Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Less uncovered Sheitels more covered Sheitels in Boro Park.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 1:50 pm
flowerpower wrote:
That is so not true! I see many worn out ones and I can tell what year it came out based on the hood color. The brand new ones are used by new mommies mainly.

I specifically didn't say only new, I said new and recent years. The older versions are seen here and there, no large numbers which would speak to the durability of them.

If the excuse is that they're buying it for durability, then you'd have to compare the durability of the mid-priced ones to the high-priced ones. Comparing the durability of the lower-priced ones to the higher priced ones, is just looking for rationalizations.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 1:58 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
True. Ive been seeing women in "covered sheitels" with "colored nails". Used to not go together at all.

I havent. Thats interesting. Has anyone else seen women who wear covered Sheitels with colored nails?

lolymom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:00 pm
They moved to Lakewood/ Toms River. Every time we go to my in laws in BP we always joke that there are less and less “Heimish” people like us and more and more ultra chasiddish. We live in Lakewood so do all our married siblings. People are not interested in paying BP pricing on housing and having a small apartment with no backyard so all the young people moved to Lakewood and their parents follow as soon as the youngest is out of school/ married. I really think that’s what it is. I don’t think more people are covering their hair if anything it’s the opposite when it comes to that. If you belong to a real chassidus you stick around BP to be near the Rebba/ community so those type of people are sticking around.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:00 pm
It really depends on what area in BP.
The upper avenues have many women with uncovered sheitels and many more modern chasidish families than in other areas.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So where are the non covered Sheitel Chassidish women moving to, besides Lakewood and Toms River? I dont see too many in BP.

Or do most Chassidish women cover these days? Im thinking maybe thats what it is.

You probably live in a neighborhood with a lot of Satmer women, probably between 13 and 9 Avenue. Were you in the 18th Avenue neighborhood lately?

nchr

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:01 pm
Yes, more Bobover girls are beginning to cover, as are more girls from Belz so that will automatically add more covered shaitels to BP.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:03 pm
And some chasidish women who wanted to uncover, remove seams, and drive etc...have moved to Monsey area.
I’ve been in Airmont a few times and have met a few of them.

And you have many Chasidim who have moved to Staten Island and Linden.

happyness

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I havent. Thats interesting. Has anyone else seen women who wear covered Sheitels with colored nails?

Yes. Definitely. I don't cover and my sheitel is past my shoulders, and I say that I often see women with 'short' sheitels with nail polish. We're talking sugar daddy, not red, but still.

Since when was that a match-a short sheitel on a chassidish lady and nail polish?

Also, when did this term "hot chani" come out? Never heard it before.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:12 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I want to add- I went to BP for the first time in my life a few weeks ago. (Yes I have no relatives there, so I have never been there expect for passing by in the car)

I was in Flatbush had time so we figured we’d go explore. My experience was positive. I’m not here to bash. The store owners very nice and welcoming.

A little observation: DH was amazed at all the fancy carriages and upscale stores. Like even the most chassidish woman pushed a bugaboo and the cooler ones had a Mima or Stokke or whatever. (Yes every single woman pushed a stroller! Loved it!) He said- you don’t see such things in Lakewood.

It makes you wonder- how do you people even afford it? With the crazy rent, and pressures makes sense people would move unless they have very strong reasons to stay.

Some of these bugaboo pushers have others paying their rent (or paying less), food, and healthcare. So more disposable money for a bugaboo.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:28 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Those ladies with the fancy strollers - probably don't have a car. Strollers are cheaper than cars.

Oh please. In Israel it’s the same story. Yet I hardly see any bugaboos there.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:37 pm
Superwify, in the young American neighborhoods in Isreal, almost everyone has a bugaboo!

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:04 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You probably live in a neighborhood with a lot of Satmer women, probably between 13 and 9 Avenue. Were you in the 18th Avenue neighborhood lately?

18th ave is gerrer chassidim’s land and we don’t cover. We don’t shave, we also don’t wear seams.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:05 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Superwify, in the young American neighborhoods in Isreal, almost everyone has a bugaboo!

Ah, so its only the Americans who've discovered the amazing durability of the high priced strollers. Everyone else seems to have not connected the dots just yet.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I actually do!! I live in BP, wear a short covered sheitel with a full hat and I like to have a nice manicure with sheer pink nails! So there!

aliavi

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
What else would you call a Hot Chani?

I wouldn’t. That’s the point. I don't feel it’s proper speech to insult others or their appearance particularly just for conversation with no bearing on my life.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:10 pm
Goodness, the topics being discussed...

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:11 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I actually do!! I live in BP, wear a short covered sheitel with a full hat and I like to have a nice manicure with sheer pink nails! So there!

Should I do a AMA thread? Rolling Eyes

Oh and my amother color! No I would not wear denim!

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:37 pm
cnc wrote:
How can you afford your car?

Very well. My rent is a third of the average BP 2 BR rental.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:39 pm
Anyhoo this was not meant to be a bash, just an observation.

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Jun 18 2019, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jun 18 2019, 3:47 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Some of these bugaboo pushers have others paying their rent (or paying less), food, and healthcare. So more disposable money for a bugaboo.

That’s not very nice.

I regret bringing this up.

I asked a question and I’m looking for an answer. How do these people afford to constantly keep up with Klein’s? (Not only in strollers in expensive clothing shoes ect.)

And I understand the bugaboo is a good stroller. I own one. (Granted it’s a Bee the cheapest but it’s light and a great car stroller and my MIL bought it for me. She wanted me to get a chameleon which looks much nicer but I didn’t want it because it was not practical for me.) But I was asking mostly about the Mima and Stokkes which are not practical at all imho.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics