Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby Girl Names -- HELP!
1  2  Next

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:59 pm
Iy"h I am due with a baby girl right after Sukkos.

I have such anxiety surrounding girls names. My grandmother was Esther Rivka (a"h) and all my siblings with daughters gave that name (as well as all my cousins). She was known as Esti or Esther. My mother in laws name is Esther, so that name is out.

For a while I was thinking to do Haddassah Rivka but then my sister in law pulled the name Haddassah Rina out of a hat and I feel it is too similar. I dont feel a strong connection to the name Rivka because no one really knew my grandmother as that.

My second idea was to name after my grandfather's first cousin who had a really hard life and died without having children and she basically supported my grandfather through his childhood, I dont think its a stretch to say its likely we all wouldnt be around if not for her. Her name was Chava Lana. Since she had such a hard life I'd prefer not to give the full name, she was known as Chava, so I would give that name and add something on to it, I was thinking Chava Naema (pleasant life). I like the name Naema but im not sure if I'm brave enough to give it -- lol! Its pretty different.

My last and final idea is Nava Tehilla - since it took us a while to get pregnant with this baby (our second) and we are so grateful!!

Right now I'm not being pulled in either direction.

I love unique meaningful names (but not too crazy - lol)

Open to all names!! Hit me with your best!

Thank you all!

singleagain

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:05 pm
I love your idea of Nava Tehilla... Is so pretty!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:19 pm
How about eliana
Hashem answered (your prayers)

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:23 pm
I have definitely thought of that name... but I think I just dont like it that much.

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:28 pm
I'll tell you what we did to choose a name for our son. We went on to aish.com

https://www.aish.com/jl/l/b/48.....e=yes

My husband and I rated all the names from 1 - 5 - (names we didn't like to names we loved. ) We then compared notes on those we both liked and chose a name from that pile that made sense with the timing and emotions from the birth.

imachossid

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:35 pm
What about chava rivka, combination of both names...

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:36 pm
Loving the Chava Naema. A beautiful name, works together very nicely, and so special and meaningful to name after the cousin who wasn't named for.
Bishah Tova!!!
Everything should be with Mazel.

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:37 pm
I've actually looked through the Aish list, multiple times. And the Chabad list, and the Kveller list and whatever list is out there. Nothing jumps out at me... I mean, I like the name Michal and Batya and all the "ellas" (Gabriella, Ariella, Daniella) but none of them are speaking to me at the moment. Would love to hear name combos that other have done, or of one that I havent thought of yet... Thank for your response! What names did you choose on the end?

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:38 pm
imachossid wrote:
What about chava rivka, combination of both names...

I have something against combining two people... I dont know why. What

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:40 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Loving the Chava Naema. A beautiful name, works together very nicely, and so special and meaningful to name after the cousin who wasn't named for.
Bishah Tova!!!
Everything should be with Mazel.

I think I am leaning in that direction as I would love her to have a name.
Amen! Thank you!
Why am I bawling now?? Crying Crying Crying

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:41 pm
We had a boy Smile We named him Daniel. We only finalized on the name 3 days before the bris.

It could be nothing is pulling you because it still feels pretty far away. Maybe closer you will feel more strongly about a specific name or combo

imachossid

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:44 pm
Sometimes you have different ideas & only after you see the baby does it click, it's ruach hakodesh

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:46 pm
Chava Naema is beautiful.

If you want something more common, you could go with Chava Naama. Same meaning.

Nava Tehilla is GORGEOUS. I had that same exact idea at one point when I was expecting my daughter. (It’s a phrase in a tefillah we say by the Yamim Norayim if I’m remembering right.)

iluvdovi

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:46 pm
Lizzie4 wrote:
We had a boy Smile We named him Daniel. We only finalized on the name 3 days before the bris.

It could be nothing is pulling you because it still feels pretty far away. Maybe closer you will feel more strongly about a specific name or combo

Love the name Daniel! Very Happy
My son is Natanel. I have a much easier time choosing boys name. Girls have me stumped for some reason!

I think you are right, I still have a while to think of one, and I dont think I'll decide until I see her iy"h.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 3:19 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Chava Naema is beautiful.

If you want something more common, you could go with Chava Naama. Same meaning.

Nava Tehilla is GORGEOUS. I had that same exact idea at one point when I was expecting my daughter. (It’s a phrase in a tefillah we say by the Yamim Norayim if I’m remembering right.)

Chava Na'ama rhymes but for some reason, the way it rolls of the tongue, Chava Naema doesn't.
(Both end in A, but when you say it it just sounds different.)

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 3:54 pm
iluvdovi wrote:
Love the name Daniel! Very Happy
My son is Natanel. I have a much easier time choosing boys name. Girls have me stumped for some reason!

I think you are right, I still have a while to think of one, and I dont think I'll decide until I see her iy"h.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree... Boys names are easier

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 4:44 pm
How about....

... Music Chava Nagila Music

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:01 pm
What about Chava Tehilla?

sunflower416

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:53 pm
B’shaa tova!
We are due at around the same time and I’m also going around and around on names.
You mentioned different combinations with Nava or Naema and someone else suggested Naama.
So between those three - all lovely and all with basically the same meaning - how to choose?
Any thoughts from the group?
Nava Tehilla is really lovely I agree with other poster on that.

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 6:12 pm
iluvdovi wrote:
I have definitely thought of that name... but I think I just dont like it that much.

What about Chava Rivka?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names