Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How do I find my style?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 4:30 pm
So for a long time I’ve been buying loose tops/dresses to hide my figure. I’ve recently lost weight and now my clothes are too big but I have no idea what I used to wear?!? I’m also older now than I was before I had kids and put on weight so I should probably dress differently anyway. But how do I work out what that is? Any fashion/style experts that can give me advice on this?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So for a long time I’ve been buying loose tops/dresses to hide my figure. I’ve recently lost weight and now my clothes are too big but I have no idea what I used to wear?!? I’m also older now than I was before I had kids and put on weight so I should probably dress differently anyway. But how do I work out what that is? Any fashion/style experts that can give me advice on this?

Go to a store and start trying things on. See what you like, and what flatters you.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 5:30 pm
Do you have a Nordstroms or other high end store near you? What you need, is a personal shopper.

She'll take your measurements, look at your body type, you can tell her your tznius standards, and then she'll go find clothes for you to try on.

Once you get the hang of your new look, you'll be able to shop on your own, but a personal shopper to get you started is priceless.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 7:32 pm
That's a great idea, Frantic Frummie. Personally, I like to read up online about what's flattering for different body types and it helps me figure out what works for mine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics