would also look into putting something in the Lakewood voice.

Thank you! I'd be interested in finding out about the level of readership of Between Carpool's blog. I sometimes look at their IG stories, but I don't think I've ever gone to their site for more information!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:00 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I just got permission from Yael (thanks, Yael!) to post the subject of what I would like to promote.

IY"H November 3rd and 4th, I will be teaching a newborn photography course in Lakewood.

The course will be 9-5 for 2 consecutive days, and further support for Q&A, photo critique, etc.

We will have 4 newborn babies on each day, and learn how to run a successful newborn photography business.

My target audience is women who have beginner or intermediate photography skills, and would like to specialize in newborn photography, add the newborn genre to their existing photography business, or improve their newborn photos.

Since I don't follow the recipe bloggers or beauty bloggers, what I'm wondering is this: Who are the frum Instagram accounts who have the trust of their followers? I'd like to pay some of these "influencers" to promote my course.

can I just say I absolutely love your feed? you take the most breathtaking baby pics I've ever seen. keep it up!!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:06 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
can I just say I absolutely love your feed? you take the most breathtaking baby pics I've ever seen. keep it up!!

You're so sweet!! Heart

For the past few years, I felt that my photos were "good enough" for the vast majority of clients, but not "good enough" for me to feel great about them and feel worthy of pursing teaching this art.

Thankfully, with a ton of hard work (I've taken numerous online and in person workshops), I'm finally at a point that I feel proud of most of my photos, understand how to replicate great photos, and teach these skills.

PS I still do have some duds, but I don't post those! LOL

And for those who don't know me: http://Instagram.com/chaya_braun_photography (OMG, I just had to edit that because I misspelled my first name! I need some sleep!)

smss

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:13 pm

So you want them to promote it without actually having taken it? Honestly this does seem more like something to just do ads for, at least at first. Maybe once people have taken it you can get it promoted that way...

Although I do think the Between Carpools post idea is smart.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:18 pm
You're so sweet!! Heart

For the past few years, I felt that my photos were "good enough" for the vast majority of clients, but not "good enough" for me to feel great about them and feel worthy of pursing teaching this art.

Thankfully, with a ton of hard work (I've taken numerous online and in person workshops), I'm finally at a point that I feel proud of most of my photos, understand how to replicate great photos, and teach these skills.

PS I still do have some duds, but I don't post those! LOL

And for those who don't know me: http://Instagram.com/chaya_braun_photography (OMG, I just had to edit that because I misspelled my first name! I need some sleep!)

you have a special talent. I have yet to so see newborns look so gorgeous in pics.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:19 pm
Thank you! I'd be interested in finding out about the level of readership of Between Carpool's blog. I sometimes look at their IG stories, but I don't think I've ever gone to their site for more information!

I look at their site occasionally and don't check their IG account.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:37 pm

This changes things. I think you'll find your target audience on your own page. You shouldn't need to post about it more than 3-4 times spread out over a month to fill up your class. Also do a written ad, in addition to talking about it, because as much as I love your page I never listen to any of the talks (not specifically you, I don't listen to anyone talk on their stories). I do read written ads/captions though.

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:53 pm

That sounds amazing. I'd say your best bet would probably be a print ad in some of the local papers featuring some of your gorgeous work.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Lol! She does a TON of promotion.

Yes and what bothers me most and also why I unfollowed her is because she never ever states that it's sponsored or she got it free.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:35 pm
gamanit wrote:
That sounds amazing. I'd say your best bet would probably be a print ad in some of the local papers featuring some of your gorgeous work.

Thank you!

What are the popular Lakewood papers?

I'm thinking that I'll be promoting this from the angle; "this is an awesome career option" rather than "I take great photos and you can too!"

However, I suppose both angles are valid.

gamanit

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:38 pm
Thank you!

What are the popular Lakewood papers?

I'm thinking that I'll be promoting this from the angle; "this is an awesome career option" rather than "I take great photos and you can too!"

However, I suppose both angles are valid.

I don't live in Lakewood so I wouldn't really know. As an ad you'd mention that it's a great career option but you want to show that you're good at it. Everyone wants to learn from the best so you have to portray yourself as such Smile .

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:58 pm
Here in lakewood, everyone reads the voice and lakewood shopper. The voice has some pretty talented writers

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:01 pm
Hey, I may be interested. Pricing?
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media