Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Men Salaries Lakewood Real Estate management
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:35 pm
My Husband is already in the workforce for three years and makes $65,000 a year.
He does get a car and gas for travel...
He wants to stick to that job, as he gains a lot of experience.
For some reason, I have a feeling most men make $100,000 and more at this stage...
Am I right,
AM I wrong???
Please share your opinions,

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:41 pm
Sounds decent to me. How many buildings is he managing?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:42 pm
I presume this is for a heimish company? Why should you feel that there should be a "norm" in a heimish company who will pay an employee more just because of their gender? When a company will play that game, there is no telling what else they will pay.

But for what its worth, according to Glassdoor, the average salary in NJ for a Real Estate manager is in the 70k range. The car that you get is a massive bonus. I see you wrote "Real Estate Manager" in your OP but assumed you meant property manager, the average for a Property Manager is $54k in NJ.

Is he managing properties, or is he selling properties, and managing other real estate brokers?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:44 pm
he is managing properties..

watergirl

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
he is managing properties..

Ok, so thats a property manager, not a real estate manager. And he is making about 15k more, not including the car, than the average in NJ.

But again, from your first post, it looks like its a heimish company, so all bets are off in terms of salary.

As to what he SHOULD be making, thats between him and HKBH, and was already determined in Tishrei.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:48 pm
Off topic, but how do people find these jobs?

WOM, friends, listings?

Where are openings listed for property management type jobs?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:50 pm
How many? What exactly does he do? Is he somewhat of a maintenance guy? They guy I know that does this makes more like 45k.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 12:51 pm
That seems pretty reasonable, or actually pretty generous for someone working 3 years in the field.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My Husband is already in the workforce for three years and makes $65,000 a year.
He does get a car and gas for travel...,

Count your blessings. Thats a lot for a no-specialization no-degree job. Some lawyers and many therapists dont make more.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 1:46 pm
3 years in the work world with no degree and no prior experience, that seems fair. I live in Lakewood so I know why u think everyone makes more.. the houses, cars, desiger clothes... it seems people must be making at least a quarter of a million a year

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 1:56 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
3 years in the work world with no degree and no prior experience, that seems fair. I live in Lakewood so I know why u think everyone makes more.. the houses, cars, desiger clothes... it seems people must be making at least a quarter of a million a year

This. Income from parents and in laws more often than personal income.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 2:09 pm
Sounds fair to me but if he wants to compare he can always look at what other jobs are offering or ask for a raise.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 2:25 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Off topic, but how do people find these jobs?

WOM, friends, listings?

Where are openings listed for property management type jobs?

Yes I’m also wondering ... can anyone answer please?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:13 pm
My DH has been doing this for years but moved on. Still does it a bit for himself.
That is a good starting salary. His place starts at 45k and works then to the bone (know a guy who just started). Very few make 100k or more. Switching jobs can get you more but not sure how much.
Many guys eventually going into buying their own or joining in investments to supplement their income. My DH now owns about 6 homes and is part of a few investment buildings. Definetly doesn’t support us but nice to have. And does side management and skilled work he learned on the job. All the jobs he has now are as a result of his original management job. He still doesn’t make a ton but loves the flexibility and freedom of his jobs.

I don’t know about your DHs job but the position in Lakewood also typically comes with tons of flexibility in terms of hours and yom tov which is also a tremendous perk.
My DHs salary I think was really capped at 75k after 10 years. No car. Yes gas. I don’t think he would have made more.

It’s true everyone looks like they make a ton. I don’t know how any one does it. We make close to 200k combined and struggle living simply. I don’t know who is buying the 800k homes and driving 2 new cars and buying ladida and going to Florida. Because our salaries just don’t stretch that far.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:37 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
My DH has been doing this for years but moved on. Still does it a bit for himself.
That is a good starting salary. His place starts at 45k and works then to the bone (know a guy who just started). Very few make 100k or more. Switching jobs can get you more but not sure how much.
Many guys eventually going into buying their own or joining in investments to supplement their income. My DH now owns about 6 homes and is part of a few investment buildings. Definetly doesn’t support us but nice to have. And does side management and skilled work he learned on the job. All the jobs he has now are as a result of his original management job. He still doesn’t make a ton but loves the flexibility and freedom of his jobs.

I don’t know about your DHs job but the position in Lakewood also typically comes with tons of flexibility in terms of hours and yom tov which is also a tremendous perk.
My DHs salary I think was really capped at 75k after 10 years. No car. Yes gas. I don’t think he would have made more.

It’s true everyone looks like they make a ton. I don’t know how any one does it. We make close to 200k combined and struggle living simply. I don’t know who is buying the 800k homes and driving 2 new cars and buying ladida and going to Florida. Because our salaries just don’t stretch that far.

Everybody has different expenses. If one person only has 2 children and one person has 6 and they're both making $200,000 the one with 2 children might be able to afford the million dollar home while the one with 6 can't. If one family eats expensive foods every day and the other eats pasta.....

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:46 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Everybody has different expenses. If one person only has 2 children and one person has 6 and they're both making $200,000 the one with 2 children might be able to afford the million dollar home while the one with 6 can't. If one family eats expensive foods every day and the other eats pasta.....

400k goes a lot further then 200 or 100 thousand. Someone making 100k can in no way afford a 48k mortgage (800k home). That is going to be more then 1/2 of their take home pay. Unless they can put down much more then 20%

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:50 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
400k goes a lot further then 200 or 100 thousand. Someone making 100k can in no way afford a 48k mortgage (800k home). That is going to be more then 1/2 of their take home pay. Unless they can put down much more then 20%

Are most young Lakewood families bringing in 400k?

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:01 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Are most young Lakewood families bringing in 400k?

No, not even close

giselle

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:08 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Read the article in I think last week’s ami.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 10:22 pm
giselle wrote:
Read the article in I think last week’s ami.

Doubt ill end up tracking it down... can u summarize?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries