Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
The Craziness Knows No Limits
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:21 am
https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

Now go blame the anti-vaxxers. Instead of seeing through this craziness.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:31 am
It started with anti-vaxers who bussed in people for an anti-vax rally in Monsey during an outbreak. If they would have avoided the media with their crazy demands, innocent people would not be made to suffer. It actually started before the rally but that was the height of chutzpah and put a label on all anti-vaxers. So yes, I blame the anti-vaxers for this.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 9:45 am
I am unable to open links - can someone tell me what this is about?

sushilover

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:11 am
A mother of nine had city sheriff's pounding on her door because her 8 month old baby wasn't vaccinated yet!

That must have been traumatic for her and her family, and I hope anti-vaxxers feel the guilt that they bear.
When they act in an irresponsible manner, it is inevitable that it will result in the government getting overly involved in everyone's lives which leads to bureaucratic mistakes like this.
I'm not saying the city isn't to blame either. But the anti-vaccers definitely have a hand in it too.

Last edited by sushilover on Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:46 am
sushilover wrote:
A mother of nine had city sheriff's pounding on her door because her 8 month old baby wasn't vaccinated yet!

That must have been traumatic for her and her family, and I hope anti vaccers feel the guilt that they bear.
When they act in an irresponsible manner, it is inevitable that it will result in the government getting overly involved in everyone's lives which leads to bureaucratic mistakes like this.
I'm not saying the city isn't to blame either. But the anti-vaccers definitely have a hand in it too.

8 months old? which vaccines were they talking about?? I heard that a lot of doctors are recommending giving an additional dose of MMR at 6 months, but is it the law?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 10:52 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
8 months old? which vaccines were they talking about?? I heard that a lot of doctors are recommending giving an additional dose of MMR at 6 months, but is it the law?

the link says he was at the doctor's office at the same time as another child who had the measles, so he may have been exposed. In such a case, the recommendation is that they get the MMR early. It seems he didn't get it right away because he as sick.

Who is to blame for this kind of overkill? I'd say the police department should exercise some discretion in such cases....but all of these issues are squarely at the feet of anti-vaxers. If not for them, the child would not likely have had possible exposure to the measles in the first place.

So yeah, OP, the craziness is totally their fault. I don't know how you can even think otherwise.

polka dots

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:11 am
I don’t think it was about mmr, I think the doctor wanted them to take kid for emergency room for something that he suspected kid might have and parents felt that the child is getting better so they didn’t go and the doctor reported them. I didn’t open this link but I think I once saw the clip.

In either case this is absolutely insane!! I vax but very few situations warrant this response!! Total and complete over reaction. This will push anti vaxxers and people afraid of doctors even further. My kids (and myself) would be traumatized!

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:25 am
fyi hospitals can get very "proactive" if they think parents are not giving the children the protocol/treatment the hospital recommends or "cooperating" with the hospital
this is not a new thing

WhatFor

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 11:34 am
Law enforcement has been overstepping for ages. It's only when it comes to our community that people start speaking up.
In any case, it looks like in the cases referenced, the cases were dismissed bc the parents do end up vaxxing. So it's awful that it's come to a place where there's an health crisis and law enforcement has to intervene, but it does seem like people are responding by vaccinating.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:15 pm
sushilover wrote:

That must have been traumatic for her and her family, and I hope anti-vaxxers feel the guilt that they bear.

Yeah. Government overreach at its finest.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
the link says he was at the doctor's office at the same time as another child who had the measles, so he may have been exposed. In such a case, the recommendation is that they get the MMR early. It seems he didn't get it right away because he as sick.

Who is to blame for this kind of overkill? I'd say the police department should exercise some discretion in such cases....but all of these issues are squarely at the feet of anti-vaxers. If not for them, the child would not likely have had possible exposure to the measles in the first place.

So yeah, OP, the craziness is totally their fault. I don't know how you can even think otherwise.

You sound like the kid who says "She started it" without realizing that government overreach is a massive problem that lies squarely on the government who is finding itself enamored with their power. (and that's what perpetuated the outbreak but we don't even have to go there).

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 1:31 pm
Anti-vaxxers....

REAP WHAT YOU SOW......... Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:00 pm
Chayalle wrote:

The behavior of the police was harassment and bullying . Plain and simple .

Even if they were doing it for a justified cause there is no justification for their behavior.

I was also once naive enough to think that maybe they should exercise some discretion in some cases but this is all well meaning and for a good cause. Until I underwent the trauma of having to deal with Child Protective Services barging into my house because an employee who I fired wanted to get back at me and called them.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You sound like the kid who says "She started it" without realizing that government overreach is a massive problem that lies squarely on the government who is finding itself enamored with their power. (and that's what perpetuated the outbreak but we don't even have to go there).

Give me a break.

The Government didn't tell the police to knock on this woman's door at 10pm.

Sure its scary to have the police knock on your door at 10pm. That's point.

Lets not call this 'traumatizing'. This is not a trauma.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:22 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Anti-vaxxers....

REAP WHAT YOU SOW......... Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

Did you click on the link. she's a prov-vaxxer. that's the problem. government overreach doesn't differentiate. you can't be pro-government overreach only when it doesn't affect you. you (ok, not you cuz you don't live in nyc) voted in these officials and politicians.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:24 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Give me a break.

The Government didn't tell the police to knock on this woman's door at 10pm.

Sure its scary to have the police knock on your door at 10pm. That's point.

Lets not call this 'traumatizing'. This is not a trauma.

Oh, I know the government didn't tell the police. I know. It's the politicians you voted in and handed the power to make laws and orders that are infringing on rights of people that weren't meant to be targeted even.

and excuse me, but until you don't experience this, you don't get to belittle it as "not trauma".

You're the perfect citizen. Rationalizing every move of the government even when it stares you in your face is ridiculous and overkill.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh, I know the government didn't tell the police. I know. It's the politicians you voted in and handed the power to make laws and orders that are infringing on rights of people that weren't meant to be targeted even.

and excuse me, but until you don't experience this, you don't get to belittle it as "not trauma".

You're the perfect citizen. Rationalizing every move of the government even when it stares you in your face is ridiculous and overkill.

as is making a case for government overreach based on one incident.

The only way to figure if this was trauma or not - would be to examine future behaviors.

I don't rationalize much of anything. If you want to be upset - be upset with the police.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 4:35 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
as is making a case for government overreach based on one incident.

The only way to figure if this was trauma or not - would be to examine future behaviors.

I don't rationalize much of anything. If you want to be upset - be upset with the police.

THe overreach didn't start now. It started against the anti-vaxxers but then everyone said "good for them". If law is unvaxxed should get kicked out only in a school where there's an outbreak, but they make law of every school that doens't have 95%, that was overreach (which actually perpetuated the outbreak). Then forcing everyone in a certain zip code to get vaccinated is overreach.

I literally have no clue how you decided what qualifies as trauma. In my book, a kid opening the door to police unexpectedly is traumatizing. Heck I'd be traumatized by police at my door when I didn't call them.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I literally have no clue how you decided what qualifies as trauma. In my book, a kid opening the door to police unexpectedly is traumatizing. Heck I'd be traumatized by police at my door when I didn't call them.

My kids would be thrilled if the police showed up at my door! That would be one exciting night in our house. They would be discussing and embellishing the story for days and they would run to go to school the next day to tell all their friends about it.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 28 2019, 5:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
THe overreach didn't start now. It started against the anti-vaxxers but then everyone said "good for them". If law is unvaxxed should get kicked out only in a school where there's an outbreak, but they make law of every school that doens't have 95%, that was overreach (which actually perpetuated the outbreak). Then forcing everyone in a certain zip code to get vaccinated is overreach.

Psychological trauma is a type of damage to the mind that occurs as a result of a distressing event. Trauma is often the result of an overwhelming amount of stress that exceeds one's ability to cope, or integrate the emotions involved with that experience. Trauma may result from a single distressing experience or recurring events of being overwhelmed that can be precipitated in weeks, years, or even decades as the person struggles to cope with the immediate circumstances, eventually leading to serious, long-term negative consequences.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics