Home

Will most Anti-Vax parents vaccinate or homeschool?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Wheat


Post  Sat, Jun 15 2019, 11:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Probably some families will move to New Jersey.

Not my town no school here accepts them
Back to top

momsrus




 
 
 


Post  Sat, Jun 15 2019, 11:59 pm
southernbubby wrote:
New Jersey still honors religious exemptions so they can go to public school.


LOL LOL LOL
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:40 am
One family I know was planning on home schooling before this because the schools were making it hard for them
They will not vaccinate. But they are also crunchy in every way. Not just vaccinating.
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 12:56 am
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.
Back to top

Rappel




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:07 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.


Oh, G-d, no...
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:18 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Their kids are fine of course


Are you sure??? The tantrum their toddler threw the morning after getting the mmr shot was because of that. His behavior was perfect until then.
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 1:18 am
DH actually wants to homeschool for the longest time ever because of reasons totally unrelated to vaccines. (He feels like kids in most schools are put into a box that is too small for them-not just in Yiddishkeit areas, but in learning styles, etc.) We never did it because it so unconventional, but if it becomes the norm, we may consider.
I think you'll have a variety of families reacting by moving, homeschooling and vaccinating.
Back to top

amother




Seashell


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 2:38 am
yksraya wrote:
Monroe is in orange county. The schools here ask parents to send the immunization records when enrolling the kids.

Same with camp, they ask for the records.
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 2:56 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.

It's not over till its over. It won't go into effect for another year.
Back to top

BH5745




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:18 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.


Say what!?! Moving to Eretz Yisroel! What an awful thought! How will a JEW survive in ISRAEL! Wow, that is a cray thought LOL

Or maybe, just maybe... Hashem wants them (and other Jews?) to make aliyah? Nah, can't possibly be!
Back to top

BH5745




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:21 am
flowerpower wrote:
Are you sure??? The tantrum their toddler threw the morning after getting the mmr shot was because of that. His behavior was perfect until then.


It's behaviour, not "behavior." You honestly think this is a useful comment?
Back to top

amother




Oak


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 4:39 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I know of at least 2 families who are moving to Israel so as not to have to vaccinate their kids. Can't see it working out well; the family I know is not mainstream as it is and the kids are already older and not Hebrew speakers . So sad that the parents (really it's the mother who is the driving force) who will jeopardize their children's success and happiness because a dogmatic disproven shita.


Well I hope they find out that the Israelis are getting on the case and almost every maon (creche) in my area is demanding kids be fully vaccinated as a condition for acceptance
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 5:15 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Formally, they do ask for records. But it can't be forged, because as I've mentioned, they verify the records with the State. As a matter of fact, I just got a letter from the vaccination dept in the school that my son whose 11 year birthday was now in May, is due for the menn. shot...They are very on top of shots. Rabbi Kohn mamesh made it his life destiny....

They had to honor religious exemptions till past Thursday; that's over for now. There were two "rabbis" here, one Leifer and one Cohen who issued those exemptions.

So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.
Back to top

amother




Silver


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:50 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
It's not over till its over. It won't go into effect for another year.

Huh? The repeal of the religious exemption is effective immediately with parents given 30 days to give at least one of each vaccine in the series.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:53 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.


A doctor can fradulently write phoney medical exemptions for a hefty fee. It worked for awhile in California until the government realized that a few doctors issued the majority of medical exemptions and now they are cracking down.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 8:57 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Huh? The repeal of the religious exemption is effective immediately with parents given 30 days to give at least one of each vaccine in the series.


Parents have until June 2020 to have gotten at least the first dose of each series.
Back to top

amother




Seashell


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:12 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.
I can only speak for my kids' school. To prevent fraud, they use the State records to verify immunizations. I wonder if there could be fraud there. The peds in our community are very outspokenly pro shots.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:15 am
southernbubby wrote:
A doctor can fradulently write phoney medical exemptions for a hefty fee. It worked for awhile in California until the government realized that a few doctors issued the majority of medical exemptions and now they are cracking down.

The person I quoted said doctors can’t fudge records. I’m saying, like you, of course they can, and as an example, I sprite of one doctor that someone wrote about here.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:15 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I can only speak for my kids' school. To prevent fraud, they use the State records to verify immunizations. I wonder if there could be fraud there. The peds in our community are very outspokenly pro shots.

Then you should change your *news flash* post, because it’s quite condescending, and also not what you meant.
Back to top

delicious




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jun 16 2019, 9:25 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
So really what you mean is SOME schools in SOME cities don’t ask for medical records.
Someone posted about a doctor in BP who was forging medical records so kids could go to school. Do you think she made that up?
My kids schools ALL ask for medical records, and if they are not received by a certain time, or they are not up to date, children are not allowed into school.


That was me. I actually overheard by a kiddush on Shabbos that a guy operating under a doctor's license was caught taking bloodwork from one immune sibling and using it to prove immunity for those that aren't immune.

And I wrote how someone that works in schools asked the kid straight out if she got the shot, and she said "no, my brother went to the doctor"

So, it is true, and even more than that, this is working in terms of forgery, as the state is getting forged records from doctors.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Why you should vaccinate, great article! (Anti-vax)
by amother
8 Yesterday at 5:11 pm View last post
If your parents/in laws paid down payment on house...
by amother
143 Wed, Nov 13 2019, 11:07 am View last post
ISO Tour Guide for my parents in Israel... 6 Sat, Nov 09 2019, 7:07 pm View last post
Adoptive parents went on TV to shame daughter now look bad
by amother
5 Thu, Nov 07 2019, 5:06 pm View last post
Forum for parents of children with severe mental issues?
by amother
2 Wed, Oct 16 2019, 11:18 pm View last post

Jump to: