Home

Film - The Red Violin

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


sequoia




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:30 pm
Anyone watched it? I’d love to discuss.
Back to top

amother




Indigo


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:33 pm
sequoia wrote:
Anyone watched it? I’d love to discuss.


As a good Canadian (annon for this reason) I've seen it many many times. It used to show frequently on the CBC.

Love.
Back to top

sequoia




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:35 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
As a good Canadian (annon for this reason) I've seen it many many times. It used to show frequently on the CBC.

Love.


Awesome!

I found the timeline confusing. Had to read a detailed synopsis on wiki and tvtropes. Now I have to watch it again Smile
Back to top

amother




Indigo


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:41 pm
sequoia wrote:
Awesome!

I found the timeline confusing. Had to read a detailed synopsis on wiki and tvtropes. Now I have to watch it again Smile


It does jump around a bit - between the 'auction' and 'where the violin was formed and then traveled'. I enjoyed the music and the stories.

Have you seen the 1999 movie Sunshine?
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:54 pm
sequoia wrote:
Anyone watched it? I’d love to discuss.

What category movie would you put this in? Is it clean type for me and my husband?
Back to top

sequoia




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:55 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
What category movie would you put this in? Is it clean type for me and my husband?


It’s really interesting.

There’s one scene with sx/nudity - you could just skip it.
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 9:56 pm
sequoia wrote:
It’s really interesting.

There’s one scene with sx/nudity - you could just skip it.

Thanks!
Back to top

sequoia




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
It does jump around a bit - between the 'auction' and 'where the violin was formed and then traveled'. I enjoyed the music and the stories.



What I found confusing was that they didn’t announce the date before each new segment, so it was unclear how much time had elapsed. Like how was it obvious that the gypsies had the violin for over 100 years before Pope found them?
Back to top

amother




Indigo


Post  Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:17 pm
sequoia wrote:
What I found confusing was that they didn’t announce the date before each new segment, so it was unclear how much time had elapsed. Like how was it obvious that the gypsies had the violin for over 100 years before Pope found them?


I don't remember that specifically... sorry Smile I don't think 'how much time' elapsed wasn't important just that the violin 'lived' through various 'events' (as foreshadowed by the gypsy card reader)
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO red cabbage salad & broccoli craisin salad 5 Sun, Jun 02 2019, 10:45 pm View last post
by abs
Target red card- what a scam!
by amother
39 Wed, May 01 2019, 8:43 am View last post
Can I use dry red wine for charoset 3 Mon, Apr 15 2019, 9:50 pm View last post
Red Pepper Dip 4 Sun, Mar 03 2019, 6:35 pm View last post
ISO light nonmevushal wine that's red 7 Sun, Feb 03 2019, 6:52 am View last post

Jump to: