Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What does your baby eat for lunch?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:31 pm
I'm just curious if what my baby eats is ok, normal, too much, filling enough, etc.

(not yet a toddler but eating 2-3 meals a day)

Breakfast today
A roll which he only nibbled on
3.5 oz greek yogurt

then he nursed and went to sleep

Lunch
4 oz apple sauce
4 oz regular yogurt
2 falafel balls

refused to nurse and went to sleep

Dinner will be what everyone else is having (eggplant parm and tomato salad)

Can you share what your baby eats on a regular day? I'm feeling nervous that I'm doing something wrong.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:31 pm
How old is your baby?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:32 pm
pesek zman wrote:
How old is your baby?

11 months

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:34 pm
K’ah!!! Wow! Your baby is eating plenty!! At that age my baby ate food measured in spoons, not ounces! How much does your baby weigh?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:38 pm
pesek zman wrote:
K’ah!!! Wow! Your baby is eating plenty!! At that age my baby ate food measured in spoons, not ounces! How much does your baby weigh?

A ton Tongue Out

When I meet people on the street they'll always notice how big he is first thing.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:39 pm
My 11 month old eats some cheerios and has an 8 oz bottle in the morning. When she wakes up from her morning nap at around 11:45 I give her either bread or pita with cream cheese or peanut butter and a fruit like a peach or melon. She would later get 3 oz yogurt if she's interested.
She has 1-2 more bottles of formula during the day.
She nibbles during the day on snacks like animal crackers and pretzels.
For supper she'd eat an entire chicken cutlet or chicken leg and rice , mashed potatoes or Kugel.
She's a very big girl and probably weighs around 25 lbs by now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:50 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My 11 month old eats some cheerios and has an 8 oz bottle in the morning. When she wakes up from her morning nap at around 11:45 I give her either bread or pita with cream cheese or peanut butter and a fruit like a peach or melon. She would later get 3 oz yogurt if she's interested.
She has 1-2 more bottles of formula during the day.
She nibbles during the day on snacks like animal crackers and pretzels.
For supper she'd eat an entire chicken cutlet or chicken leg and rice , mashed potatoes or Kugel.
She's a very big girl and probably weighs around 25 lbs by now.

Thanks for sharing! We were in the same birth thread actually.
So I feel like giving him empty snacks just makes him crave more empty snacks. Usually for snack I'll give him a vegetable, or bamba, sometimes a fruit, or I'll just nurse him again (which I really want to stop as much as possible for a variety of reasons).

Sounds like bigger babies need more food, is that right?

jfk92

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:53 pm
My 11th month old is a gezunt boy bh

Breakfast: he has a hot or cold cereal with cooked or pureed fruit. Then When I put him to nap its around 4/6 ounces of milk.

Lunch- chicken and carrots, or beef meatballs and pasta w a veggie. He doesnt like fish so far and is allergic to lot of egg dishes but he lovveesss chicken so I usually can make different variety and hes thrilled.

Next nap the bottle is with chicken soup. I basically am alllwwaayyss making it so he has.

Dinner- avocado w buckwheat or banana and yogurt w a little cereal, sometimes cheese and crackers, yuka potatoe. This is where I vary most. He tends to eat a lot for lunch but smaller dinner.

Night bottle 6/8 ounces of milk.

Sometimes in the day ill give him blueberries or string cheese as a snack. Typically when we go out and hes kvetchy lol

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:55 pm
I was also on that baby thread. My baby is also 11 mo.
When she wakes up I nurse her and give her cheerios.
After nap she gets a banana and then a baby jar or baby oatmeal. My babysitter gives her 4 oz formula.
When I get hope from work I nurse her and give her a snack like string cheese or animal crackers.
around 5 she eats dinner - whatever we are serving if she can handle it . Rice/pasta/chicken/eggs/etc
I nurse her one last time before she goes to bed

Last edited by Moonlight on Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:55 pm
jfk92 wrote:
My 11th month old is a gezunt boy bh

Breakfast: he has a hot or cold cereal with cooked or pureed fruit. Then When I put him to nap its around 4/6 ounces of milk.

Lunch- chicken and carrots, or beef meatballs and pasta w a veggie. He doesnt like fish so far and is allergic to lot of egg dishes but he lovveesss chicken so I usually can make different variety and hes thrilled.

Next nap the bottle is with chicken soup. I basically am alllwwaayyss making it so he has.

Dinner- avocado w buckwheat or banana and yogurt w a little cereal, sometimes cheese and crackers, yuka potatoe. This is where I vary most. He tends to eat a lot for lunch but smaller dinner.

Night bottle 6/8 ounces of milk.

Sometimes in the day ill give him blueberries or string cheese as a snack. Typically when we go out and hes kvetchy lol

You put chicken soup in a bottle?

jfk92

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:11 pm
pesek zman wrote:
You put chicken soup in a bottle5?

Yup he has a fleishig bottle for that purpose. Sometimes it's even in a sippy cup. But most times in a bottle.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing! We were in the same birth thread actually.
So I feel like giving him empty snacks just makes him crave more empty snacks. Usually for snack I'll give him a vegetable, or bamba, sometimes a fruit, or I'll just nurse him again (which I really want to stop as much as possible for a variety of reasons).

Sounds like bigger babies need more food, is that right?

My babies were always big and they had more of an appetite than other babies their age. My baby is getting smart and started pushing away or spitting out any sort of cooked or raw vegetables. I used to give chunks of sweet Potatoe and roasted butternut squash as a snack and she has no interest in it anymore. She also despises bananas and apples so even though she eats a lot it's still very random foods.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:20 pm
My baby is also 11 months!

She loves the chicken soup in a bottle thing too! I usually give it to her after a meal instead of water.

I can definitely use more ideas what to feed her. She’s not big and has a terrible appetite.

Beyla

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:27 pm
jfk92 wrote:
Yup he has a fleishig bottle for that purpose. Sometimes it's even in a sippy cup. But most times in a bottle.

Brilliant idea! Love it

Beyla

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:29 pm
So my baby is a little bit older but she eats the left over for lunch 😜 either salmon with rice or veggies and chicken... if I don’t have any leftover she eats toast and cheese and cut up fruits.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:38 pm
My baby eats much much less than what you are all describing. She also weighs 15 lbs and nurses about 6 times in a 24 hours period. There is so much variation in babies at this age. It’s not one size fits all

yerushamama

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:41 pm
I provide breakfast and lunch for the kids in my babysitting group. A typical day, it's a 6 oz bowl of oatmeal mixed with pureed fruit for breakfast, and chicken in some form with a carb - rice, bulgar, ptitim, or cous-cous, mixed with pureed vegetable soup for lunch.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 2:42 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My babies were always big and they had more of an appetite than other babies their age. My baby is getting smart and started pushing away or spitting out any sort of cooked or raw vegetables. I used to give chunks of sweet Potatoe and roasted butternut squash as a snack and she has no interest in it anymore. She also despises bananas and apples so even though she eats a lot it's still very random foods.

My baby also hates bananas and apples! He loves peaches, cherries (messy), grapes (cut into quarters) mango, melon. Vegetables - creamed spinach, tomatoes, boiled squash mixed with melted cheese, green beans, eggplant, sliced olives (his favorite )

He also mostly spits out anything that resembles bread.

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:30 pm
pesek zman wrote:
You put chicken soup in a bottle?

I'm with you on this one. Only thing that goes in a bottle is breast milk or formula and that disappears when they are one. But I could see how some parents could find it useful.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:24 pm
tichellady wrote:
My baby eats much much less than what you are all describing. She also weighs 15 lbs and nurses about 6 times in a 24 hours period. There is so much variation in babies at this age. It’s not one size fits all

15 lbs for a 1 yr old is very petite
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics