Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When they are being too funny for you to get upset
Previous  1  2  3  Next

aricelli

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 8:06 am
My not-so-little boy has trouble with word recall which makes for some funny moments- like when he asked for “mentos” for breakfast when he meant french toast, when he told someone “his mother smells from purell” when he meant perfume and when he told his teacher that his mother puts “rhinocerous” in his water for him to drink when he meant acidopholous!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:28 am
My children have been listening to The Magic Tree House stories. I figured the Pirate one would be ok for little boys. It was- until a few days later when I told my son to go up to his room. His response: "aye aye cap'n!", as he marched up the stairs.

So frustrating but SO funny!!

Anon cuz I've told this story to so many ppl IRL.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:53 am
When I told DS(almost 3) that his Crocs were on the wrong feet, he looked up at me quizzically, unsure of what I want him to do, "But, Mommy, I don't have other feet."

madys

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:31 am
This is going back YEARS (my daugher is now 20)

So was asking for a snack, and wanted "teletubby snack" I had no idea what she was talking about, litterally no clue! I would show her different snacks and none were right, she kept insisting for teletubby snack! Finally found out she wanted dipsy doodles LOL LOL LOL

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:54 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
My children have been listening to The Magic Tree House stories. I figured the Pirate one would be ok for little boys. It was- until a few days later when I told my son to go up to his room. His response: "aye aye cap'n!", as he marched up the stairs.

So frustrating but SO funny!!

Anon cuz I've told this story to so many ppl IRL.

Why is that frustrating?

My son says “yessir mommy sir” all the time. He’s 12. I think it’s so cute.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:55 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
When I told DS(almost 3) that his Crocs were on the wrong feet, he looked up at me quizzically, unsure of what I want him to do, "But, Mommy, I don't have other feet."

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I love this kid!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:03 am
It was only frustrating because I was trying to punish him and he had such a good comeback Smile but it was funny.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:03 am
My 4 year old said "I'm a police. Mommy if you send me to bed, I'll arrest you and throw you in jail".

2 1/2 year old made on the floor. (Working on training). When asked why, he said "I was busy. it wasn't a con-nenient time to use the toilet."

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:32 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I love this kid!

Me too!

And I wish I could have posted it under my SN to take credit for his cuteness, but I repeated it to so many people IRL that it would totally out me.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:34 pm
My 3 year old son came home wet from cheider(he had made) and claimed with the most sincere face the milk had spilled on him in class. Next day same story, it was raining outside and he said he's wet from the rain, look mummy, don't you see it's raining
How can I get upset at him if he just cracks me up!!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:57 pm
My 4 yo officially uses the "bushes" when we're outside. She just spreads her legs and "goes"
She just shrugs her shoulders and says "it'll soon be dry"
No busha. No ekel.....
And I just laugh about it. (Not when she's around of course) because there isn't anything I can do. She's just too lazy to go inside.
(I tried. We did positive reinforcements and consequences. Nothing doing.)

My other kid (5yo) freaks out. She has had accidents before and she reacts appropriately. She gets herself cleaned up and if it's a mess will do a quick shower.
The little one litterally could. Not. Care. Less. Can't Believe It
She shrugs those petite shoulders and moves on....

Laiya

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:02 pm
This was several years ago.

Ds, 7, walked in the door from school . I asked him how his day was.

Ds: Well, Yossi told me I promised him a bottle cap, I said I didn't, he called me a liar, I said he's just trying to get me to give him one for free, then he pushed me, and I pushed him back.

Me: That's terrible! Why were you pushing each other??!

Ds: Well, we were in the lunch room so there wasn't enough room to fight properly

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:07 pm
aricelli wrote:
My not-so-little boy has trouble with word recall which makes for some funny moments- like when he asked for “mentos” for breakfast when he meant french toast, when he told someone “his mother smells from purell” when he meant perfume and when he told his teacher that his mother puts “rhinocerous” in his water for him to drink when he meant acidopholous!

Thanks to one particular dc, we don't eat schnitzel, we eat snitch-el. I'm not sure a single family member remembers the right way to say it anymore!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:10 pm
DVOM wrote:
I asked one of my boys to move to another seet in the car because he was fighting with his brother. He was very angry and upset and cried the rest of the way home. As we drove he told me: 'Let's wait and see if mommy gives me my seat back. I have a lot of trust in Mommy. She's a very good mother. I think she's going to do the right thing.' This was an obvious parrot of my lines when I ask one of my kids to do something and they don't do it right away. I had such a hard time keeping a straight face Very Happy

I parked in front of the house and continued my phone conversation, while dd, 4, waited patiently in her car seat. Finally she says, Mommy I love you but can we go inside already??

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:45 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My 4 yo officially uses the "bushes" when we're outside. She just spreads her legs and "goes"
She just shrugs her shoulders and says "it'll soon be dry"
No busha. No ekel.....
And I just laugh about it. (Not when she's around of course) because there isn't anything I can do. She's just too lazy to go inside.
(I tried. We did positive reinforcements and consequences. Nothing doing.)

Like, with her panties on?

I'd take her inside after she does that, and take a L O N G time to clean her up, much longer than a bathroom break. Eventually, when she realizes that it takes longer to go outside than inside, she'll stop.

my mama

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:29 pm
I went to pick up my son from playgroup and his teacher told me that he had an accident earlier in the day.
When I tried to confront him he just looked at me and said, "but these pants are dry."
And every time I tried to say something he just repeated "look I'm dry. These pants are dry"

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:36 pm
We told our son, who was 2 at the time, not to climb on the table to get frenchfries. We then distracted by getting our twins out of their car seats, and the 2-year old climbed on the table and just stood there, on the table, eating frenchfries. He almost got away with it.

ALMOST.

Until we heard, “ketchuuuuuup! NEED ketchup!!”

Boca00

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:43 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

So cute. My 3 year old has a right foot and a wrong foot.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:20 pm
My 4 year old is still up and complaining that he's too tired to even lay in his bed. Anyone want to come help him while I finish rotfl?

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:28 pm
These kids are just too cute!!!

My adorable 5 year old nephew called to me today very frantically from where he was on the top of his bunk bed. “Aunty Super! Aunty Super! Wanna see a cool magic trick?” He held out a string in his arm and let it drop from the bunk bed, staring excitedly at the falling string he yelled, “look! It’s just going by itself!!!!!”

Thanks honey for teaching me gravity today!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers